Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Robin, Festive Tactician
    • Lissa, Pure Joy
    • Chrom, Gifted Leader
    • Tharja, “Normal Girl”
    • Azura, Celebratory Spirit
    • Camilla, Holiday Traveller
    • Takumi, Prince of Soup
    • Ryoma, Peerless Samurai

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

Oh, wow, thanks a fucking lot, IS. Tease us Hoshido/Ryoma fans that wanted Ryoma in the NY banner and throw him in this gauntlet. :/ I really feel like I'm being slapped in the face.

I'll have to back him anyway though, since he's my fav here no question.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to support Robin, but then I saw Ryoma.

I don't even like him I'm Nohrian Scum but this is too good to pass up. Helps that Ryoma is the only unit out of this lot that I actually have.

Well I will be supporting C!Chrom since I have him and he is my fav out of the bunch.  I will be running my Innes like always.  For those that want to add me my id is 6148672165, user name is Rain.

I'm not really sure who to support with this Gauntlet.  I've got plenty of characters I sorta like, but none of them are my top faves.

Also, why is Ryoma here?  My distaste for Holiday units is weighed against the obvious out-of-placeness Ryoma has here.

Lastly, did they ever say it was supposed to be a Hoshidan New Year, or is that just what everyone assumed?  Really, Takumi's the only one who is truly Hoshidan.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Lastly, did they ever say it was supposed to be a Hoshidan New Year, or is that just what everyone assumed?  Really, Takumi's the only one who is truly Hoshidan.

Everyone assumed. Nohr has had a seasonal banner, as has Ylisse, twice. Hoshido hasn’t had any seasonal banner to her name before. And now still.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Azura hasn’t been in a gauntlet before.

That surprises me.  It seems like they like using the same dozen or so 3DS characters for every Gauntlet.

I might go Team Chrom purely for Feathers.  Odd this one's starting right away and with no accompanying Banner to it.  I don't think we've ever had Tempest and Gauntlets happening simultaneously before.

27 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I might go Team Chrom purely for Feathers.  Odd this one's starting right away and with no accompanying Banner to it.  I don't think we've ever had Tempest and Gauntlets happening simultaneously before.

Can I tempt you to team Takumi (out of the selfish hope to get to use your Titania in a gauntlet again)? We have Soup and memes. 

36 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Azura hasn’t been in a gauntlet before.

Looking back this is kind of surprising. 

2 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Can I tempt you to team Takumi (out of the selfish hope to get to use your Titania in a gauntlet again)? We have Soup and memes. 

I'm planning to go to Team Takumi, if it helps :) I'm happy to use any colour units you wish and my default is Reinhardt, if you want to add. 

If not, no problems ^.^ 

Even if Tharja or Camilla are almost guaranteed to take the win, I will join Team Winter Robin.

We will try our best! Anyone wanna add me to my ranks? I have a bunch of five star units raring to go, among them regular Robin, All the Winter Units, Ike, Ryoma, Siegbert, PA Azura and regular Azura, Hector, Julia, Sonya, Nino, Reinhardt, Celica and such.

I'm also up for being added for the sake of our winter tactician! My ID is 9339022177!

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm planning to go to Team Takumi, if it helps :) I'm happy to use any colour units you wish and my default is Reinhardt, if you want to add. 

If not, no problems ^.^ 

I forget do I have you on my friends list? I’m on mobile at the moment so if your fc is in your sig I can’t see it :P

my code is 0028978737 if you want to add me

Rein should do just fine. I’ll be running my Soren unless requested otherwise. :)

23 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I forget do I have you on my friends list? I’m on mobile at the moment so if your fc is in your sig I can’t see it :P

my code is 0028978737 if you want to add me

Rein should do just fine. I’ll be running my Soren unless requested otherwise. :)

I don't think so. I'll add you now :) 

Takumi is currently my lead (and my name is Zenelle in game) but that will be changed for the event :)

Edit - Thought you were maxed out on the friend's list but it turns out I was. I only had one person who hadn't logged in for a few weeks :O

I hope they expand these lists soon >.< I might delete some people during the VG, though, if they put up people of the same colour. 

Edited by Cute Chao

27 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Looking back this is kind of surprising. 

Sure, since you asked and my lack of any real draw towards anybody else.  Here she is in all her glory.  I'll try to remember to swap her Hone Cavalry for something else, when I'm not doing Arena Battles.

N1nEqGs.png?1

She's also got the Wind Blessing now, but I don't think that shows up on allies.

It would be funny if Ryoma won and completely destroyed the point of the Holiday Gauntlet.  We know Corrin is in the data, so I don't know why he's being withheld from this.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Sure, since you asked and my lack of any real draw towards anybody else.  Here she is in all her glory.  I'll try to remember to swap her Hone Cavalry for something else, when I'm not doing Arena Battles.

N1nEqGs.png?1

She's also got the Wind Blessing now, but I don't think that shows up on allies.

It would be funny if Ryoma won and completely destroyed the point of the Holiday Gauntlet.  We know Corrin is in the data, so I don't know why he's being withheld from this.

Probably 'cos he can't be pulled on a banner... but it still does seem odd, considering they had Sharena and Alfonse in the original gauntlet, plus the fact that the Christmas units aren't even going to be pullable during this thing. 

I would love to see Ryoma win, although Takumi is my favourite of the lot, so I'll start off with him :) 

5 hours ago, Hekselka said:

The CYL poll doesn't mean that much. Back when the VG was still a popularity thing, Chrom nr. 4 in the CYL Male poll lost to Ephraim nr. 7 in the poll.

He was also sharing his vote with his more popular daughter. 

Anyways, I'll be on team Robin if anyone wants the support (and someone who won't run blue on his team).

Edited by Arthur97

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Everyone assumed. Nohr has had a seasonal banner, as has Ylisse, twice. Hoshido hasn’t had any seasonal banner to her name before. And now still.

The Japanese name for the new year banner literally means "Hoshido's First Month/New Year," so the assumption is not out of place.

Edited by Tsuky

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Such is the cost of being a Tempest Trial reward character.   No room is given for socialization. 

13 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I don't think so. I'll add you now :) 

Takumi is currently my lead (and my name is Zenelle in game) but that will be changed for the event :)

Alrighty! I got ya. 

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

N1nEqGs.png?1

Huzzah! My begging recruitment worked! I really hope Titania actually graced me with her presence this time around. She was avoiding me last gauntlet. >:V

At this point my only motivation for gauntlets is some feathers and getting to use friend units.

Ryoma winning would be hilarious. RIP mCorrin, this gauntlet is going to be such a train wreck.

quick edit: I’ll be running my Soren as per usual

Spoiler

image.png

I’ll probably be swapping Swift Sparrow for Fury so he can tank Brave Bow Lyns. 

Edited by DarkLordIvy

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Probably 'cos he can't be pulled on a banner... but it still does seem odd, considering they had Sharena and Alfonse in the original gauntlet, plus the fact that the Christmas units aren't even going to be pullable during this thing. 

I would love to see Ryoma win, although Takumi is my favourite of the lot, so I'll start off with him :) 

It raises the question of why he wasn't just in the New Year's Banner with everyone else.  I guess it's better that we don't have 2 Grays sharing a color, but his absence here is quite conspicuous, made all the more glaring with Lobster King here.

1 minute ago, Tsuky said:

The Japanese name for the new year banner literally means "Hoshido's New Year," so the assumption is not out of place.

It's like they forgot Hinoka existed...

2 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Such is the cost of being a Tempest Trial reward character.   No room is given for socialization. 

I really hope we don't have just another Holiday Tempest, but it also raises the question of why one of the Christmas units wasn't a freebie and we just got another Marth.

2 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Alrighty! I got ya. 

Huzzah! My begging recruitment worked! I really hope Titania actually graced me with her presence this time around. She was avoiding me last gauntlet. >:V

At this point my only motivation for gauntlets is some feathers and getting to use friend units.

Ryoma winning would be hilarious. RIP mCorrin, this gauntlet is going to be such a train wreck.

I hope you get her.  I always seem to get the same 2-3 friend characters over and over, which isn't usually a huge deal, unless it's the same color as the unit I'm using.