Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Anacybele said:

When I asked how to get more than 100 lift per battle, I was told I needed two Eirs.

Yes, that was indeed part of what was told to you. Besides all the advice that has been given in this thread there of course also has been the tutorial that you are forced through when starting aether raids. When we were offering advice we assumed at least the most basic understanding of the game mechanics and a functioning grasp of how blessings work. This was information that was featured in Feh channels, Aether raids itself, and here. 

One Eir is needed to raise your lift, to a max of 140. Two Eirs can raise that to 160. A team of 3 Eirs offers no additional lift, however, merging your Eirs will grant additional lift. For every 1 Eir merge you gain an extra point of lift. So Two Eirs on a team, one at +0 and 1 at +1, will grant 161 lift if all other units on the team are light blessed. Every merge after that adds an extra point. So you can reach 180 lift with two fully merged Eirs. 

When we get the Astra Mythic hero the same principle will apply, except with Astra blessings. for defence, the construct is the same, but the point calculation is different. Since Def lift gives less reduction than Offence raises, it is best to focus on offence.

So, I've started to invest some time and resources into AR finally, and I'm in a state of catch-up because I neglected AR for the first several months due to FEH burnout induced hiatus. 

I'm currently in T13, looking to push to T20+. I'm a day 1 competitive player with several units at my disposal, and I'm trying to find where to invest and what teams to work toward. I'm not particularly familiar with the AR meta, but I'm beginning to get a grasp on the common units, such as Surtr, L!Azura, L!Lucina, Ophelia and similar mage nukes, Aversa, horse ball/flier ball and dazzle healers.  

Currently the units I use most on offense are Deirdre, L!Azura, Eir, B!Veronica, Ophelia,  festival Micaiah and my +10 Gaius. It's usually some combination of these plus or minus a bonus unit. That said, I'm trying to figure out what units to invest in and try to merge up to be consistent in the meta. I had been working on Black Knight merges for my arena core, but I am now going to start Aversa merges since my BK is at +7 now. The only other heavily merged units are my favorites such as Gaius, Eirika, Titania and Effie all at +10(this was basically my multi-content A-team). I have 120k+ feathers saved for new merge projects, so I ask: what are some 3-4 star available units worth investing in? 

My defense comp is nukes + dancers with a Surtr anchor on Abandoned Castle. My Strat is to force a narrow approach into the mages and if the opponent survives they must approach an offset Surtr. This defense is doing okay at best and I'm also interested in defensive strategies/setups. Any tips on strategies or meta unit builds would be appreciated! 

Edited by Viviphy

Started the day off with more Successes than I've ever had, and more matches in general for some reason. Maybe cuz it's Dark Season and everyone's trying to push to T21~

1 hour ago, Viviphy said:

Any tips on strategies or meta unit builds would be appreciated! 

Really good thread for Offensive strats and teambuilding here~

1 hour ago, Viviphy said:

I have 120k+ feathers saved for new merge projects, so I ask: what are some 3-4 star available units worth investing in? 

Cordelia is a great Galeforce unit. I highly recommend building her and practice using her. Raven might be okay too, but I have not built and tried him yet.

I recommend building Olivia/Silvia and Reyson. I do not think you need both Olivia and Silvia since they share the same color-weapon-movement class unless you really like Dancers/Singers, so I would just pick one of them.

Sharena is a good team carrier/super tank since Fensalir shuts down buffs and is a frequent bonus unit. Her major downside is that she does not have access to merges so she is not really as usable when she is not a bonus unit. She does require Distant Counter to work well though. I do not think Null C-Disrupt is necessary as I have not found Firesweep archers nor Pain healers to be too threatening, so I would stick with something cheaper like Guard, which I found to be pretty useful in disabling Specials.

HS!Camilla is also a good team carrier and super tank, but she is super expensive in terms of Grails.

M!Corrin is the cheapest and most reliable buffer. You will need him to provide buffs for your team carrier/super tank. Other than M!Corrin, Kaden is the only other buffer I would recommend, but he is 5* exclusive.

Ares and Blade mages are great for Counter-Vantage, but they do need Distant Counter or Close Counter to work well, so it is not cheap.

If you need a cheap colorless nuke, Klein is pretty decent.

@Anacybele Looking at your Def map (yay mock battles), you might wanna consider putting in some more Earth or Water Legendaries this week, or slapping Dark Blessings onto some units. With your Yune, you can reduce your Lift loss from Defense failures by 20, whereas right now you're only reducing it by 5 (with Yune + Azura).

23 minutes ago, Johann said:

@Anacybele Looking at your Def map (yay mock battles), you might wanna consider putting in some more Earth or Water Legendaries this week, or slapping Dark Blessings onto some units. With your Yune, you can reduce your Lift loss from Defense failures by 20, whereas right now you're only reducing it by 5 (with Yune + Azura).

That's a good idea, but many of the units I use a lot have different blessings already. I'd hate to get rid of them. I see where people are coming from now when they wish you could give a unit two different blessings.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's a good idea, but many of the units I use a lot have different blessings already. I'd hate to get rid of them. I see where people are coming from now when they wish you could give a unit two different blessings.

You can’t change the blessings that legendary units have so that does not hold up for the first part of the advice that was given to you. Slapping Ike on your defence which i Know you have is an immediate extra 5 lift loss reduction.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, you have Legendary Ike and I'm guessing Fjorm still, putting those two in is another 10 Lift saved, even if they were level 1 with no skills. It's tough trying to figure out those blessings, though I suppose if you're not using them at all, could always toss them onto literally any unit (like not even built or 5 star) just to give yourself a constant 20 Lift saved. Seen a few Def maps where people field totally unarmed teams with active blessings just so they don't have to even think about it (@Tree, you're a saint)

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

You can’t change the blessings that legendary units have so that does not hold up for the first part of the advice that was given to you. Slapping Ike on your defence which i Know you have is an immediate extra 5 lift loss reduction.

Duh, obviously I wasn't talking about that part of the advice. I was talking about where you said to give some people Dark blessings.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Duh, obviously I wasn't talking about that part of the advice. I was talking about where you said to give some people Dark blessings.

Yes and I highlighted an aforementioned solution to that problem by completely circumventing the issue of having to give units new blessings that you seemed to have ignored.

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

Yes and I highlighted an aforementioned solution to that problem by completely circumventing the issue of having to give units new blessings that you seemed to have ignored.

I already said using other legendaries was a good idea. That "good idea" comment was aimed at that too as well as giving more blessings.

(sigh). i had to remove Myrrh from Wind (basically now killing my Wind team for anything, she was my heavy lifter). to bless her with Light.

I swear in the name of heaven if I don't make tier 21. this season, imma gonna lose it. i just. want to be good in one mode, please. 

I was given bad advice. Just raising the lift I can get per battle with Eir and stuff doesn't work because it's horrible team composition and I just lose most of my matches. I'm not sure what I can do to fix that though, I've given other blessings to all my other good units.

I have to reach tier 19 to be able to add a sixth unit to my offensive team, but that still looks to be impossible.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I was given bad advice. Just raising the lift I can get per battle with Eir and stuff doesn't work because it's horrible team composition and I just lose most of my matches. I'm not sure what I can do to fix that though, I've given other blessings to all my other good units.

I have to reach tier 19 to be able to add a sixth unit to my offensive team, but that still looks to be impossible.

You were not given bad advice, you were told exactly what you asked. It isn't our fault if you haven't restructured your team to fit the addition of Eir and the Defensive threats you're facing in your matches~

If you need help with Offensive teambuilding, there are many useful ones suggested in the Official Thread and by XRay above

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

(sigh). i had to remove Myrrh from Wind (basically now killing my Wind team for anything, she was my heavy lifter). to bless her with Light.

I swear in the name of heaven if I don't make tier 21. this season, imma gonna lose it. i just. want to be good in one mode, please. 

I ended up blessing Micaiah with light and removed her previous water blessing. But CC vantage with brazen atk/res sacred seal is very useful so I don't regret it. 

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

I ended up blessing Micaiah with light and removed her previous water blessing. But CC vantage with brazen atk/res sacred seal is very useful so I don't regret it. 

Regular Micaiah? (I still don't have her, sad panda, I am). 
For me - i just don't... have anything. I don't have a full Wind/Fire/Earth team. i guess i can just figure out how to clear Wind without her, and now that the gardens are dead it's not that big of a deal. I also married Eir to her to get more res and hp. 

while i am in Orb Saving mode if there was a Myrrh banner (or like free Myrrh pulls, i'm game)  - it is on. 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I already said using other legendaries was a good idea. That "good idea" comment was aimed at that too as well as giving more blessings.

Grammatically that wasn’t possible to deduce from your post. You never specified that you were only disregarding one part of his post. 

54 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Laying blame at someone else’s feet when failing yourself isn’t helping anyone. All the advice you were given is sound advice. All players use at least one Eir to raise lift and all players aiming for the top of the ladder use at least two eirs, most of them heavily merged. The fact that you aren’t climbing is not the fault of the way you are  advised to be playing. It is the game developers intended way to play, it is the correct way to play, and it is up to the players to climb with their own resources and understanding of the game.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

then you might have to consider moving your blessings to your best units - if you want to continue to climb. I had to do that today - I changed Myrrh's blessing from wind to Light because she's my best tank. (who isn't an armour). as Blessed gardens is now dead, you can change things around. 

I do have to echo though -you weren't given bad advice, you were advised to what you asked.
you need several teams. - but Eir is always going to be the one anchoring Light season (just like Astra hero will be the one anchoring astra Season).

37 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

then you might have to consider moving your blessings to your best units - if you want to continue to climb. I had to do that today - I changed Myrrh's blessing from wind to Light because she's my best tank. (who isn't an armour). as Blessed gardens is now dead, you can change things around. 

I do have to echo though -you weren't given bad advice, you were advised to what you asked.
you need several teams. - but Eir is always going to be the one anchoring Light season (just like Astra hero will be the one anchoring astra Season).

The other blessings still have effects in arena and all though, not just Blessed Gardens. So I'm not sure I want to change some. Still, I'll have to figure out something.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The other blessings still have effects in arena and all though, not just Blessed Gardens. So I'm not sure I want to change some. Still, I'll have to figure out something.

the blessings work in Arena/AA. 
ie: it's light season now so light blessed units count for score (as far as i was told). 

honestly, i get the hesitation but if you want to do well, you might have to sacrifice. (OR use resources and create a team specifically for AR). 

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

In the team building thread, I talk a lot about what kinds of characters can work for some of the better strategies, might be worth checking out if you want some ideas. For what it's worth, pretty much everyone agrees that the AR blessing system is dumb, so you're not alone there. Aside from the Legendaries, none of my Light Season units are characters I'm super crazy about, but they work and I didn't have to invest anything crazy beyond some 4* fodders and the Light Blessings.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

ie: it's light season now so light blessed units count for score (as far as i was told). 

honestly, i get the hesitation but if you want to do well, you might have to sacrifice. (OR use resources and create a team specifically for AR). 

Yeah, I suppose I will have to...

1 hour ago, Johann said:

In the team building thread, I talk a lot about what kinds of characters can work for some of the better strategies, might be worth checking out if you want some ideas. For what it's worth, pretty much everyone agrees that the AR blessing system is dumb, so you're not alone there. Aside from the Legendaries, none of my Light Season units are characters I'm super crazy about, but they work and I didn't have to invest anything crazy beyond some 4* fodders and the Light Blessings.

Yeah, I've been looking at that thread every now and then. And yes, it is kind of dumb.

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I am rocking this week Sharena (Bonus unit), double Eirs, L!Azura and Marth (refine). Sharena as a suppertank with Distant Counter and her weapon refined (her weapon has dull range/close in one + def/spd bond) and Res/SPD bond is fantastic o.o. And I am not even running a lvl 5 fortress. Tough anyone with that kind of support can super tank.