The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

26 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

When is the Lorenz paralogue unlocked? What are the requirements to play it? What is the deadline? What are the rewards? Are they worth it?

Lorenz timeskip can be unlocked before the timeskip, and it's only available until 2/22 I believe. The reward is one of my favourite: Thrysus, which increases magic range by 2. I prefer to give it to Lysithea due to her power and squishiness. Not sure when it unlocks, but I believe you can start it pretty early on.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

When is the Lorenz paralogue unlocked? What are the requirements to play it? What is the deadline? What are the rewards? Are they worth it?

To add to the above, I'm in chapter 7 and did it about 10 minutes ago. Two other paralogues appeared this month so perhaps this is the month they start unlocking? Unless of course they're purely support-rank locked and it's a coincidence.

Minor timeskip spoilers

Spoiler

So I'm in GD and just got to the timeskip. First chapter gave me all the GD students and most Seiros Knights/Church members (I believe only Gilbert was missing).

My question is, will the students I recruited from other houses rejoin me? And if so, will it happen automatically or do I have to do something to get them back?

Sidenote: that chapter was tough but was made tougher by some severely underleveled characters. I really wish timeskip bumped neglected characters up to a predetermined level and stats instead of just giving me stuff like a level 5 noble Ignatz and hope Lorenz can survive a swarm of enemies on his own.

About GD part 2:

Spoiler

Just yes or no, please, I'm not really looking for spoilers, just want to know.

I've noticed there is a much heavier focus on finding Rhea in p2 in GD than BL. I was wondering if this is because I A-supported her (and consequently plan to S-support her if possible), and that's why Byleth is so intent on getting her back? I don't recall him feeling that passionate about it during BL. I don't reaaally think this is the case, as I know BE is the only one with two variants, correct? But it's an interesting thought so I wanted to make sure. Thanks.

Just now, nyainou said:

About GD part 2:

Reveal hidden contents

Just yes or no, please, I'm not really looking for spoilers, just want to know.

I've noticed there is a much heavier focus on finding Rhea in p2 in GD than BL. I was wondering if this is because I A-supported her (and consequently plan to S-support her if possible), and that's why Byleth is so intent on getting her back? I don't recall him feeling that passionate about it during BL. I don't reaaally think this is the case, as I know BE is the only one with two variants, correct? But it's an interesting thought so I wanted to make sure. Thanks.

Spoiler

Nah, it's just because Dimitri's route is way more focused on his personal conflict with Edelgard to pay attention to anything else happening on the continent. Church and GD are way more focused on scraping out the flaws from the inside of the system. 

Some questions regarding the music tracks and where they play. Spoilers possible.

Spoiler

1. When does "King of Delusion" play? I thought it would be on Edelgard's path against Dimitri, but I don't remember it playing there.
2. Also, where does "Indomitable Will" play? I have it unlocked, but I don't remember where it plays. Maybe against the other house leaders?
3. Is "Apex of the World" the main final map theme (save for one route)? I thought it would just be for Edelgard's path, but apparently not. 

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Minor timeskip spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

So I'm in GD and just got to the timeskip. First chapter gave me all the GD students and most Seiros Knights/Church members (I believe only Gilbert was missing).

My question is, will the students I recruited from other houses rejoin me? And if so, will it happen automatically or do I have to do something to get them back?

Sidenote: that chapter was tough but was made tougher by some severely underleveled characters. I really wish timeskip bumped neglected characters up to a predetermined level and stats instead of just giving me stuff like a level 5 noble Ignatz and hope Lorenz can survive a swarm of enemies on his own.

Lol never mind. I just started the game back up right now and they unceremoniously appear.

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Can you get a dark seal after the timeskip in Golden Deer? I have one and I thought that would be good enough but you need two to become a Dark Bishop.

You can if you have recruited Caspar and Mercedes. You get a chance to fight the Death Knight again in their post time-skip paralogue and he's holding another dark seal.

3 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

You can if you have recruited Caspar and Mercedes. You get a chance to fight the Death Knight again in their post time-skip paralogue and he's holding another dark seal.

Bummer. I have Caspar but I never got Mercedes so I guess I'll kiss Dark Bishop goodbye for this playthrough.

42 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

I'm planning to make a "best team" thread in the future but I need one info. What is the maximum number of units a map has ever allowed to be deployed (with or without adjutants)?

The standard for deployment is 10 students and this will be seen on the majority of maps. Max Adjutants are 3 at Professor Level A+.

At endgame (at least for Edelgard's route), I think it went up to 12 deployment slots, so with adjutants, there will be a total of "15 characters" on the field at once.

So my next Black Eagle playthrough I'm considering having Linhardt stop at Bishop and not go on to become a Mortal Savant. I also am planning on a Swordmaster dodge tank Ferdinand. Because of the lower movement count of both, who would benefit more from the Shoes of Wind?

1 hour ago, Gamer76252 said:

So my next Black Eagle playthrough I'm considering having Linhardt stop at Bishop and not go on to become a Mortal Savant. I also am planning on a Swordmaster dodge tank Ferdinand. Because of the lower movement count of both, who would benefit more from the Shoes of Wind?

Probably Ferdinand if he's not using any ranged weapons. Otherwise go Linhardt. Although I rather just have healers use a March Ring.

Because this got ignored and buried:

How many paralogues need students from two different houses?? And what is the availability for each of them?

Edited by Shadow Mir

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Probably Ferdinand if he's not using any ranged weapons. Otherwise go Linhardt. Although I rather just have healers use a March Ring.

I'd rather have Lin use Caduceus for extra magic range. Ferdie will be getting lance training as well as sword training.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Because this got ignored and buried:

How many paralogues need students from two different houses?? And what is the availability for each of them?

Dorothea-Ingrid (pre-skip - can be done with only one student, but you need Ingrid recruited to get her hero relic)

Caspar-Mercedes (post-skip; not available on Edelgard’s route)

Leonie-Linhardt (post-skip; will disappear on Edelgard’s route if you

Spoiler

kill Flayn and Seteth)

Ferdinand-Lysithea (post-skip; not available on Edelgard’s route)

3 hours ago, Gamer76252 said:

I'd rather have Lin use Caduceus for extra magic range. Ferdie will be getting lance training as well as sword training.

Ah right. I forgot he could use that. In that case just go with whoever you like more. With the extra range from the Caduceus and throwing lances they'll both be pretty equal. I guess Ferdinand might still benefit more though because even if Linhardt can't reach the front lines he'll still be able to support distant allies with physic or warp someone else closer to the enemy in his stead.

46 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Does Faith become a Professor's Expertise like Swords, Brawling and Authority are after Byleth's budding talent in it is awakened?

For the bonus when teaching? That's not what Professor's Expertise is. It happens with any skill whenever your level in it is higher than the person you're teaching, it doesn't actually need to be a strength.