Go away Hector

eclipse

10 minutes ago, Johann said:

You're in Hawaii? I feel like you mentioned that before and I just forgot.

When was the last big storm you had and how bad was it?

Yep~!

Last big storm that hit and caused Actual Problems - Iniki, Kauai (1992)
Last notable storm - Isabel, Big Island (2015?)

Iniki caused all sorts of hell, including a long power outage.  Isabel caused some damage, but it was limited to a section of the Big Island.

Tropical storms are no fun (I'm definitely speaking from experience, as I live in a tropical country myself). Hope you guys stay safe.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Yep~!

Last big storm that hit and caused Actual Problems - Iniki, Kauai (1992)
Last notable storm - Isabel, Big Island (2015?)

Iniki caused all sorts of hell, including a long power outage.  Isabel caused some damage, but it was limited to a section of the Big Island.

Huh, those line up with the last big storms we had here of the same magnitude. .

Are you close to the water and do you have to deal with flooding/erosion? Along with wind damage (including trees), those are the biggest problems we face here, with buildings and structures that are too close to the water often collapsing into the ocean.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

Huh, those line up with the last big storms we had here of the same magnitude. .

Are you close to the water and do you have to deal with flooding/erosion? Along with wind damage (including trees), those are the biggest problems we face here, with buildings and structures that are too close to the water often collapsing into the ocean.

I suppose those closer to the coast would have to worry about flooding and all that.  I live relatively high up, so I'm not worried about flooding at all.  Wind damage is the bigger concern, since there's trees everywhere.

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

Me living in Florida, I know that pain of having storms and hurricane threatening you. Also Eclipse, how were you with the recent volcano eruptions in Hawaii? Doing well in the other side of the US?

Take THAT, double posting rules! :P:

Luckily, I'm on a different island!  The only time it's a problem is when the winds blow from the south (I don't do well with vog).  Losing stuff to a volcano is rough, so my best wishes to those that are affected by it!

@Shoblongoo

*anime nosebleeds*

Honestly I wish Hector was in trunks though...that speedo doesn't look as good as trunks would imo.

Real talk though, who's Kristy?

Edited by Dragoncat

I find it just a bit hypocritical for you warning people about making threads with titles that could be misleading/clickbait, and then you go and do the exact same thing (you could have at least given it a tag that says "weather" or "hurricane" or something).

Anyway, I hope that the hurricane misses you entirely.

11 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I find it just a bit hypocritical for you warning people about making threads with titles that could be misleading/clickbait, and then you go and do the exact same thing (you could have at least given it a tag that says "weather" or "hurricane" or something).

Anyway, I hope that the hurricane misses you entirely.

I find it puzzling that you come in here to complain.  You are free to go elsewhere if you have problems with the moderation team.

25 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Real talk though, who's Kristy?

The canonical nickname of the FE12 self-insert! :P:

Hopefully, no one.  Though I'll be a wee bit alarmed if there's a "Kristy" in Three Houses (I'm secretly hoping that the three non-Byleth character's names wind up being regional-themed names).

Ya psyched me with the title, eclipse, here I thought I'd get to see a good old rant from you, something I've yet to see in my time here on SF, and instead it's something about real life, the exact thing I come to this Forum to avoid?

In all seriousness, though, first, you live in Hawaii? Fricking awesome! Second, wish you and your fellow Hawaiiians Hawaians people from Hawaii luck with this, I haven't experienced a tropical storm living in dry old Utah, but from what I've seen in videos it doesn't look fun at all.

3 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Image result for summer hector fe

>>>>Mad he didn't make the summer Heroes banner
>>>>>>>>Invades Hawaii

He just wants to be included 

You shall not deny the bulge.  How does his speedo stay up?  It looks like it's slipping down.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Ya psyched me with the title, eclipse, here I thought I'd get to see a good old rant from you, something I've yet to see in my time here on SF, and instead it's something about real life, the exact thing I come to this Forum to avoid?

In all seriousness, though, first, you live in Hawaii? Fricking awesome! Second, wish you and your fellow Hawaiiians Hawaians people from Hawaii luck with this, I haven't experienced a tropical storm living in dry old Utah, but from what I've seen in videos it doesn't look fun at all.

Hector is always welcome in my barracks.  Why would I say no to Distant Counter? :P:

Most of the time, hurricanes/tropical storms break up, and all we get is rain and slightly higher winds than normal.  Tree branches on the road suck, though.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You shall not deny the bulge.  How does his speedo stay up?  It looks like it's slipping down.

You say that like it's a bad thing! :P:

Hawaii must be nice to live in, highly expensive due to having to import everything to this very remote indeed population center, with limited space (but the state is growing). But if one can afford the wondrous clime, or live a simpler life and thus have fewer extraneous financial wants.

4 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

>>>>Mad he didn't make the summer Heroes banner
>>>>>>>>Invades Hawaii

He just wants to be included 

Well he certainly looks manly! :wub: (Eliwood looks okay too, if suffering from eye issues. Modesty suits him.)

Which is probably why he won't do much damage to Hawaii. I heard typically (as in there are exceptions) hurricanes with female names do more damage than ones with male names. Thus Hector, bearer of the Thunder Crouch Armads, should be of little concern. Pray for your life if Lyn is ever feeling angry.

Also, FEH I've noticed has rules on what men can wear to the beach, it has to be swim trunks. They've yet to give any guy a speedo. This would be an issue were TMS ever to get Summer attire in FEH (of course IS has to acknowledge them first and give us their normal selves), because of Yashiro.

Spoiler

Image result for tokyo mirage sessions yashiro swimsuit

The other two guys are fine, and I doubt the girls would be problematic at all, but Yashiro's looks a bit too teeny, and bulgy.

His new weapon looking nice: Debris+

I'm a New Yorker unit so I don't how effective it is against us.

In all seriousness though I hope it doesn't cause a big havoc to anyone's life. Though inevitably we know how powerful these things can become and what they're capable of doing. Hopefully it wont be that potent for people. I speak from experience as we had Hurricane Sandy.

Edited by Ae†her

16 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

As a former New Yorker (or will I always be a New Yorker?), I am pretty sure it does not affect us. We ride the train.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which is probably why he won't do much damage to Hawaii. I heard typically (as in there are exceptions) hurricanes with female names do more damage than ones with male names. Thus Hector, bearer of the Thunder Crouch Armads, should be of little concern. Pray for your life if Lyn is ever feeling angry.

Hurricane Andrew is triggered. :P:

2 hours ago, Ae†her said:

In all seriousness though I hope it doesn't cause a big havoc to anyone's life. Though inevitably we know how powerful these things can become and what they're capable of doing. Hopefully it wont be that potent for people. I speak from experience as we had Hurricane Sandy.

The current forecast is that the very northernmost fringes of the hurricane may brush the very southernmost portion of the Big Island.  People should be safe for the most part, unless they go down to the south shore to surf or something.  This hurricane is a spring breeze compared to Sandy!

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I heard typically (as in there are exceptions) hurricanes with female names do more damage than ones with male names. Thus Hector, bearer of the Thunder Crouch Armads, should be of little concern. Pray for your life if Lyn is ever feeling angry.

I wonder if it's because women PMS and do damage. Apparently. I don't do damage when I PMS, I just cry at episodes of Spongebob. True story. I wish I was kidding.

3 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

flashbacks to Typhoon Yolanda in the Philippines.

I was still in San Diego when this happened. The Eastern Visayas islands were the hardest hit by that typhoon. I've seen a lot of the photos and video footage and it was bedlam out there.

Were you in Cebu during that time bud?

Edited by Karimlan

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

You shall not deny the bulge.  

15 con ;):

13 hours ago, Ae†her said:

His new weapon looking nice: Debris+

11 hours ago, eclipse said:

This hurricane is a spring breeze compared to Sandy!

Sandy was the only weather event in my lifetime I recall actually doing any real damage to NY/NJ. 

It wasn't a particularly nasty hurricane, IIRC, so much as we were just completely unprepared for it because they almost never come this far north before fizzling out, and our beach towns just weren't built to handle the kind of storms that routinely batter Florida and The Carolinas and our lovely little neighbors to the south.

Dunno about New York, but NJ actually changed some laws and updated its building codes after Sandy to make sure that if another one makes it this far up the coast we don't get caught with our pants down again.  

3 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

flashbacks to Typhoon Yolanda in the Philippines.

...and from what my in-laws tell me, Sandy was a light summer breeze compared to Typhoon Season in southeast Asia. You guys get some serious storms out there.

#respect

Edited by Shoblongoo