Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

41 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Hopefully it's not too late to press Nintendo for Gamecube and Wii rereleases. So many gems on those systems continue to be rarities for collectors to get, hell I remember seeing Radiant Dawn in a Gamestop for 60 or 70 USD used, more than even an XB1, PS4, or Switch game new.

If Earthbound can get the rerelease treatment, I think Fire Emblem should as well, since so many games, especially from Japan, were released before it became complete waifu bait.

Lol, I saw and bought a PoR at a Gamestop at about 20 used, but that was 8 years ago. Glad I got RD when it was released XD

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I vote with my heart!  If he's already going to be released, then let that tell IS that they made the right choice!

If Lugh is released, I hope that Raigh gets a personal tome, and that it's awesome.  Let the brothers rule!

I decided to swap from Melady for my BB vote to Lugh, even if he is coming. Tried reading her supports over, they didn't quite do it for me, nor did the others of Igrene's or all of Echidna's. Maybe a better translation of them that SF doesn't have posted would improve the impression given, and maybe I'm being a bit too harsh (despite having read all of PoR's and probably FE7's, and should therefore be a fair critic). I didn't want to read the main script over to check for them, so I just picked Lugh. 

Although with that, my ballot is now Sephiran/Nils/Asbel/Lena/Lugh. Total absence of physicality here.

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Lewyn is my favorite character and by some margin.  Does he have any alts?  No he just one version.  Just one, no alternate.  Did I vote for him here?  No because I'm not selfish, I'd rather get other characters in the game. 

so i'm selfish because I would like to have a Nephenee alt, or an Elincia alt or another Micaiah?
that's not very fair. 

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Lewyn is my favorite character and by some margin.  Does he have any alts?  No he just one version.  Just one, no alternate.  Did I vote for him here?  No because I'm not selfish, I'd rather get other characters in the game.  Then again I like more than one character which I guess is unusual. What is it called though...empathy?  Yeah I can feel for others whose favorite characters are not in the game, after all my favorite was only added recently.  However those born in a life of luxury with silver spoons, having  favorite at launch and being thrown alts left and right continuously likely think of just themselves.  Cause they have never wanted or needed.

Alright all that sounds rather nasty, but I think that is the heart of the matter and why dislike of all the versions of Camilla has spilled into attacking the fanbase and bashing the character herself.  I will clear up that I enjoyed Fates and Awakening, and Camilla is my favorite of the royals and I like her as a character despite some obvious pandering aspects.  So I am not a 'hater'.  

You see, there is one fundamental problem. Let's pretend that Camilla fans finally got tired of her and she placed #231. How would that change anything in regards of getting more alts from Archanea and Jugdral?

What would happen is that Micaiah and F!Robin (who have multiple alts. Because Yune-posessed-Micaih is already in the making, I would bet my house on it) would win instead. Or depending on who gets the votes from Camilla fans, maybe Eirika and Azura (who have multiple alts).

If the point you are trying to make is that units with alts should not get votes and people who vote for them are being selfish, then you gotta complain about the entire top 20 minus Anna and Louise. It's not fair to single Camilla out as if she disappeared from the list all problems would be solved.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

It's much worse with just going to McD all the time since only 3 people want it, and the rest will be disappointed.   Even the ones okay with it will get sick of it, every time the same thing.  It isn't like hey we are getting Camilla for the first time.  Or the 2nd time, or the 5th time.  That kind of redundancy will leave only the diehard fans satisfied. 

So you're okay with an average of 5.25 disappointed people per week over an average of 4 disappointed people per week?

14 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

If the point you are trying to make is that units with alts should not get votes and people who vote for them are being selfish, then you gotta complain about the entire top 20 minus Anna and Louise. It's not fair to single Camilla out as if she disappeared from the list all problems would be solved.

Oh, honestly, I do. Hell, Seliph is the one I was happiest to see about because he has one incarnation and it sucks hardcore, but I'd rather someone not in the game yet win over him so IS gets the point that characters besides the big names matter. Anna I was never terribly fond of and Louise I like quite a bit, just it seems like she should come on an FE7 banner with Pent, but I'd rather either of them win over any of the other women. That said, not enough to actually change my votes from my favorites as I won't be especially miffed if Camilla wins.

Edited by bottlegnomes

In all honesty, the fast food comparison (while it makes sense in the way you wrote it) doesn't completely work out the same way. My group of friends and I often go out to dinner together a lot, and it's a hassle to figure out where we want to go. I almost never want to get Asian, certain people have stricter budgets, some people have different "moods" in which they may be okay with one thing one week but not the next. But the most important thing is that a reasonable group of friends would talk and compromise if something like eating arrangements was really such a big issue.

But in CYL, the entire voting base are not friends with each other (they're not even acquaintances), and we can't communicate to the entire voting base at the same time, just the ones we see immediately. Not to mention CYL happens more rarely than just getting together for lunch or dinner once a week. So, like, the "gravity" of the situation is kind of different.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

In all honesty, the fast food comparison (while it makes sense in the way you wrote it) doesn't completely work out the same way.

Well duh. It's not supposed to represent things 1:1 with all their nuances and caveats. That's kinda not the point of analogies. It (this one specifically) is supposed to give people a sense of where the opposing side's points are coming from based on a similar situation that might be more familiar or identifiable.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

So you're okay with an average of 5.25 disappointed people per week over an average of 4 disappointed people per week?

I am, cause otherwise the same people are screwed over every single week.  Much better that everyone gets what they want at least some of the time.  What's the point of those people who never get what they want to keep eating food they hate every single week?  

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

so i'm selfish because I would like to have a Nephenee alt, or an Elincia alt or another Micaiah?
that's not very fair. 

Selfish sounds like a bad word, but it just means caring for oneself without consideration of others.  I wanted to put it forth why there is so much animosity not just towards just Camilla winning but towards her fans for pushing for a 7th version when so many characters are still missing.  My example of not even voting for Lewyn who has no alts, is that if being considerate of others then with hundreds of characters not in the game yet and the glacial release rate one would not put votes towards characters that are in already.  Camilla fans are the extreme example.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

You see, there is one fundamental problem. Let's pretend that Camilla fans finally got tired of her and she placed #231. How would that change anything in regards of getting more alts from Archanea and Jugdral?

What would happen is that Micaiah and F!Robin (who have multiple alts. Because Yune-posessed-Micaih is already in the making, I would bet my house on it) would win instead. Or depending on who gets the votes from Camilla fans, maybe Eirika and Azura (who have multiple alts).

Yes to some degree those voting for a character with a version already in the game are somewhat selfish, just to a lesser degree than someone voting for a character with many versions already in the game.  In addition these results have a strong bearing on the future banners, and essentially this is promoting alts, 10, 20, 100 whatever with new heroes mattering very little.  So it is a big middle finger for those whose favorite character isn't in the game, too bad your chances just got even lower.  

28 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Well duh. It's not supposed to represent things 1:1 with all their nuances and caveats. That's kinda not the point of analogies. It (this one specifically) is supposed to give people a sense of where the opposing side's points are coming from based on a similar situation that might be more familiar or identifiable.

Again, I get what you're trying to say, but I don't think it was a good analogy.

Vote for who you want. The majority of people will be pleased while the people in the minority opinion will be screwed over. It's not perfect but it's best system we got. The only other alternative is a communist system where we designate one person or one group of people to distribute all characters equally based on what they believe will bring about the most statisfaction for everyone (which actually how every other banner is decided incidentally). Democracy by it's very nature can't please everyone, but it will please the majority (provided everyone actually understands what they're voting on which our recent elections haven't had a good track record on). If you're in the minority then that sucks (welcome to the club). Your only real option is to spread the word and campaign for what you want. Vote Bloom!

TL:DR: Nobody is being any more selfish than anyone else by wanting the things they want. You can want away but at the end ofthe day it's the votes that count. Even the trolls are voting based on what they want, only in their case they want salt more than an actual character.

Edited by Jotari

39 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Vote for who you want. The majority of people will be pleased while the people in the minority opinion will be screwed over. It's not perfect but it's best system we got. The only other alternative is a communist system where we designate one person or one group of people to distribute all characters equally based on what they believe will bring about the most statisfaction for everyone (which actually how every other banner is decided incidentally). Democracy by it's very nature can't please everyone, but it will please the majority (provided everyone actually understands what they're voting on which our recent elections haven't had a good track record on). If you're in the minority then that sucks (welcome to the club). Your only real option is to spread the word and campaign for what you want. Vote Bloom!

TL:DR: Nobody is being any more selfish than anyone else by wanting the things they want. You can want away but at the end ofthe day it's the votes that count. Even the trolls are voting based on what they want, only in their case they want salt more than an actual character.

This is not necessarily true.  The winners will be the individual characters that get the most votes, as in people who wanted them to win.  However that doesn't mean the majority of people are happy with the results.   This isn't a two person presidential race or something there are hundreds of characters and votes spread all around.  There is male and female categories. 

It is possible that say character X gets the most votes of any character, but at the same time everyone who didn't vote for the character hates him/her.  That would mean the overwhelming majority actually hate the result.  

Edited by Lewyn

7 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

This is not necessarily true.  The winners will be the individual characters that get the most votes, as in people who wanted them to win.  However that doesn't mean the majority of people are happy with the results.   This isn't a two person presidential race or something there are hundreds of characters and votes spread all around.  There is male and female categories. 

It is possible that say character X gets the most votes of any character, but at the same time everyone who didn't vote for the character hates him/her.  That would mean the overwhelming majority actually hate the result.  

Well that's too bad, that's how the thing works! You aren't doing bad things/being a bad form of selfish for voting someone who you want to win. If the game gives you the option then I see nothing wrong with voting for your favourite character, and if that happens to be Camilla, go for it! 

I doubt it's really as black and white as that. I for one don't give a rat's ass who wins this thing, and there are more like me, believe me. Not every Camilla Fan is voting her either you know.

And aren't you also selfish for voting for someone who isn't in the game yet while others want a good alt for their favourite? You can turn this around many ways and it's not gonna be sunny. So it's best to stop with the selfish card because you're being rude.

Voted for Micaiah again, two more days to go. Hopefully she will remains in the top 2. Even if she gets another alt she will be standing at 3 versions, most top 5 girls have more than 3, so in that regard she needs support. Also when is the mythic reveal? If it falls in the same day as cyl won't the character that is there be brought down a bit? 

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Voted for Micaiah again, two more days to go. Hopefully she will remains in the top 2. Even if she gets another alt she will be standing at 3 versions, most top 5 girls have more than 3, so in that regard she needs support. Also when is the mythic reveal? If it falls in the same day as cyl won't the character that is there be brought down a bit? 

New Mythic Hero reveal will most likely be Monday which is the last day for CYL3 voting but by the time the trailer comes up voting would be closed. Sunday is also a possibility but I think Monday is more likely. It is also possible that the new mythic Hero could be a brand new OC the same way Gunnthra was introduced.

Everyone in this thread is selfish. This is a popularity contest where the higher a character scores the higher the chance is that they'll get released in the game/get an alt. Even I'm selfish by voting for someone as Tine because even if she only placed somewhere around the 300th range there's definitely someone in this thread who votes for a character that scored even lower so by voting for Tine I'm reducing that person's changes to get his/her character in game. That's my view on the selfish thing anyway.

Anyway, another day, another vote for the Silver haired Maiden:

Edited by Hekselka

I voted for Soren today, so I should probably vote for Micaiah tomorrow. More than just the top two, I want to focus on the top 20 or even top 100, as I'm sure that's one foundation for how they decide on alts and from which games to include new characters. If they see a lot of Tellius support, we'll hopefully get more stuff from Tellius. 

Still gotta support A!Tiki though. I can't believe she's behind Selkie. At this point I'm convinced the Selkie community consists of 50 people who have access to hundreds of computers each.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

You're right. But thats not a guarantee and it's  more likely the larger percentage of people will be happy. The only real alternative is to find someone who is omniscient and can tell using magic what choice will make the most never of people happy (and even then a significant amount probably won't).

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Did you vote for the people I voted for?  No?  You're selfish.

Guess what, this is a vote of preference.  My preferences are mine alone, just as yours are yours alone.  NO ONE should be shamed for voting who they like, no matter how popular that character is.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

The majority of people will be pleased while the people in the minority opinion will be screwed over.

Can we stop saying things like this?? First of all, I've literally only seen "minority" used as means to disregard a subset of people and their opinions. Similarly, how the hell is people being happy with Camilla a "majority" opinion? Whoever wins, whether Camilla, Micaiah or Robin, they most certainly don't have a majority of the votes. I agree using the term 'selfish' to describe others was unnecessary and ill-mannered, but this whole dismissal attitude people have as they label others as a minority and themselves as a majority is also just ridiculous and toxic, perpetuating the cycle. 

18 minutes ago, TheWill said:

Can we stop saying things like this?? First of all, I've literally only seen "minority" used as means to disregard a subset of people and their opinions. Similarly, how the hell is people being happy with Camilla a "majority" opinion? Whoever wins, whether Camilla, Micaiah or Robin, they most certainly don't have a majority of the votes. I agree using the term 'selfish' to describe others was unnecessary and ill-mannered, but this whole dismissal attitude people have as they label others as a minority and themselves as a majority is also just ridiculous and toxic, perpetuating the cycle. 

I can agree with this.

One thing to consider is that maybe the actual "minority" is people who take this contest so seriously they talk about it for 45 pages. Us, basically.

Perhaps over 50% of the voters are more casual and just put their vote in and MAYBE share it on twitter with the function already on the vote site, before going on with their day as usual.

Anyway, I voted for Camilla again today.