New summoning banner: Doorway to Destiny

Corrobin

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I agree that Tellius needs more characters. Geoffrey, Ranulf, Ashnard, and Sephiran, for example. None of them are on the level of significance of Quan.

Wolt and Lugh do not play significant roles in FE6. While we're talking siblings: Ethlyn is Sigurd's sister, and Quan, her husband, is Sigurd's brother-in-law.

The Fiana Braves, or the Fiana Freeblades as they're apparently called now, are the mercenary group Leif and Finn join up with at the beginning of FE5. They consist of Eyvel, Orsin, Halvan, Dagdar, Tanya, and Marty: the initial party alongside Leif and Finn.

Wolt and Lugh still have close connections to characters already in the game. It's the same reason Karla was added, because her husband and daughter were already in.

Then they sound important enough to me too.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wolt and Lugh still have close connections to characters already in the game. It's the same reason Karla was added, because her husband and daughter were already in.

Obviously Karla was added for her plot *wink wink*

17 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am with @Vaximillian, it's not a reasonable argument for a 5* unit. If we consider design or art a factor for rarity classification, Sword Reinhardt should be a 5*-4* unit, because it's the same outfit and artist as OG Reinhardt.

It doesn't go two ways. Certain designs only show up on 5* exclusives, but there are no designs that never show up on 5* exclusives.

Sword Reinhardt is 5* exclusive because he's an alt, and all summonable alts are 5* exclusive. An alt that they'd be willing to drop into the 4* pool is an alt they wouldn't bother making in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then they sound important enough to me too.

Lots of characters have close connections to characters already in the game. It'll be a long time before we get all the characters important enough to add, if we ever do.

But there are some more striking than others. The way I see it, within their respective games, Ethlyn is comparable to Mist and Quan is comparable to Hector. Those are really important kinds of characters to prioritize, you know?

I think I will go green or blue for my free pull and then skip since I don't need anyone on this banner.  Everyone looks good and I agree these are plot important characters who should be in Heroes.  Now that theses guys have been added I really hope the next regular banner is FE 6 with Elphin since IS seems to like adding dancers/singers right now.

Edit: the thing I really like about this banner is that it has zero alts which makes it a great banner.

Edited by EricaofRenais

44 minutes ago, Othin said:

I agree that Tellius needs more characters. Geoffrey, Ranulf, Ashnard, and Sephiran, for example. None of them are on the level of significance of Quan.

I have to disagree there. You mentioned not one but two main antagonists. Sephiran in particular is one of the most glaring omissions for the Heroes roster as a whole. He is the chessmaster for the Tellius games in their totality and one of the best antagonists in Fire Emblem. 

Edited by Etheus

It’s also nice that the Sigurd and Quan families are pretty much complete now, all we need is Altenna and pretty much the gang’s all here. 

My headcanon of all the FE4 characters living together like a cheezy 80s sitcom is pretty close to being a reality. 

19 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I have to disagree there. You mentioned not one but two main antagonists. Sephiran in particular is one of the most glaring omissions for the Heroes roster as a whole. He is the chessmaster for the Tellius games in their totality and one of the best antagonists in Fire Emblem. 

Sephiran is a big deal, but antagonists are secondary to main and secondary protagonists.

Quan was hands down the biggest omission from Heroes. With him being added now, I think Sephiran makes a plenty good case to be next in line for the title, but he wasn't bigger than Quan.

Edited by Othin

13 minutes ago, Etheus said:

To be fair, most of the main villains are missing:

1. Gharnef and Medeus

2. Duma and Rudolph

3. See 1.

4. Manfloy 

5. Veld and Rayderick 

6. Idunn and Jahn

7. Nergal and all the morphs

8. Is sort of filled. No actual demon king but Lyon kinda covers that.

9. Ashnard

10. Ashera and Sephiran. I suppose the senators can count too.

11. See 1.

12. See 3.

13. Validar and Gangrel

14. Garon, Anankos, and Iago (legit forgot their names for a minute.)

15. See 2.

Anyway, banner itself, I like the characters, but not really digging the art so not as jazzed as I thought I'd be. Super excited about Ethlyn, but a bit nervous on her art. None are bad, just something in the anesthetics doesn't appeal to me. Anyway, all look cool, but I'm not really itching for any. Would rather try for Roy on the VG banner.

1 hour ago, Karimlan said:

Damn, Lewyn. He'll be interesting to use, for sure. Quan's kit is formidable, and the only lemon I find here is another red dancer. But, we take what we can.

I will take all the Dancers/Singers I can get my hands on. There is never enough Dancers/Singers for me.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Sephiran is a big deal, but antagonists are secondary to main and secondary protagonists.

Quan was hands down the biggest omission from Heroes. With him being added now, I think Sephiran makes a plenty good case to be next in line for the title, but he wasn't bigger than Quan.

I would consider that debateable as well. Villains define the plot. Secondary protagonists typically do not. 

That said, we can both agree to be happy for Cuan. I'm personally more happy for Lewyn, who I consider to be an even more important character and greater addition, but I am similarly excited for Cuan and will be rolling for both.

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Nice units, but nothing I'd need. Perhaps I can keep my orbs together until the next Legendary banner. 

Exactly how I feel. After all, these units will be on a Legendary banner eventually anyway, so I have a decent shot of getting them down the line.

43 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I would consider that debateable as well. Villains define the plot. Secondary protagonists typically do not. 

That said, we can both agree to be happy for Cuan. I'm personally more happy for Lewyn, who I consider to be an even more important character and greater addition, but I am similarly excited for Cuan and will be rolling for both.

Defining the plot isn't the only factor. My impression is that Heroes is primarily about getting to pick from the protagonists from throughout FE, with the villains being secondary. To reuse my earlier comparison, FE4 without Quan is like FE7 without Hector, it's just silly.

Lewyn is definitely the star of this banner. He's not the FE4 mage I wanted but he's still one of the games most recognizable figures,  highly popular, great unit and relevant to the story. And who doesn't like the Forseti?  I'll definitely be spending my orbs on him. 

Cuan is....eh. I never thought poorly of the guy but I was never invested enough in his character to think positively of him either. I know he's objectively one of the better choices the devs could have made. Lots of people wanted him, he's the father of a lord and aside from Sigurd and Lewyn he's the most important gen 1 character. He's just not someone I'm interested in. 

If Lewyn is the star of this banner then Silvia definitely is its weak spot. Why is she here exactly? She's like Ayra and Larcei where mother and daughter are so similar that having both them just lets one spot get wasted. We already had a perky green haired dancer girl that's in love with a runaway royal, was another one really so vital to the Heroes roster? I guess she got boobs but there were still other Geneology girls available. Edain would have gone perfectly with Jamke, Fury/Erinys could have been paired with Lewyn and Bridget could have given us a third holy weapon. But instead of those we got another dancer who's spot was already taken when her daughter joined months ago. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Defining the plot isn't the only factor. My impression is that Heroes is primarily about getting to pick from the protagonists from throughout FE, with the villains being secondary. To reuse my earlier comparison, FE4 without Quan is like FE7 without Hector, it's just silly.

Does that comparison really hold true when Hector gets his own entire playable path? I suppose it might the closest applicable comparison, but I would think of it more like being Radiant Dawn without Sothe. 

12 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

We already had a perky green haired dancer girl that's in love with a runaway royal, was another one really so vital to the Heroes roster?

We can never have too many Dancers/Singers, especially perky ones.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

Does that comparison really hold true when Hector gets his own entire playable path? I suppose it might the closest applicable comparison, but I would think of it more like being Radiant Dawn without Sothe. 

Sothe works too. Maybe somewhere between Hector and Sothe would be most accurate?

Part of my reasoning for picking Hector in particular is that he's the main character's best friend, another prince with a legendary weapon and a kid who ends up second to the main character's kid in importance in the second gen. Of course, Quan doesn't have Hector's popularity.

In any case, I'd still consider Sothe a bigger deal to leave out than any villain.

4 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

bow dancer when

Hopefully a flying one too! Maybe Nils can use his harp as a bow or something.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

Maybe Tethys? She didn't have a weapon associated with her, but I do picture her as more of a dagger or tome wielder.

She can use dark magic with a glitch, so I am hoping they reference that by making her a red mage, although giving her a bow is fine too.

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

There is only one more dancer who MUST get added. 

A belly dancer alt for Oliver. 

I like his perky belly. His belly button would look so delicious.

7 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Ouch, only if armored dancer.

And ideally with Armored Boots on his Weapon.

- - - - - - -

Will they add substitute children? Silvia and Lene are nice, but Laylea is quite perky too.

Are there substitute children who are actually better than the originals?