Tempest Trials: Loki’s Flames!

Vaximillian

Just Bridelia for me. She falls 1 damage short when with Hone Atk if Luna isn't up (it usually is), but easy enough to solve with either Tharja moving closer to supply Spur Atk, or Bridelyn using Dazzling Candlelight first.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is Ares and Minerva aimed at her.  Assuming they both have their specials charged, it's not pretty.  If either one of them doesn't, that's what Ninian is for.

Can't wait to forge Minerva's axe.  Once I do, Loki will become a non-issue.

Usually Loki is not a big deal. 

Cake Marth baites the lower opponent on the left side (if not red) and then Loki is the last unit to get killed arrive. On full health BB!Cordelia and Tharja can bait Loki. Cordelia and Marth can one-round her with active special, Tharja with her special or some allies nearby. 

Had to change up my team again since OG Marth has capped HM. Now I'm using a team of Olivia, Groom Marth, Reinhardt, and (insert healer here).

Groom Marth with Fury 3, Atk +1 (used Atk/Def 1 seal for this case), and Hone Cavalry boost can ORKO Loki from full HP.

After getting the Def/Res Link 3 boost from Sanaki (who also has Hone Atk 3 and the Hone Spd 3 seal), my Dark Shadow Tharja (+HP/-Res, Raudrblade+, Fury 3, Desp 3, Speed +3 seal) doubles non-Brazen Loki and kills her.

So, Loki is a non-issue for me. Aside from Dark Shadow Tharja and Apostle in White Sanaki, my other team members are Micaiah and Lady of the Lake Azura (taking over for Oracle of Destiny Ninian, who’s capped out on HMs again) for those curious.

Got maximum rewards already. Only used one stamina potion, and I didn't even really stress out about using up my daily stamina. I kind of like the chill TT. I could do some grinding now for HM, but no one really needs SP, and it's easier just to grind HM on the GHB maps. I may do it to see if I can boost my score...but I'm not that motivated for feathers, especially with a Voting Gauntlet coming up. Plus, I'm pretty happy with my stores right now. 

Groom Marth is so precious. I will always protect him. XD

Started with Sanaki, Dorcas, Ninian and Genny. It wasn't as good as I hoped, partly because Genny is nowhere near ready as is and I lacked repositioning skills entirely.

After I got round to raising Bridian, I've been using her along with Elincia, Gerome and Bunnero. Haven't needed a second team so far, with Elincia in particular cleaning house on Loki and 1-rounding her as she pleases (though she does need some help with a Goad Fliers. Bridian will want that soon enough).

Kinda says something that this thread slipped off the front page without fanfare.

I'd decided from the outset that I wasn't going for top 10k, which took something like 130k points last time around. So I'm now pretty much at exactly half that, and appear to be safe enough at rank 36k-odd. It's still mind-boggling to me that there's no reward threshold between rank 10k and 50k so there's precious little incentive to put in "moderate" effort, it's either grind my eyeballs dry, or just do the bare minimum. The only time I used stamina potions was to get some orbs early to get in another round of legendary banner summoning, so two potions all up. I'd gotten top 10k every TT since the auto-autobattle system came in but it's gotten to the point where I can't be bothered looking at the game for 2000 feathers more. Hell, I pointlessly 5-starred Marth then proceeded to not use him at all in the event, that was a waste but whatever.

Why no 5k feather reward for top 20-25k IS?

152,697 points qualify me for rank 3,811 at the time of this post, an hour and a half before the end. Going to take a short break and resume pushing to keep a spot within top 5k.

Can’t say no to 8k feathers.

Edited by Vaximillian

I love tempest trials because it helps me get so many units I'd never use otherwise get HM. A lot of my characters maxed out HM because of it, and there are several others who got a lot of HM just for participating. Bridal Sanaki and Groom Marth have over 3,000 HM and almost 2,500 HM, respectively.

I don't know why but I don't have much motivation to do this one. Didn't even break 60k.

I didn't even use groom Marth or bride Tharja much, since dragon emblem made doing this much easier. Actually the only reason I haven't foddered Tharja off yet is because I don't know who to fodder her to.

Edited by Korath88

I've been using three bride units: Marth, Tharja and Sanaki in my autobattle team. They have 500-600HM each. It's not a totally accurate indicator compared to past TTs because they're no longer required for the multiplier rounds, but in the past my bonus units have ended with about 3000HM each.

I used lunatic/7 to solve the Askir+Fjorm+Like quests and arrived to ~120k now, which is still good for rank 7,127. 

23 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Kinda says something that this thread slipped off the front page without fanfare.

Yup, easier does not equal more fun in every case. 

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Never used autobattle since July (or was the first tempest in June?), and still enjoying it. All the sweet, sweet feathers. Mmm.

It's still my favorite mode, but trying for a good ranking has lost a lot of appeal to me. 

This was the most fun I had with a TT.  I usually don't shoot for much after the final reward, but I think I ended with 45,000.

Got 4k feathers! Puts me just shy of 140k. Didn't put too much work into this Tempest, but I got all the rewards, but Marth, Groom Marth, Bride Caeda, and Sanaki got a good workout towards the end. I also maxed out some HM which is nice.

I barely just got the rewards this time because I forgot to play on Friday and had to rush.... today technically.

Also, Loki probably is serious about removing Askr. There's probably a specific reason for it and I have my doubts it's just to remove Askr's military as a threat.