2nd Anniversary Banner (Find and Vote Banner): Possible to pick a specific unit?

Roflolxp54

According to this Reddit post by u/AmiiboHunter123, it may be possible to pick a specific 5* Focus unit from the free summon.

Essentially, no new orb selection sound effect (the sound you hear when you tap on an orb during a summoning session) has been added to the game based on the most recent datamine. This implies that...
A. The golden orbs would have different sound effects based on the color of the unit that is hidden underneath the gold orb.
or...
B. All 4 golden orbs would share the same sound effect.

Assuming scenario A were to be a thing, be sure to consult the YouTube video included in the Reddit post (also linked to this post). The video shows a summoning session that has at least 1 orb of each color with the player tapping each color at least twice so that viewers can hear each color's sound effect.

Just a brief reminder on the units available as Focus units on the 2nd Anniversary banner:
Red: Myrrh: Spooky Monster
Blue: Azura: Vallite Songstress
Green: Lyn: Lady of the Wind
Colorless: Duma: God of Strength

Edited by Roflolxp54

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Same. 
ANYTHING to avoid Duma. 

I have everyone other then Azura, so I want her.  Duma is a decent unit, but if you don't care much for AR then yeah I can see why you would be sad if you pulled him.

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

I have everyone other then Azura, so I want her.  Duma is a decent unit, but if you don't care much for AR then yeah I can see why you would be sad if you pulled him.

Honestly, I know i am being a big baby out of this, and I would LIKE to try to be better for AR. 
but i just feel he needs a lot of investment to be great. 

Just now, Glennstavos said:

Ah, well I hope the theory is true. I'd love to have a Spooky Monster most of all.

EVERYONE Needs A Spooky Monster

(I love my Myrrhbaby). 

So sounds like the colorless sound effect has the lowest pitch. I'll have to listen for that since Duma is the only one of the four I would care to get. If this all happens to be true, that is.

Beware of Colourless, Green, and Red. If any of these colours are your desired pulls, please please please check with this video again instead of relying on memory. Their pitches are very very similar (only one semitone apart)!

For reference from lowest pitch to highest: Colour - Note

Colourless - A

Red - B flat

Green - B

Blue - C sharp

Edited by Leocanta

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So you're basically making the assumption that the developers are complete morons and haven't thought of this already? Okay.

I mean, if they are complete morons, power to you all, but...

Hopefully Intern-kun was responsible for the orb color pitches.

15 minutes ago, Leocanta said:

Beware of Colourless, Green, and Red. If any of these colours are your desired pulls, please please please check with this video again instead of relying on memory. Their pitches are very very similar (only one semitone apart)!

For reference from lowest pitch to highest: Colour - Note

Colourless - A

Red - B flat

Green - B

Blue - C sharp

Uh, I don't know what's with your hearing, but mine is saying green is the highest pitch and sounds very different from colorless and red. Red and colorless are a bit similar though.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So you're basically making the assumption that the developers are complete morons and haven't thought of this already? Okay.

Fair point, I'm not actually getting my hopes up too high. A gold orb is a different color, so it probably will have its own sound effect.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, I don't know what's with your hearing, but mine is saying green is the highest pitch and sounds very different from colorless and red. Red and colorless are a bit similar though.

You can check with the tuner if you're not too sure. Blue is definitely the highest note. Green sounds similar to Red, and Red sounds similar to Colourless. 

4 minutes ago, Leocanta said:

You can check with the tuner if you're not too sure. Blue is definitely the highest note. Green sounds similar to Red, and Red sounds similar to Colourless. 

Sorry, but I do not see, or rather, hear this at all. Green sounds higher pitch than the others to me and very different from red and that's all I can tell you. My hearing is sensitive too, so I can probably distinguish more sounds than the average person.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm probably tone deaf, so I'd probably fail. Not to mention the mind can play tricks on itself. This reminds me of the final piano puzzle in Eternal Sonata, unlike the prior ones where you saw the key that was played being highlighted, the last one had you have to go on sound memorization alone. (And the secret is that the puzzle is a new part plus both of the prior puzzles' sequences. This I failed to understand.)

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Judging from some commentary here, I think some players have already deemed the FEH team totals morons. Albeit not necessarily in this sense.

As for the sound effect, it'd probably be a voice clip in the game already, the laugh or one liner of somebody with a mocking tone. I'd wish for a foghorn, but that probably won't happen ever.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How I tell the difference between those two is colourless-red-blue-green makes a scale, so if the gold orbs do have sound effects based on the colour you can tap them in order until it sounds right.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, but I do not see, or rather, hear this at all. Green sounds higher pitch than the others to me and very different from red and that's all I can see. My hearing is sensitive too, so I can probably distinguish more sounds than the average person.

Yes. I think I might know what's going on here. Be sure not to confuse pitch with timbre. Pitch is the note itself, and timbre is the sound of the note. For example, the same note played on two different instruments will have different timbres because different instruments have different sounds, like an A played on a violin, or an A played on a Flute. The A played on the flute may sound higher because it has a shriller timbre than the A played on a violin.

Because you have good hearing, you're probably picking up on the shriller timbre of the Green orb. While Blue is a higher pitch, it has a lower timbre, so it doesn't sound as shrill or jingly. Hope this helps!