FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

Didn't like Dorothea's hat and I still don't like her hat. Her backstory is interesting but this character reveal pretty much cements the fact that I won't choose Black Eagles for my first playthrough.

Edited by zuibangde

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, egobarrier said:

On that note, the fact that the Golden Deer has more commoners than other houses is a bit less impressive when their competition is "only one."

I dunno, I wouldn't be surprised if Knight-worshipping Faerghus does the medieval equivalent of Athlete Scholarships and have a few more commoners besides Double-D in the Blue Lions' ranks thanks to their Promising Martial Prowess...

That said, I must've stumbled into some shipping goggles before reading her backstory summary but I can't shake off the feeling fan creators got provided with enough fodder to start writing Dorothea with a Sempai/Onee-san style crush on Manuela...

Half-joking aside, I'll feel seriously robbed if both Dorothea and Manuela don't have at least a platonic mentor-apprentice support in the case the latter is recruitable.

Edited by AstraSage

FB_IMG_1557772120445.thumb.jpg.4175bde98f72994ff2ee5d8b40ec240c.jpg

Idk if we've brought this up already but the official FE UK Facebook page has confirmed these 3's dubbed names. Dedue is a pretty decent name from what we thought it could have been, dying to see their dubbed voices now though...

2 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Idk if we've brought this up already but the official FE UK Facebook page has confirmed these 3's dubbed names. Dedue is a pretty decent name from what we thought it could have been, dying to see their dubbed voices now though...

I knew they'd kept it sounding similar sounds much better.

So Doduo evolved into Decidueye... sorry not sorry.

That said, now i want to pick either the Blue Lions or Yellow Deer even more just so Manuela can Teach Dorothea. Do you think that the class you pick influence who teach the other classes? Like, if you pick the Lions Manuela will teach the Eagles, but if you pick the Deers she would teach the Lions?

3 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

So Doduo evolved into Decidueye... sorry not sorry.

That said, now i want to pick either the Blue Lions or Yellow Deer even more just so Manuela can Teach Dorothea. Do you think that the class you pick influence who teach the other classes? Like, if you pick the Lions Manuela will teach the Eagles, but if you pick the Deers she would teach the Lions?

I have a feeling that the 2 other teachers have a canon house of students they get, like Manuela gets Blue Lions and Moustached Guy gets Golden Deer, fitting with how the Black Eagles seems to be the canon house the avatar gets. Then if you pick the house that they're meant to get(You pick Blue Lions; the teacher they "canonically" have is given to the avatar's canon house, Black Eagles), so we get something like this.

Avatar picks Black Eagles; Manuela gets Blue Lions; Moustached Dude gets Golden Deer.

Avatars picks Blue Lions; Manuela gets Black Eagles; Moustached Dude gets Golden Deer.

Avatar picks Golden Deer; Manuela gets Blue Lions; Moustached Dude gets Black Eagles.

So this way each other teacher gets their canon house 2 out of 3 times.

2 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Thank you Nintendo UK. At least someone is actually trying to give us something. *glares at Nintendo America*

7 minutes ago, TheDreamReturns said:

Yeah I'm just going to call him "Dude" from now on because none of these names are sitting well with me at all.

Hide contents

Still beats B E R N A D E T T A though ;)

Bernadetta's a real name though, while Dedue, I'm not quite sure...

45 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Bernadetta's a real name though, while Dedue, I'm not quite sure...

From what I can tell, Dedue is actually a surname from Canada of all places. So that might suggest a French or English origin. Maybe Dedue goes by his surname instead of his first name for personal reasons?

Dorothea is interesting and I like her background. I didn't think she would be a commoner but now I'm hoping that IS actually uses that. Being the only commoner in her group makes for a great dynamic with the other characters. I'm not a fan of the hat but it's grown on me so who knows maybe I'll like it by the time the game releases.

Dorothea's kinda cute, and she has a pretty interesting backstory to her. So far, she's probably the character that strikes me as interesting the most. 

20 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I'm gonna assume it's "Deh-Doo" until proven otherwise. 

I usually assume the pronunciation would be close to it's Japanese unless proven otherwise. A practically silent e is the closest thing to it's Japanese pronunciation "doodoo".

We'll know how to pronounce Dedue's name when the game comes out and he introduces himself. Though I wonder how they came up with that name, as while it's listed as a surname on some sites, it seems to be so rare that no one has any idea where it came from.

3 hours ago, SimplyUnknown said:

From what I can tell, Dedue is actually a surname from Canada of all places. So that might suggest a French or English origin. Maybe Dedue goes by his surname instead of his first name for personal reasons?

I think IS have used surnames as forenames in the past. I can't think of any examples, but Lorenz might be one.

What I do know is that Dedue already has a surname: Molinaro.

Was not expecting Dorothea so soon to be honest. Her hat still looks weird, but I like what we know about her so far. I thought she might be a bit snobbish, but am pleasantly surprised to see her being the big sister type. I actually expected the Blue Lions group to be the one with the least amount of commoners not the Black Eagles. I have a feeling she gets picked on a bit by some of the others if they are bringing it up in her bio.

. . .oh dear, two Lorenz.  But will this one be half the badass as the DS one?

I have one nitpick for Dorothea - her sprite and her art don't match.  Of the two, I vastly prefer her art.

The fact that Dorothea is the sole commoner amongst the nobility is reminding me of the trope of the one poor student in the rich school that got in on scholarships or personal connections, characters like Haruhi in Ouran or Tsukushi from Hana Yori Dango.

How sad, Dorothea. In any other franchise you would have been the protagonist.

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .oh dear, two Lorenz.  But will this one be half the badass as the DS one?

In Mystery Book 2, Lorenz kills himself by just exploding.

So in other words, I strongly doubt he'll be even a quarter of the badass OG Lorenz was.  But we shall see nonetheless.

The people I've been talking to have said Dorothea's is the single most interesting design to them.  I will say I like it myself, and it's all because of H A T and Jojo memes.

Hat is God.