Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

14 minutes ago, Usana said:

I really do need to get a galeforce team up. Sadly my Brave Roy is -ATK and I have never pulled another, so he is a bit iffy. I do have L!Ephraim and L!Eirika built up though. I actually used the two of them on a defense team for a while(which is why L!Eirika is galeforce built). People seemed to have some issues with both of them Galeforcing. Problem was that it wasn't hard to bait them out with a super tank. They just don't have enough attack(that is so sad since Ephraim is probably my highest attack unit) and the AI can't use them right. Still they were pretty good and managing to pick 1 unit off for a while there. Once I got higher up tier wise though folks stopped falling for it so I just switched to my current armor set up. My armors often brute force at least a single kill. And that is my goal.

Perhaps invest a bit in some non 5* exclusive galeforce units. If you have extra Cordelias, there are quite a lot of amazing 3-4* units that work well with galeforce. Many of my +10s were made just to use as galeforcers. I've noticed a lot of people saying it's a waste to invest in galeforce units, but not only are they my main units in AR, they also help with abyssal battles and such. In fact, I hardly ever do abyssal battles without galeforce units these days. You also don't have to invest much in some units to get good use out of them. I tossed galeforce on my Anna and she does quite well in AR as a wings of mercy galeforcer on her bonus weeks.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm barely managing to stay in tier 20, but at least I am! I won both battles today and already had a defense loss for the day too. 9,470 lift.

Locked out of Top 3 K because i misplayed and set up a miracle bruno. That left me with 45 lift so i couldn’t do my last match. Probably could have reached easy top 1.5 k or so but it was my own fault. Bringing Nailah over to deal with cav lines has helped tremendously at least. Last week i almost demoted to T20. Freaking alfonse

6 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Locked out of Top 3 K because i misplayed and set up a miracle bruno. That left me with 45 lift so i couldn’t do my last match. Probably could have reached easy top 1.5 k or so but it was my own fault. Bringing Nailah over to deal with cav lines has helped tremendously at least. Last week i almost demoted to T20. Freaking alfonse

Blew it as well in my first match~ Got stalled out by a Surtr of all things because I stupidly let L!Eliwood die when I could have prevented it and we just couldn't kill him with his damn debuffs~

2nd match was a perfect and last I lost one unit, but it was a Lv4 with no Bonus Structure so I was able to finish with no other casualties fairly easily~

Gonna be reaaaally close (or maybe I'm giving myself too much credit and it won't be close at all) for Top 3K for me.

And I was able to maintain~

BmnO3nd.png

Now that that's out of the way, I have no pressure to try for that weekly~ Once is fine enough with me~

Edited by Landmaster

I completely choked on the last day and slipped out of the top 6k, maybe even with a remote shot at 3k. W- well I don't like that throne to be numbered anyway!

Jamke bonus next week is going to be... luscious. Linus this week (+3) was lucky enough, but I have Jamke at +8. Funnily enough, I think the grails from the next fortnight will be enough to get him to +9, and then it's just a wait for another revival.

On 7/21/2019 at 10:42 AM, Usana said:

I really do need to get a galeforce team up. Sadly my Brave Roy is -ATK and I have never pulled another, so he is a bit iffy. I do have L!Ephraim and L!Eirika built up though. I actually used the two of them on a defense team for a while(which is why L!Eirika is galeforce built). People seemed to have some issues with both of them Galeforcing. Problem was that it wasn't hard to bait them out with a super tank. They just don't have enough attack(that is so sad since Ephraim is probably my highest attack unit) and the AI can't use them right. Still they were pretty good and managing to pick 1 unit off for a while there. Once I got higher up tier wise though folks stopped falling for it so I just switched to my current armor set up. My armors often brute force at least a single kill. And that is my goal.

Peri isn't a bad choice with her refine, that's what I'm using  for Galeforce.

I don't have a bonus unit this week~ Guess I'll try to use Yune~ Haven't used her on Offense in a while so this could be fun using her with L!Eliwood~

On 7/18/2019 at 7:45 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

Wow! I am surprised with my defensive team! I got 5 success already! 1 on Tuesday, 1 on Wednesday, and 3 today! No lift loss... yet! Also, Legendary Lucina is so great! Here's some examples of her awesomeness!

L!Lucy is great, IDK why people bother running all those damn Fliers in AR~ RIP, that Micaiah guy really overestimated her~

Yes, I'm late but I got some Successes today so I decided to backtrack~ 559906136443191336.png.a519c5c671e2eb8c789c488a776689c3.png 

I haven't had a successful defense in like...forever. They have happened for me though. Just not in quite some time. It's that much harder to get them in the higher tiers, I guess. Plus I still need to upgrade my poor lv. 3 Fortress D. >_<

Yeah, if your defence fortress is behind the curve you're going to be pulverised by everything. I mean, that's like, a +8 to every stat on every enemy. Still, offensive fortress is more important, since that makes the actual gameplay section more fun.

I was dumb (well, dumber) when I started doing this malarkey and used the auto-improve feature which did useless things like upgrade my Aether jugs instead of saving up for fortress upgrades. My offense fortress is still only level 3, and my defense one is level 2, while being at tier 18. I also still only have four defenders, and they were arbitrarily selected by the game. Needless to say, my defense win rate is 0%. That's fine, I think I'll work towards getting my offensive fort to level 5 before I do literally anything with my defense setup.

33 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I was dumb (well, dumber) when I started doing this malarkey and used the auto-improve feature which did useless things like upgrade my Aether jugs instead of saving up for fortress upgrades.

Upgrading Aether Fountain and Aether Amphorae is fine, since it gives you more Aether to fight.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Upgrading Aether Fountain and Aether Amphorae is fine, since it gives you more Aether to fight.

Last thing I want to do is fight these battles more often. 😛

17 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Last thing I want to do is fight these battles more often. 😛

Ah I just remembered. Yeah, you might want just stick with Fortress (O) and Fortress (D) then.

3 more Successes~ This new Def team is working wonders which is great since my Offense is total ass this week~ Without a Bonus unit, I'm only able to get like 110 Lift at max and I generally lose one unit per match~ Did get 2 Perfects today after using a ladder, though~

I had to use a ladder today, but I got over 10,000 lift! New record for me. ^^ I don't think I have to worry about dropping a tier this time. XD

Edited by Anacybele

10 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It's always the defense match where you lose max lift that counts.

81RTsjC.png

Tell me about it... Last week I was almost perfectly sniped, I had only 5 out of 14 matches be losses at all, but those matches were the only ones to count so I got the lowest defense reward despite not actually having that bad of a week results wise. The worst part was that one of the losses happened literally one minute before the successful defense that followed it.

20 hours ago, Zelgius said:

I enjoy using Yune on offense, even with the dip in lift. She's alot of fun, as well in other game modes.

Right?

That's why I always say that she should be a offensive Mythic Hero instead of a Defensive one. In the player's hands, she is a great unit and very fun to use.

Because it's Fire and Water season I decided it was a good opportunity to give Galeforce to these two.

xlSEfFjl.png urTOVoFl.png

The sets are pretty much just based on Galeforce units that I've seen used against me, so they might not be entirely optimal. Their team mates have been two Eir and Legendary Azura. Might be a bit pointless to think too much about how well this team functions considering Ephraim and Eirika will rarely be usable together like this (without sacrificing score), but I'm happy to have made some Galeforce units anyways.

I think I might need some pointers on how to use Galeforce teams effectively though, because I haven't had too much success with this one so far. I think some of it is due to me picking it at times where I probably shouldn't have, and other times I've just not been planning well enough. A problem I often have is that my Galeforcers just aren't able to survive multiple combats, so they aren't able to use the extra turn they got from Galeforce for anything helpful. I also got caught off guard by Eir's Sparkling Boost bringing me out of Wings of Mercy range a few times, probably because I'm not used to thinking about it. Is it maybe a good idea to only use one Eir on this team? I find Sparkling Boost's healing very useful on my non-Galeforce teams so I wouldn't want to unequip it if possible. Do people usually use more than two Galeforce units, and is there a typical plan of action that is followed?

9 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

I also got caught off guard by Eir's Sparkling Boost bringing me out of Wings of Mercy range a few times, probably because I'm not used to thinking about it. Is it maybe a good idea to only use one Eir on this team? I find Sparkling Boost's healing very useful on my non-Galeforce teams so I wouldn't want to unequip it if possible. Do people usually use more than two Galeforce units, and is there a typical plan of action that is followed?

Some people I know who use vantage/galeforce units have a separate Eir(s) for that team, Eirs who drop their prf C for something useful like a tactics buff.
At least one Eir can become a spectrum +6 buffer with the appropriate Link B skill and 2 Tactics skills in the C and Seal slot, and is usually used to smite the galeforce unit up onto a trap to initiate your attack.

I actually got a successful defense! How about that? The player lost because they ran out of turns, but still. XD

I'd made a few adjustments earlier this week, so maybe that helped!

Edited by Anacybele