New Overview Video from NoJ

25 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

That's a great write up Vincent! Only 3 weeks to launch so you'll have some rest soon, haha.

Missed this, but that's when my real work starts lol

Also, something I forgot to mention...

By the way, I’m unsure if there’s a connection, but the Dark Stones equipped by the three giant monsters share the same name as the Dark Stone–the by-product of the Fire Emblem in

The Sacred Stones. What’s more, in the early version of that game, there were monsters equipped with Dark Stone Shards…

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Also, something I forgot to mention...

Perhaps since it appears that Byleth's crest is the Fire Emblem; the Crest is somehow responsible for creating the monsters?

This sure was a nice surprise. Some new juicy footage that only makes me want to play the game even more. Three weeks have never felt like such a long period of time. I've got to vent a bit so I apologize for my disorganized thoughts.

I'm surprised to see Byleth fighting Nemesis, and the dragon seems to be a bigger deal than I thought, so that's one more on the villains/antagonists/opponents list. 

The Church (presumably)
The Nightcrawlers
The house leaders
Flame Emperor
Death Knight
Nemesis
That dragon

As well as the Black Beasts and other monsters, though they seem more beastial or mindless. Speculations based on only officially released content, but put in spoilers just in case:

Spoiler

Speaking of which, the way the Black Beast was shown in trailer #2 solidifies my suspicion that Sylvain's brother was turned into one. The scene looks like it's set up like a dramatic reveal, and we know Sylvain's brother steals a Heroic Relic and that there is a Black Beast using a Crest Stone of Gautier. I almost want to choose the Blue Lions just to see his reaction to this.

We saw Byleth with his brighter hair while still in the pre-timeskip. I wonder if he unlocks special powers after what looks like Jeralt dying. The timeskip might happen soon after that. I'm also surprised to see Dimitri smiling that creepily pre-timeskip; maybe that's also right before the timeskip, or maybe that's just his "shadow" they've talked about. He still has both eyes, too...

The game sure is a lot bigger than I would have previously thought. However, I hope it won't be so big as to waste all of these amazing ideas and potential the game has. I think what worries me the most now aside from player worship is the game either going with a fourth golden ending route, or the three routes being too similar - I don't want the symmetry of Fates where you have four suspiciously similar siblings, lose two siblings and end up in anime limbo in both of the non-canon versions. I want the routes to vary, and I don't mind if some are seen as a bit better or worse so long as the stories they tell are good.

1 hour ago, Druplesnubb said:

I'm talking about the one that appears just before the giant worm. It's covered in bandages.

Oh, it's just called a "Monster". Might be a generic one.

It has the Cracked Crest Stone like the King of Beasts (or a crest stone shard), so I thought they were the same when the scene went flying past.

BTW, here's the video with English subtitles:

Again, a big thanks to @SatsumaFSoysoy

6 hours ago, timon said:

So that's a lot of info lol

Small thing I noticed, if I haven't missed it Flayn appears only with the Golden Deers, and she's a faith user.

Thani leaks:

Hide contents

Lysithea (or at this point Marianne) substitute so she can actually die?

This is not TRUE both marianne And lysithea can be seen in the battle

6 minutes ago, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

This is not TRUE both marianne And lysithea can be seen in the battle

I meant afterwards, but I have rewatched and she's also in the Blue Lions so I guess the theory is debunked.

4 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I wonder if it is possible to can freely change classes in chapter prep like the DS games.

That has indeed been confirmed, once you "pass the exam" you can freely switch between the classes you've unlocked (don't even need an item like in the DS titles).

Edited by timon

2 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I doubt that's the case, first of all, no one liked this mechanic, that's number one. Number two is, I'm pretty sure we've seen them on our team even with a fully alive party, and number three is, that would prevent people on casual mode from ever recruiting these characters. It's not going to happen.

About the only thing Shadow Dragon did right in regards to replacement units is if you got severely low on troops, the game would give you generic replacement units.

But giving you unique characters for killing off your characters was stupid as hell.  Better to leave them as generics that can barely grow.  That way, you aren't given incentive to kill off your troops, but you also aren't completely screwed over if, like, 90% of your team died.  Which in Shadow Dragon would be one hell of an accomplishment considering how bloated the Archanean rosters are.

I'm glad that we're getting various designs for the beasts. Even if they end up fighting similarly, as least they'll be visually distinct. And if each monster requires a different strategy to take down, then that's just icing on the cake.

Thanks for the English trailer, @VincentASM! It's nice to see the translation while watching the content onscreen.

The game says that there will be over 30 classes, which isn't too surprising or noteworthy since every game in the series (even the original Shadow Dragon) is either at or over that amount.

The story information, though, is the most interesting part:

Spoiler

- Claude confirming that the church is up to something to the surprise of no one, but it may be interesting if  the other enemy factions in this game are unknowingly trying to achieve similar goals with the chests, just with different methods. Now that would be some dramatic irony.

- Dmitri may have the most violent route, and shows why videogames really need to have more therapists

- "Special blood flows in her veins. Dangerous blood" while a dragon, Sothis, s sword in flames, and Thales are shown. This is either hinting that Sothis has some secrets (which we knew already), or they're just putting fancy imagery over something with a different context in the game itself.

- I found Claude to be the most interesting of what was shown in this entire video. The same guy that said "We have the strength to scale the walls between us. To reach out our hands and friendship so we can open our true hearts to one another. That's how we win!" is also saying "Instead of taking pity on [them] and endangering my comrades, I'll take [them] out... without hesitation." While he will still probably have the lightest path of the three routes, it does make me curious if he'll stab more than a few people in the back, as well as what his end goal will be.

Two things stand out to me right now. First of all, I'm really curious as to the significance of Edelgard wielding a sword, as opposed to the axe whenever she fights Byleth. Perhaps she uses the sword as her weapon in other routes, and the axe in her own route?

Secondly, we're seeing pictures of characters in Advanced classes pre-timeskip. This essentially guarantees at LEAST one more tier after advanced, or else the post-timeskip chapters will have very little character progression compared to the pre-timeskip.

30 minutes ago, Onestep said:

Two things stand out to me right now. First of all, I'm really curious as to the significance of Edelgard wielding a sword, as opposed to the axe whenever she fights Byleth. Perhaps she uses the sword as her weapon in other routes, and the axe in her own route?

Secondly, we're seeing pictures of characters in Advanced classes pre-timeskip. This essentially guarantees at LEAST one more tier after advanced, or else the post-timeskip chapters will have very little character progression compared to the pre-timeskip.

As someone on Reddit pointed out, its likely due to the symbolism of Byleth and Edelgard fighting each other with the same weapons their ancestors did.

Just had a random thought, what if the reason Sothis appears in Byleth's room during the treehouse demonstration is because the Goddess Revival Ritual happened? There is the possibility that Sothis is the goddess. 

59 minutes ago, darkmega926 said:

Just had a random thought, what if the reason Sothis appears in Byleth's room during the treehouse demonstration is because the Goddess Revival Ritual happened? There is the possibility that Sothis is the goddess. 

That's a possibility. Maybe the Church and people wish for the return of goddess, but turned out the goddess wasn't what they expected, so they might turn against her/reject her authority.

Like how both Christian and Jews believe in coming of Messiah, but in Christian theology and Gospels that Jesus is the Messiah yet he's not what Jewish expected and was rejected by Jews.

-----

I wonder if you will get both sword of Seiros and the axe if you choose Edelgard.

On 7/4/2019 at 8:06 PM, Hawkwing said:

Hide contents

- I found Claude to be the most interesting of what was shown in this entire video. The same guy that said "We have the strength to scale the walls between us. To reach out our hands and friendship so we can open our true hearts to one another. That's how we win!" is also saying "Instead of taking pity on [them] and endangering my comrades, I'll take [them] out... without hesitation." While he will still probably have the lightest path of the three routes, it does make me curious if he'll stab more than a few people in the back, as well as what his end goal will be.

Lot of people says Claude is only sane man, but I think all three of them will be wrong, with Claude flaw being too naive and became disillusioned as war progress. 

More we know more I am convinced there will be 4th route. 

I mean, his Cipher card indicates he's good at scheming under his smile.

Consider most players don't play Chiper, especially outside Japan, Claude's description is not well known by general FE players.

They might set him up as a good guy pre-release but turned out completely opposite as plot twist. This also applies to two others, especially Edelgard.

5 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

They might set him up as a good guy pre-release but turned out completely opposite as plot twist. This also applies to two others, especially Edelgard.

I mean I don't think they are hiding the fact that Edelgard is a bit evil (not evil necessarily but opposed to you) as we have seen her fighting Byleth. Byleth is you therefore they must be correct and good and Edelgard must be flawed. In addition she is giving of major Lawful Evil vibes for me and I think it was pretty obvious from the trailer she will not be a good guy. The only one they are trying to trick us with is Claude.

6 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

I mean I don't think they are hiding the fact that Edelgard is a bit evil (not evil necessarily but opposed to you) as we have seen her fighting Byleth. Byleth is you therefore they must be correct and good and Edelgard must be flawed. In addition she is giving of major Lawful Evil vibes for me and I think it was pretty obvious from the trailer she will not be a good guy. The only one they are trying to trick us with is Claude.

The fighting scene could very well only existed in certain routes, and that the circumstance/consequence is something unknown to us yet.

Like how we saw both Dimitir and Edelgard being given completely different lines in the same scene (maybe one line is from being in enemy route while other is player route)

The Awakening very first trailer also shows Chorm fighting Lucina, but only turned out it was just a match rather than real combat.

It's also kind early to assume Byleth is good in all routes...