September's Legendary Hero - Tiki: Legendary Dragon

Fire Emblem Fan

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Except this time, no one seems to care.

I don't mind 5 alts at this point. I happened to randomly pull L!Lucina in a few orbs and had fun using her despite bad IV with +res and -atk. I ended up liking the L!Lucina trailer just because of how much fun I had using her in spite of me not having played Awakening. 

Hopefully, Tiki is a fun unit to use as well. 

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder given that this is Tiki #5 this would result in the same outcry that Lyn and Lucina got. Likely not because unlike the other two, Tiki is relatively inoffensive and cute so it’ll be glanced over.

I’ll likely just go first circle and bail, for as much as I like Tiki as a unit I really don’t want Micaiah or Catria to ruin my day. I’ll wait for a reappearance down the line.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Except this time, no one seems to care.

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I wonder given that this is Tiki #5 this would result in the same outcry that Lyn and Lucina got. Likely not because unlike the other two, Tiki is relatively inoffensive and cute so it’ll be glanced over.

Like with Robin, not everyone considers both Tikis to be same enough to count as the same character.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Now to actually comment about things.

Tiki: Lazy as fuck dragon sprite, but fine, whatever. I'll live with it, but I hope they eventually make a better one. Her skills are good, and being armored is sweet.

But why blue. Nothing has made sense since the Kanas. Everything was wonderful before that.

Red: Fuck you. I need more copies of Karla and only Karla. Tharja is okay, but I already have her +10, so it would only be for a better merge base.
Blue: Obviously pulling. Micaiah and Catria are both only okay in priority, but at least that's all three characters that are "okay" or higher.
Green: Fuck you. I need more copies of Hector and only Hector. Sharena would be okay, but she's not very high on my priorities.
Colorless: Safe pass. Jaffar and Maribelle will be back eventually.

I guess I'm pulling for like 2 copies of Hector and maybe some Karla before dropping everything and going full blue. Ugh.

There's really no rhyme or reason towards how the dragons are colored. Might as well just accept it that way.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Like with Robin, not everyone considers both Tikis to be same enough to count as the same character.

They're also listed in two completely separate places in the Heroes catalog. Young Tiki is of course with Mystery/New Mystery characters and Adult Tiki is with Awakening. That's enough in my book to classify them as separate characters in regards to number of alternates.

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

I don't get this argument. Does anyone consider V! Ike to not be an Ike alt because OG Ike is from PoR? 

I don’t.

Anyway, I’ll be focusing green. Ike for obvious reasons, Hector for obvious reasons, and Sharena would be the dud but a cute dud.

I'd really like to pull for Green for Sharena and Ike but I'm trying hard as hell to save for Halloween, I don't even know if I'm going to pull that actively from Blue

Red would be fine but I don't really want Karla cockblocking me

Colorless only has Grima, as usual~

A bit underwhelmed. Tiki's a strong unit, no doubt, but I don't like switching up seals so she's less versatile for me as an armour-team anchor than CYL Hector who can do both phases with his base kit. That, and I don't like her art. Then again, they might give her enough speed to double naturally, but eh. She can run in the dragon team as well, but Grima is already Earth, and my Nowi is heavily merged, so it's difficult to find space for her there too.

As for the other units:

- Red is awful. Three infantry, none of which really do anything unique for me.

- Blue is okay. Despite my reservations above, she's still the star of the show, and Micaiah has a decent niche for AA so I wouldn't mind a copy. I have a good Catria already, and while she'd make an excellent blade mage, I'm hardly going to pull 10 copies of her to surpass my Cecilia as my A-team mage. (That, and Reinhardt exists)

- Green is okay. LeHector is a desirable base for a mixed team, and Bike is always good fodder (I've pulled just one ever and I barely use him, so any further copies are dragon food). Sharena is whatever since Nino exists.

- Grey is mediocre. I have Grima at +2 and I wouldn't say no to further merges. Maribelle would simply be second-choice horse healer. Jaffar is a waste of space.

I'll probably just go blue+green until I get a couple of units then call it quits. Need two Nowis and a Nino anyway to complete my merge projects.

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Who are you and what have you done with the real Vaximillian? 

Uh? I’ve been always maintaining that separate spots on CYL poll (with exception of split Archanean, Jugdrali, and Tellian characters not named Ike who’d undergone drastic redesign between games) don’t count as alts. Martha isn’t an alt of Lucina because Masked Marth was a thing on the CYL line-up. Grima isn’t an alt of Robin because Grima was a thing on the CYL line-up. RD Ike isn’t an alt of PoR Ike because they are distinct enough and they were a thing on the CYL line-up.

And if you are referring to my reluctant acceptance of Sharena, it’s just that, reluctant acceptance because I love Sharena to bits.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Uh? I’ve been always maintaining that separate spots on CYL poll (with exception of split Archanean, Jugdrali, and Tellian characters not named Ike who’d undergone drastic redesign between games) don’t count as alts. Martha isn’t an alt of Lucina because Masked Marth was a thing on the CYL line-up. Grima isn’t an alt of Robin because Grima was a thing on the CYL line-up. RD Ike isn’t an alt of PoR Ike because they are distinct enough and they were a thing on the CYL line-up.

I think he meant you calling Sharena a dud~

Ouch, was really hoping Takumi would be one of the colorless picks.  Jaffar is completely useless to me. 

Poor Hardin.  First he gets outclassed by B!Hector, now probably L!Tiki.  Him getting beaten up in the last two Legendary banner trailers is insult to injury lol

Oh joy, more chances to not get BH Ike and a Hector when they're on the same banner. Also, whoever cut the clips for the English version of the trailer screwed up with F!Grima and Karla. You can hear a little "um", probably a fragment of their special quote, when they show up.

4 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

There's really no rhyme or reason towards how the dragons are colored. Might as well just accept it that way.

There was before the Kanas appeared. Everything went to shit when they arrived.

"Rhyme or reason" means that you can make reliable predictions about future events, and every dragon before the Kanas had a predictable color.

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I don't get this argument. Does anyone consider V! Ike to not be an Ike alt because OG Ike is from PoR? 

It's basically how a person interprets the meaning of "character" and is somewhat subjective. Most people will agree that FE9 Ike and FE10 Ike are the same character, but large differences in time between two instances of a character or a player-selectable sex are different enough that some players will consider them different.

I'm not going to ask you to agree with this argument, but at least be aware that the mentality does exist and is certainly not uncommon.

1 minute ago, Liliesgrace said:

They're also listed in two completely separate places in the Heroes catalog. Young Tiki is of course with Mystery/New Mystery characters and Adult Tiki is with Awakening. That's enough in my book to classify them as separate characters in regards to number of alternates.

That's not always a good enough reason, though. The Tikis and Ikes are clearly separated from each other by game, and that is enough of a reason to override all other factors. The Robins, on the other hand, are from the same game, but are still separated from each other, and that is actually significant.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And if you are referring to my reluctant acceptance of Sharena, it’s just that, reluctant acceptance because I love Sharena to bits.

Probably that, and you actively wanting Ike and Hector. Though I wouldn’t be incorrect in assuming you want those guys only for pragmatic reasons, right?

6 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I think he meant you calling Sharena a dud~

Ah. My strong distaste for the seasonals is still a thing that exists. I wouldn’t lament it too much if I do get Sharena but she won’t be my goal and I won’t use her.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Probably that, and you actively wanting Ike and Hector. Though I wouldn’t be incorrect in assuming you want those guys only for pragmatic reasons, right?

The most pragmatic reasons of them all. Can never go wrong with Steady Breath and Vengeful Fighter fodder.

Big disappointment for me. I have everyone already except the colorless units, L!Tiki and L!Hector. 

Red: Why not BH!Roy? Having all three, easy skip.

Blue: I don't like armors and have the rest. Skip.

Green: Want L!Hector (for Ostias pulse) but have the other two. Won't pull much green. 

Colorless: Want Grima, but not Jaffar. 

Overall I just hope I'll get Grima fast to save some of my orbs for a better legendary banner. 

15 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Jaffar is completely useless to me.

If you summon any, please send them my way. I'm 9 more Jaffars before I have a +10 Jaffar. :p

I hope he gets demoted when they do a mass demotion. He and Sothe both offer L&D3 as 4* if Jaffar were 4* summonable according to Gamepedia, but combat-wise and even support-wise, Sothe trumps Jaffar and if you really want an after combat damage unit, then you can just build Azama or Lucius for way cheaper since you don't need to spend dew to make Pain+ even more dumb. Or better yet, inherit Pain+ on a cavalry healer for more movement range or someone with higher offenses than Lucius.

Now that I think about it, Jaffar's one of the worst regularly summonable colorless units they could have put on a legendary hero banner. Innes, kinshi Hinoka, BH Lyn, and regular Takumi would all have been better.

Well, here's hoping for a miraculous +Atk, -Res Karla for some stupid Pavise, Shield Pulse shenanigans and me crying about Karla being 5*, so she'd be harder to get merges for compared to doing the same build with Raven.

Edited by Kaden

Stats!

The first round of combat is fought against the red dragon in Story 2-12-3 Lunatic, who has 45/44/31/30/29, but might be under the effects of the blue knight's Drive Res 2 or Helbindi's Byleistr.

Tiki deals 61 damage and takes 2. No idea about relative Spd stats because Tiki has Bold Fighter and the red dragon has Quick Riposte.

Moonbow deals 8 additional damage, so the red dragon has between 27 and 29 Res, which means she isn't buffed.

This means Tiki has 50 Atk with her weapon equipped and 34 Res (unknown if With Everyone! is active). 45 HP is plainly visible.

The second round of combat is fought against Hardin in Story 2-5-4 Hard, who has 38/39/21/30/25, but might be under the effects of Spur Res 2 from the sword knight.

Tiki deals 22 damage and takes 0. Tiki needs to be faster than 16 Spd to avoid being doubled by Hardin, which means... pretty much nothing.

Moonbow deals 8 additional damage, so Hardin has between 27 and 29 Res, meaning Spur Res 2 from the sword knight is active, giving him 28 Res.

This means Tiki has 50 Atk with her weapon equipped and a minimum of 39 Def (unknown if With Everyone! is active). 45 HP is again plainly visible.

This puts her stats at

• 45 HP
  • 34 Atk or 50 Atk with her weapon
  • at least 17 Spd
  • at least 34 Def if With Everyone! was active, at least 39 Def if not
  • 29 Res if With Everyone! was active, 34 Res if not
Edited by Ice Dragon
I can't do math this late at night.

50 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Red: Bride Tharja, Karla, and Legendary Ike

Blue: Micaiah and Spring Catria

Green: Spring Sharena, Brave Ike, and Legendary Hector

Colorless: Jaffar, Maribelle, and Legendary Robin

Hoo boy, luckily I have most of these units except Spring Sharena and Maribelle. Not on the top of my list you 2 either. Red and blue are solid choices for everyone, but L!Hector is also nice. I might go for green, Brave Ike has a skill I want to fodder, and it's rare to find.

Tiki didn't make me excited when I saw the trailer. Anti-dragon distant counter adaptive breath is an interesting choice, I like it, but what kind of play you want from us? You don't need distant counter against dragons. I like the introduction of a new breath skill to the A slot, with a future Darting Breath we would go full circle. With Everyone! looks good to make armors more durable, but it's not better than Armored March for me. Since she comes with Bold Fighter, speed might be a bane, which means she hardly doubles anyone on defensive phase - bummer with Fierce Breath and Moonbow combo. She looks like a strong defensive unit with enough aggression that could be another nail in the coffin for Dragon Emblem, even if they are not dead. Talk about Dragon Emblem, they could go for Earth blessings by now.

Red > Green > Blue > Colorless what I'd suggest. You can't go wrong with these red units, L!Hector is awesome and Brave Ike is nice. Micaiah is top from blue, although I used Spring Catria a lot, she's benched currently. Colorless: whatever floats your boat, we've got better ones.

Edited by Garlyle