Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lords are again on the top, I think it is a good development. All of the top three males are interesting characters and Celicia  for the females too, maybe Erika could strike back. 
Today I was again voting for Caeldori, I know it can't change much, but I hope that she could become added.

4 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oh wow. Just saw the twitter results, and I finished voting for all of the people I had planned on voting for. I added Ishtar, Edward, Leonardo, Tibarn, Shigure, Brady, Bruno, and Forrest to my votes. Now, I think I'm going to use the remainder of the days to vote for the peeps I'd like to see get higher in the ranks. I think I'll focus on one guy and one gal. 

For the guys, I'd love to see Marth make it to the top. He deserves a special costume. I love both Ephraim and Hector however, so it's not as big a deal. I also love Celica, so I want to see her stay on top.... But I also want to see if we can push Camilla out of the top. XD I guess voting for Azura or Eirika would be a good way to do that, but I actually would like to see Veronica ranking higher. Hm... I'm torn. 

Is anyone rallying behind a particular female? I wouldn't mind going for Veronica, Micaiah, Eirika, or even Nino. 

I may also chunk a few votes at Alfonse because he earned it in that last chapter.

Eirika, please! Besides, if you want to push Camilla out, she would be the best way to go :P

Edit: I sure hope so, @Morswo! Maybe you could throw a vote(s) her way after you vote for Caeldori, pretty please?

Edited by DefyingFates

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Eirika, please! Besides, if you want to push Camilla out, she would be the best way to go :P

Edit: I sure hope so, @Morswo! Maybe you could throw a vote(s) her way after you vote for Caeldori, pretty please?

I think about it, it would be very well if Erika becomes 2nd female.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Everyone should vote SD Marth. What if we actually get Pantsless Marth if he ends up in top 2? We must find that out.

I need this.

Ideally for me it would be Marth and Ephraim in the top 2, I like Hector but he's not a favourite of mine. I know he deserves the win though.

Re: the Loki and Veronica talk, I'm skeptical of any Heroes OC being high because they've got next to no character. Sharena is the perky one, Alfonse is the just one, Anna is the funny one, Veronica is the sullen one, Loki is the sexy one. And that pretty much sums up their characters. But on the other hand, I get that some Heroes players have grown to like the OCs even if I personally don't get it. So I don't really mind Veronica or Alfonse being up there; Loki though being so new and fanservicey is annoying though. There are so many characters who deserve to rank in the top 20 only for Loki to be up there. Even within her archetype, Sonia, Petrine, even Ishtar though she's not so busty... are all way stronger versions of it.

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

That's because, in typical FE fashion, it's really subtle.  The script for Chapter 18B is pretty long, so I'll link it here.  Note Eph's reaction after Lyon goes poof - the perfect hero, reduced to, well, this.

And here's where a twist occurs.  In Chapter 19A, L'Arachel and Eirika have a conversation, and they address the issue with Lyon directly.  In Chapter 19B, Ephraim and Tana have that conversation.  Unlike his sister, Ephraim doesn't directly tell Tana what happened - instead, he alludes to it.  For someone who's supposed to be straightforward, this is really out-of-character.  The incident with Lyon has shaken him, to the point where he doesn't want to talk about it. . .and in that reversal, Ephraim's the one running from the fight.  Even if the fight itself isn't "stab bad guy".  Yet Eir, the naive one who doesn't want to fight, learns to confront the conflict and deal with it.

This was nice. Had I gone onto explaining why I dislike Ephraim, I would have slipped onto full on rant mode. However, this has shown me just a bit of Ephraim's issues, and I don't dislike him as much. However, these were just far too few to be enough. Ephraim has still been depicted as a perfect person most of the time, and its literally only when he fights the demon king that Ephraim actually loses for once. 

I would have much rather preferred if his recklessness came to bite him in the ass. Had I seen him as a person that was emotional pained from losing his father and kingdom that the hatred actually did get the better of him, and he made more mistakes that costed him victory that resulted in people dying. This could have been a chance for Eirika to save him, not just from the predicament that Ephriam got into, but to also help him emotionally, to be the one to remind Ephriam of the good that is still there. Eirika is naive, but her trusting nature shows a side of purity in her. She can mature a bit more, but she doesn't have to lose herself in the process. If she had been able to help Ephriam, then it would have made the story of the two siblings supporting one another far more acceptable, and I'd have liked Ephraim more.

Now that college has helped me burn off a bit of the excitement, let me say, I'm pleasantly shocked at how well female Morgan has done. My daughter is truly a sweet child, so hopefully she gets added alongside her male counterpart.

I'm not at all bothered by Camilla being in second, she might actually get clothes that cover her up, plus I genuinely like her.

53 minutes ago, Morswo said:

it would be very well if Erika becomes 2nd female.

I know, right?! Please vote for her if you feel like it!

31 minutes ago, Lau said:

she might actually get clothes that cover her up

Like her or not, you don't actually believe this, do you? :P

24 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I know, right?! Please vote for her if you feel like it!

Like her or not, you don't actually believe this, do you? :P

I do, is that so shocking? It happened in Warriors, there's no reason why it can't happen again.

I voted Micaiah, Ephraim, Hector, and Celica thus far. I am quite happy that Ephraim and Hector are the top slots for the guys, while Celica being #1 is a pleasant surprise. A part of me would have liked to see Micaiah higher, but oh well.

However, a part of me hopes that Camilla, Erika, or Azura do not make it into 2nd. Camilla and Azura have plenty of variants already, and Erika just recently got a new version herself. Seeing Veronica or Micaiah alongside Celica would be amazing, but somehow I doubt this will happen. // There is also the thing with Marth. I know Marth is the poster boy and the original hero, but I have my Sacred Stones bias and must have my Ephraim! However, if Ephraim does end up losing his spot to Marth, I won't mind too much. Marth does look pretty awesome in his Warriors Lodestar incarnation.

As for my remainder votes, I am tossing another vote to Ephraim (originally Berkut's) and then to Veronica.

The male side of CYL is going well but that's not surprising since the male cast is more consistent with good characters.
Hector and Ephraim deserve the win, though Marth as well. Since I split my votes between Ephraim and Reinhardt, I will probably vote both Marth and Ephraim.

Reinhardt being this high should have left a clear message.

But the ladies ... yikes.
Celica is ok though still quite surprising. Even with Echoes that's a prety impressive backing behind her.
Camilla is the biggest mistake Fire Emblem has ever produced.
Eirika got a new version of herself which means she probably won't maintain her position.
Azura ... I'm fine with despite her utterly stupid role in Fates. But she has way too many variants already and both are green.
Loki is just highlighting that boobs lead the direction of Fire Emblem. Disgusting.

Maybe people can rally behind Micaiah or even Veronica? I would take Nino over her any of these for the 2nd spot, come on.

So assuming these top spots remain:
- Hector: He gains Swords after his promotion ... so Sword General Hector (Blazing Durandal)? Otherwise ... Lance. Maybe something like Brave Lucina?
- Ephraim: If Eirika is an indication then he is going to be a Great Knight with Garm.
- Celica: Maybe Light Mage Celica in reference to Seraphim, so Blue? She could take the Sword spot over Hector with Beloved Zofia as Princess.
- Camilla: Just die somewhere in Colorless hell please.

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

All this hate towards Camilla.... I almost feel like dropping my last 2 votes on her.

Don't do this, if you are not a Camilla fan. You would waste your votes.

1 minute ago, Morswo said:

Don't do this, if you are not a Camilla fan. You would waste your votes.

Instead, vote for Shadow Dragon Marth, so that he finally gets the recognition he deserves!

But honestly, Camilla is getting way too many hates. She really isn't a bad character, but people are rather judgmental of her for:

1. Faservice.
  2. Yandere.

8 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

All this hate towards Camilla.... I almost feel like dropping my last 2 votes on her.

I voted most for her with some Selkie, Celica, Laevatein, Veronica and Loki in there. I guess its more minor hardcore fans that do since in the Fates days she was and still is the big thing especially for Conquest selling more she is on the title screen and in the first heroes trailer for a reason.

Also agree with @omegaxis1

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

But honestly, Camilla is getting way too many hates. She really isn't a bad character, but people are rather judgmental of her for:

1. Faservice.
  2. Yandere.

Can you blame them? She IS walking fanservice! Even if she has a potentially good character behind that, you can't deny that she's still pushed more as fanservice. Just look at that god awful Birthright cutscene of her...

Just now, Anacybele said:

Can you blame them? She IS walking fanservice! Even if she has a potentially good character behind that, you can't deny that she's still pushed more as fanservice. Just look at that god awful Birthright cutscene of her...

Yeah, really doesn't help that the cutscenes always focuses on some fanservice part of her. Whether its Fates or Warriors. 

However, I still think that people are giving too much hate now.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Can you blame them? She IS walking fanservice! Even if she has a potentially good character behind that, you can't deny that she's still pushed more as fanservice. Just look at that god awful Birthright cutscene of her.

This is such a moment were I thought this nothing anymore like a "normal" Fire Emblem cutscene, but I think I have to accept this development, even if it becomes a shameful end in my opinion .

My last 2 votes are going to Naesala and Kaze again so that I can try to get them higher in the poll so that they will be put in Heroes.  I am to the point I don't care about alt costumes, I just want them in the game.  As to the poll results they sound pretty good right now, though I don't want characters with more then one version to win, so I hope that Celica and Nino end up winning the girls side and I want Hector and Marth to win on the guys side.  I don't hate Cammy she was really good in my Conquest runs, but I feel like 3 different versions of her is enough, same with Azura and Erika.  Let someone who doesn't have an alt win.