August Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm still banking on it being either Hrid, red bow Alm, or Marth. I don't think any possible females make as much sense here. Eirika already got that red horse alt, Celica is getting CYL soon and red bow Alm just sounds more interesting as an Echoes legendary, and Elincia and Micaiah both JUST got alts. Besides, I'd make the next Elincia alt a flying healer anyway, not another red unit. Marth is also way overdue for a legendary version imo.

Hrid makes the most sense to me because I think both his sisters will be on this banner as well. Why not have all three siblings there? I suppose it could also be Ylgr if she's a red mage though.

I think that Hrid is comming in october, and Ylgr in november. For this month i'm hoping for Celica with red dagger or a Dragon unit.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Well... I don't buy orbs so often, and I am trying to keep my orbs for CYL. I want to get Hríd, but I don't plan to spend orbs in this Legendary Hero Banner The next time August Legendary Hero will be available is in November/December banner, so if Hríd is this month Legendary Hero I will need to choose between him and the Brave Heroes.

Well, there are tons of players that do buy orbs to some degree. :P

Not everyone is a whale, but plenty of non whale spenders do exist, so IS would like capitalizing on that.

One thought: If the next New Heroes chapters will conclude Book II, it would make sense to release Hrid and Ylgr soon. Either via Legendary banner or reward (GHB, TT, story chapter). 

Book III will have most likely new characters to melk

15 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

One thought: If the next New Heroes chapters will conclude Book II, it would make sense to release Hrid and Ylgr soon. Either via Legendary banner or reward (GHB, TT, story chapter). 

Eh, not necessarily since Bruno is still M.I.A. to this very day and Book I has obviously been long over.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Eh, not necessarily since Bruno is still M.I.A. to this very day and Book I has obviously been long over.

Bruno was antagonist most of the time and they left the door open for a return. Protagonists of Book I are playable (Anna, Alfonse, Sharena) and even one of the antagonists (Xander). 

Not yet sure how to qualify Hrid and Ylgr in these categories. 

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Bruno was antagonist most of the time and they left the door open for a return. Protagonists of Book I are playable (Anna, Alfonse, Sharena) and even one of the antagonists (Xander). 

Not yet sure how to qualify Hrid and Ylgr in these categories. 

If they wanted to make Bruno playable, they probably should've done so when he was still relevant to the plot. Now, he's lost in the shuffle of all the new and massively overrated OCs that Book II has brought in. He doesn't even have the advantage of being the only hunky male anymore. Sure, he could come back at any time but IS lost their best chance to sell him in my opinion. And who's to say IS doesn't do the same to Hrid and Ylgr if they don't see them as valuable enough? I'd like to think it isn't an accident that there hasn't been another OC non-legendary since Gunnthra.

Edited by Tybrosion

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If they wanted to make Bruno playable, they probably should've done so when he was still relevant to the plot. Now, he's lost in the shuffle of all the new and massively overrated OCs that Book II has brought in. He doesn't even have the advantage of being the only hunky male anymore. Sure, he could come back at any time but IS lost their best chance to sell him in my opinion. And who's to say IS doesn't do the same to Hrid and Ylgr if they don't see them as valuable enough? I'd like to think it isn't an accident that there hasn't been another OC non-legendary since Gunnthra.

Yeah, they missed the best moment to "sell" Bruno and perhaps the same will happen to other OCs. I still think it makes sense to make them playable, since the most effort was to implement them into the game at all. Why not trying to earn some bucks by making them playable (not necessarily as legendary heroes) which shouldn't be much additional effort? 

I'd prefer OCs over alts anyway. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Book III will have most likely new characters to melk

I don't believe the book will be concluded this month. The Order of Heroes will took at least 1 chapter to discover who is the traitor, more 1 or 2 chapter to discover how to deal with the rite of flames, and 1 or 2 chapters to deal with Múspell. I believe Book II will be concluded between November and December, if this happens this year.

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Could be. But two new Heroes banner may be an indicator they want to progress the story. 

Which might only give us one story chapter if one of those banners is CYL2, as CYL1 got a paralogue and not a story chapter. If not, that'll put Book II at thirteen chapters, exactly how many Book I has.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

Jokes aside, I like that idea. I think maybe gender bender alts are a great way to sell "male" units in the game. If Intelligent Systems ever run out of true waifus to sell and fans do not want a 10th Lucina, they can sell F!Xander and F!Takumi to please both the guys and maybe the girls.

I don't know man. I mean, I really want to be as open minded as the next guy, but I wouldn't really want to go this the "Fate" route here. It just sounds too controversial, not to mention there might be some unintentional sexism along the way.

Hmm as much as I'd like peg!Hrid to be the next legendary hero, I notice a few gaps in the legendary lineup. I wonder if the next will be a combination of male, red, armor, +res, and water. Could still be Hrid, of course. So far, all wind legendaries have been female, and both fire legendaries have been male. I wonder which trends will continue as time goes on.

Edit: People sure seem to be convinced that the upcoming color is red, but there has only been 1 colorless legendary. I wonder when the next one will be.

Edited by Mercakete

48 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Edit: People sure seem to be convinced that the upcoming color is red, but there has only been 1 colorless legendary. I wonder when the next one will be.

That’s because Fjorm (blue), Gunnthra (green) and F!Grima (colorless) are all confirmed to be on this next banner while Ike and Ryoma won’t be.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

That’s because Fjorm (blue), Gunnthra (green) and F!Grima (colorless) are all confirmed to be on this next banner while Ike and Ryoma won’t be.

Ah, right. So, I guess legendary colors don't overlap. Thanks for the clarification. :)

I honestly don't know who the red hero will be this month anymore. The CYL banner threw me off so I guess it could literally be anyone now though I guess that depends on whether or not they will continue the pattern of two males, two females in which case the August hero should still be female but we will see what happens next week.

3 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I honestly don't know who the red hero will be this month anymore. The CYL banner threw me off so I guess it could literally be anyone now though I guess that depends on whether or not they will continue the pattern of two males, two females in which case the August hero should still be female but we will see what happens next week.

how did the CYL banner threw you off? we knew who was comeing as CYL unit

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

how did the CYL banner threw you off? we knew who was comeing as CYL unit

I meant as in several days ago before we knew the CYL banner was coming this month because back then I was expecting August's new heroes to be from a specific game that could hint what the legendary hero was for this month.

Edited by NSSKG151

1 hour ago, Simpsons138 said:

Calling it now, it will be either Rigain Celica or Queen Elincia

I'd suspect Celica too were it not for the fact that she's not only on the CYL banner, but also already has an alt in the regular summoning pool. That's a bridge they'll pass eventually, but not yet.

9 minutes ago, Simpsons138 said:

That didn’t stop them from Hector, but who knows

Legendary Hector and Valentine Hector were nearly 4 months apart from each other.

If the coming Legendary Hero banner is Celica, Brave Celica's and Legendary Celica's release banners would be running at the same time.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Legendary Hector and Valentine Hector were nearly 4 months apart from each other.

If the coming Legendary Hero banner is Celica, Brave Celica's and Legendary Celica's release banners would be running at the same time.

I was mostly talking about the gap between Legendary and Brave Hector, but we’ll learn the truth in the next week

Edited by Simpsons138

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So what if the next Legendary is actually Marth? That'd be cool.

I would like a Legendary Marth... HOWEVER, I don't want a sword unit.

We have Ike and Ryoma as sword users legendary heroes, and if we consider Hríd as a future Legendary Hero, we already have 3 sword heroes. August's Legendary Hero need to don't have a sword.