Hall of Forms: The FEH Roguelike mode

Zapp Branniglenn

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah. It is hard to get what you need for some units. For me, GOW!Eirika got Special Fighter a few times, but I am using her a support unit so she does not need it. GOW!Ephraim only got crappy stuff like Seals and Brash Assault, and Sabotages on a few occasions which he cannot even use really well.

Yeah, basically. I think I got unlucky this time.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY

Eirika: Lv 40. Flash (Wrathful), Restore+, Heavenly Light, Close Foil, Mystic Boost, Fortify Res 4, Even Def Wave

Ephraim: Lv 40+10. It's Curtains (Res), Rally Atk/Res+, Blue Flame, Death Blow 4, Special Fighter, Armored Stride, Brazen Atk/Res

Tana: Lv 40. Fruit of Iðunn, Rally Atk/Spd+, Glimmer, Mirror Impact, Aerobatics, Drive Res, Drive Spd

Innes: Lv 40+1. Firesweep Axe, Rally Up Atk+, Growing Flame, Atk/Def Bond, Def/Res Link, Even Atk Wave, Atk Smoke

Just in the nick of time, alright, I can get Ephraim now~ I would like to try to salvage Innes or Tana but I don't think it'll happen~

I actually cleared the last chamber! Yayz!

I finished with:

Innes: lv. 40+4, Ardent Service+ (Atk refine), Shove, Blue Flame, Brazen Atk/Spd 4, Def/Res Link 3, Odd Def Wave 3, Sturdy Blow 2
Tana: lv. 40+3, Fruit of Idunn, Rally Up Atk+, Growing Wind, Atk/Res Push 4, Dull Ranged 3, Atk/Spd Oath 3, Brazen Atk/Spd 3
Ephraim: lv. 40+2, Festive Siegmund, Draw Back, Ignis, Swift Sparrow 3, Dull Close 3, Hone Atk 4, Sturdy Stance 2
Eirika: lv. 40, Witchy Wand+ (Wrathful), Physic+, Earthwater Balm+, Atk/Res 2, Chill Atk/Res 2, Res Ploy 3

Not bad, I'd say. I'm getting more of the hang of things, I think.

I took my time with this one, but I cleared the final chamber a couple days ago. I ended with: 

Lv. 40 +2 Eirika: Joyous Lantern+ [Wrathful], Martyr+, Earthfire Balm+, no A, Dazzling Staff 3, Joint Drive Atk, no Seal
Lv. 40 +4 Ephraim: Berkut's Lance+ [+Atk], Rally Atk/Spd+, Blue Flame, Fort. Def/Res 3, no B, Hone Spd 4, no Seal
Lv. 40 +7 Tana: Fruit of Idunn, Rally Spd/Res+, Growing Thunder, Swift Sparrow 3, no B, Pulse Smoke 3, no Seal
Lv. 40 +1 Innes: Hack-o'-Lantern+ [+Atk], Draw Back, Glimmer, Brazen Atk/Spd 4, Chill Atk/Spd 2, Def Opening 3, no Seal

If the number of merges + empty skill slots didn't give it away, I had a hard time rolling any worthwhile skills such as any Fighter skills for Ephraim after a certain point.

I picked GOW!Eirika, since she does not really need stats to do her job.

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I cannot believe I have my armored units at level 29+ and not a single Armor March has shown up.

My Ike and Greil are at level 34 and 32 respectively, and the only armor skill I've been offered was Armored Stride for Ike (which I took). I swear, the RNG in this mode really hates the Fighter skills in particular since I never got any for Eirika or Ephraim last time either.

Then at the same time, I've been offered Bellringer+ (specifically that one weapon) on Ike at least four times.

Nice, two wheelchairs melee armors. And no Tana's weapon to Guidance them.

Looking like I'm using Soren and Mist.

Soren and Mist are HARD CARRYING my team right now, yikes! I love Ike and Greil is cool too, but omg I also haven’t gotten luck in the armor march / fighter skills department so they’re either on clean up duty or they’re sacrifices for Mist and Soren to take over lol.

I gave Mist an EP build, with Def Res Solo, Darting Stance, Gronnserpent, Moonbow...

Soren is more PP, with Tannebit, Lull Spd Def (lol), Hone Atk 4, Darting Blow, Moonbow...

Might pick up Soren and Ike this time around.

I got Armor March pretty early, in my first or second options for Ike. Greil has Joing Hone Spd... he doesn't ejoying the Spf buff, but the others do... especially Mist that has a Blade Tome.

Soren has Juicy Wave and Atk/Spd Push, so he is pretty nice.

Day 1: 

Mist: Atk/Spd Push 4. 
Soren: Vessel of Cheer
Ike: Rally atk/spd+
Greil: Nothing. 

not sure if i'm going to Soul Up anyone here. Mist is really pretty, and out of the entire banner the one i wouldn't have minded getting. Soren is Meh - because Reinhardt will forever exist and L'arachel too. (I do have a +1 Sylvain (who is good), and Olwen who is good too, so it really depends on what else Mist ends up getting.  but i am hopeful we get some grail units or something. so.. 

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

not sure if i'm going to Soul Up anyone here. Mist is really pretty, and out of the entire banner the one i wouldn't have minded getting. Soren is Meh - because Reinhardt will forever exist and L'arachel too. (I do have a +1 Sylvain (who is good), and Olwen who is good too, so it really depends on what else Mist ends up getting.  but i am hopeful we get some grail units or something. so.. 

Yeah, I am not sure if I really want anyone in this set of units, as they all seem kind of meh. I prefer Grail units too, or at least a support unit like GOW!Eirika that is not dependent on stats.

If I were to go with someone, I guess I will go with GD!Ike since he got a unique Special, but I am just not sure if I really want to spend my Forma Soul on him. I could save up my Forma Soul and use it twice next time, but I am not sure if I want to do that either.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Yeah, I am not sure if I really want anyone in this set of units, as they all seem kind of meh. I prefer Grail units too, or at least a support unit like GOW!Eirika that is not dependent on stats.

If I were to go with someone, I guess I will go with GD!Ike since he got a unique Special, but I am just not sure if I really want to spend my Forma Soul on him. I could save up my Forma Soul and use it twice next time, but I am not sure if I want to do that either.

once i get this month's forma, i could use it on one but i kinda don't wanna waste it. I'm kinda ticked i did for cecilia but she did have good stuff - Fiora more than makes up for it though. 

I almost forgot Hall of Fjorms even started yesterday, LOL~ Not to bad of a start for these first two days. Working on the Armors since Mist and Soren tend to get most of the kills.

Ike: Lv 35. Slaying Edge (Spd), Rally Up Atk+, Radiant Aether, Quick Riposte, Joint Drive Atk, Fierce Stance

Soren: Lv 37. Vessel of Cheer (Def), Rally Def/Res+, Blue Flame, Swift Sparrow 3, Joint Hone Atk, Brazen Atk/Res

Greil: Lv 37. Guard Axe (Def), Pivot, Distant Counter, Special Fighter, Pulse Smoke, Drive Res

Mist: Lv 37. Gronnblade+, Rally Up Atk+, Fury 4, Lull Atk/Spd, Panic Smoke

Greil is surprisingly carrying in terms of tanking, he is getting some great Skill pickups

I managed to finish the chambers with Mist, Soren, and deadweight. Ok, deadweight’s a bit harsh. Ike actually rolled Ruby Sword+ pretty early on, which was nice for hitting the occasional green. Greil’s huge Atk stat actually let him finish off some low-Def enemies, even though he was still Lv 20+.

Soren carried most of the battles before Mist got fully online. Mist was apparently allergic to any weapon not named “Spectral Tome” or “Hibiscus Tome”, which was annoying, but she was still pretty consistent, especially after replacing Brazen Atk/Spd with Atk/Spd Solo.

“Final” builds:

• Ike (Lv. 37): Ruby Sword+, Rally Def/Res+, Ruptured Sky, Chill Atk/Spd 2
  • Soren (Lv. 40+2): Juicy Wave+ (Def), Reposition, Growing Light, Spd/Res Solo 3, Lull Atk/Spd 3, Joint Drive Atk
  • Greil (Lv. 24): Silver Axe+
  • Mist (Lv 40+3): Spectral Tome+ (Spd), Smite, Ruptured Sky, Atk/Spd Solo 4, Lull Spd/Res 3, Drive Spd, Spd Tactic 3

Finished Hall of Forms in style:

Spoiler

image0.png image0.png

Final builds:
lv. 40+5 Ike: Atk Carrot Cudgel+, Draw Back, Radiant Aether, Distant Ward, Armored Stride, Armored Boots
lv. 40+5 Soren: Blarblade+, Swap, Glimmer, Brazen Atk/Spd, Chill Atk/Res, Atk Opening, Swift Sparrow
lv. 40+2 Mist: Res Spectral Tome+, Reposition, Atk/Spd Solo, Chill Res, Joint Hone Atk
lv. 32 Greil: Def Carrot Axe+

I finished all the chambers today.

• Ike ended at Lv 40+2, with Sandfort Space+ (Def), Reposition, Atk/Spd Form 3, Armor March 3 and Def Tactic 3;

ke is already speedy, but with Form and Greil's Hone Spd, he doubled almost everything.

• Soren ended at Lv 40+1, with Juicy Wave+ (Spd), Rally Atk/Spd+, Glimmer, Atk/Spd Push 4, Pulse Smoke 3 and Brazen Atk/Spd 3;

Soren, although has the most interesting kit in my opinion, was the one that did the least in these last chambers.

• Greil ended at Lv 40+2, with Huge Fan+ (Def), Growing Wind, Steady Breath, Chill Atk 3 and Joint Hone Spd;

Greil surprised me. I know that Huge Fan and Steady Breath don't match well because of the special cooldown charge, but whatever. The +8 Def was nice. He basically had the Special ready after the first combat, and oh boy... Growing Wind saved me so many times.

• Mist ended at Lv40+2, with Gronnblade+, Rally Atk/Res+, Glimmer, Warding Stance 4, Lull Atk/Res 3, Joint Drive Atk and Drive Atk 2.

Just an ordinary blade tome unit. Nothing special. She was necessary in the final chambers, because F Morgan appeared in 2-3 maps there, and Mist was able to bait her.

I have no interest in any of these heroes, so for now I am only playing the daily matches to get the final daily rewards.

For next month, I hope Sothe is one of them since it will be Radiant Dawn Forma Heroes. Not sure if we will get Beasts in HoF... since they don't have different option for the weapons... only their prf ones.

Finished this today as well and was by far the quickest I’ve ever done so.

Ike got a LOT better by the end and I enjoy his kit now. Bell ringer, Atk Spd Solo 4, Mystic Boost, Joint Drive Atk... want a better special if I soul him though because he has his native radiant aether.

Soren can use some work—not sure if I want Tannenbit or Spooky Censer (if i even get it!) he also has brazen Atk Spd 4, Lull Spd Def (lol still), Hone Atk 4... could use something better than Repo/Glimmer if I wanna soul

Not planning on Souling, but Greil and Mist both came out perfectly EP tanks. Happy with them~

I finished this one quicker than the previous one, thanks in part to mostly rolling older enemy units in the final chambers:

Lv. 40 +2 Ike: Bellringer+ (+Spd), Pivot, Radiant Aether, Distant Ward, Wrath 3, Armored Stride 3, Death Blow 3
Lv. 40 +3 Soren: Blue Gift+ (+Spd), Shove, Blue Flame, Atk/Spd Solo 4, no B, Joint Drive Atk, no Seal
Lv. 40 +4 Greil: Rearguard+ (+Atk), Rally Spd/Def+, Moonbow, Distant Counter obtained after clearing Chamber 25, no B, Joint Drive Atk, Deflect Melee 3
Lv. 40 Mist: Madness Flask+ (+Spd), no Assist, Aether, Life and Death 4, Chill Atk/Spd 2, Def Tactic 3, Brazen Atk Res 3

Oh and yes, I did never roll a single Fighter skill for either Ike or Greil but certainly saw shit like Daggerbreaker 3 multiple times. Good stuff.

I seem to be taking this one slower than usual despite these units being surprisingly good. I'll likely finish it up tomorrow though if I'm not super unlucky with spawns

Ike: Lv 40+1. Slaying Edge (Spd), Rally Up Atk+, Radiant Aether, Atk/Spd Bond 4, Quick Riposte, Joint Drive Atk, Fierce Stance

Soren: Lv 40. Vessel of Cheer (Def), Reposition, Blue Flame, Swift Sparrow 3, Joint Hone Atk, Swift Sparrow 2

Greil: Lv 40+1. Guard Axe (Def), Pivot, Noontime, Distant Counter, Special Fighter, Pulse Smoke, Drive Res

Mist: Lv 40. Gronnblade+, Rally Up Atk+, Fury 4, Lull Atk/Spd, Panic Smoke

I am really thinking if i get a good B skill on mist, shes coming home. 
so far she has Blade+, Atk/Spd Push 4, Lull Atk/Res and she was one of those units i would have loved to have.  just never was able to. will see. (I think if i got Fury tome (and LND4 instead of push) - i would do it

Did this Hall of Forms feel easier to anyone else? Compared to older ones anyway?

Units by the final chamber...

• Ike +5 with Pledged Blade (+Def), Radiant Aether, Atk/Spd Form, Special Spiral, Atk/Def Gap, and Quick Riposte. Thanks to Pledged Blade he had Aether up a lot more often, and his Def being not too shabby meant he could tank hits pretty well.
  • Soren +4 with Vessel of Cheer (+Atk), Reposition, Death Blow 4, and Def/Res Link. Served as the main Movement assist user the entire time, later getting some OHKO potency.
  • Greil +6 with Rearguard (+Atk), Swap, Ignis, Distant Counter, Wary Fighter, and Atk/Def Bond. Note he only got Rearguard AT the final chamber, the entire time he was rocking the starting Silver Axe+. Distant Counter and Wary Fighter really made him the MVP of the group, seeing as how Soren and Mist were crap at tanking hits.
  • Mist +4 with starting Rexcalibur+, Rally Atk/Spd+, Swift Sparrow 3, and Atk/Spd Ruse. Basically Rallybot, especially for Ike to get Pledged Blade triggered. Never even got a proper weapon before the end...

It's a real shame Forma units can't merge into normal units, cause these guys got some amazing skills to make this hall real breezy.

8 hours ago, Nym said:

Using armors in HoF in a nutshell

r/FireEmblemHeroes - This HoF Sucks lol

Too true.

I think I will send feedback again and ask them to offer multiple skills per slot. Seeing shit like Seals and Ploys is discouraging. If the game is throwing shit skills in, they might as well expand the skill selection per slot so there is a higher chance that a better skill will show up to balance out the shit skills.

Getting good skills more consistently would also encourage players to buy more Forma Souls hopefully.

Edited by XRay

Completed chamber 25 and gave Ike and Greil a bit more work after! Ironically, Ike had the fewest skills in the end here. Mist was my MVP with Soren right behind her. Horses having good movement on top of these two having good Spd and Atk as well just made them so much more useful.

Oh, and yet again not getting any fighter skills or Armor March for the other two didn't help either. 😕 What's the point of giving us armors in this thing if we can't ever give them actual armor skills? Though I must admit Ike got a pretty nice set otherwise.

I've ended with this for now.

Ike - lv. 40, Cake Cutter+ (Atk), Radiant Aether, Flashing Blade 4, Swordbreaker 3, Odd Spd Wave 3, Drive Res 2
Soren - lv, 40+2, Vessel of Cheer+ (Spd), Draw Back, Ruptured Sky, Atk/Spd Form 3, Chill Spd/Def 2, Threaten Atk/Res 4
Greil - lv. 40, Huge Fan+ (Atk), Moonbow, Fury 4, Vantage 3, Joint Hone Def, Quick Reposte 3
Mist - lv. 40+6, Keen Gronnwolf+ (unique refine), Draw Back, Blue Flame, Atk/Def Push 4, Chill Spd 3, Joint Drive Atk, Brazen Atk/Spd 3

Edited by Anacybele