Tempest Trials+: Sands of Time! (Nov 21st)

Diovani Bressan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...The fuck? Where did I say I was mad because this TT is FE6 themed? I specifically said I was annoyed at not having a bonus unit, not annoyed at the theme (even if I do have zero interest in FE6). You need to learn to actually read posts and not how to rudely jump to conclusions.

Also, Ice Dragon expressed disappointment in the bonus units too, why aren't you criticizing him?

You are right. Ice Dragon was also displeased with bonus units. But he didn't express direct criticism at IS for their choice. If they wrote "thanks a lot IS" at the end it would've sounded more rude in my head and I would have quoted them too. 

I guess the criticsm is also implied in his post, but in yours it was more overt. For the sake of fairness I will criticize both of you now. I don't think there is anything to be upset about with the bonus units this time. The majority of them come from the new banner, that's true but that is the case almost always, and to balance it out they put a unit we all received at the beginning of the game as a bonus unit too. If you sent him home for feathers it was your mistake but IS could not have been more fair than literally chosing one of the few units everyone had at some point regardless of when they started playing.

Especially considering that I'm pretty sure there have been TT+ where all bonus units were Five Star locked or Seasonals. This is far better than that.

About the first half of your post:

Yes, I made the assumption that you were complaining about FE6 units in general, and not the fact Raigh and Lugh were chosen to round out the bonus units, which was your actual complaint. That was a mistake on my part.

But to be fair I was under the impression that you didn't build any FE6 units, so even if they picked someone else instead of Raigh and Lugh you would have been in the same situation.

But if you actually have a 5*+10 Roy or Cecilia or Lilina or Bartre or Klein or Idunn or Narcian or well you got what I mean hidden in your askr, than I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions.

But I still think this TT+ is practically immune to criticism for how good a job they did.

Edited by GrandeRampel

6 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Yes, of course it's IS's fault that they made a TT+ about Binding Blade, a game you don't like. How dare they?

Yeah, and how dare someone express even the slightest bit of disappointment, especially when it seemed like we were going to get Farfetched the Third here instead? If we're seriously not allowed even that anymore then I guess you have to yell at me too because I'm also not particularly pleased with this TT+ or the New Heroes banner that it's tied to.

As for me I do have Lugh and Raigh but fuck using him as a 4* with just his base kit for a bonus unit, but I'm definitely not particularly excited to use him.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

But to be fair I was under the impression that you didn't build any FE6 units, so even if they picked someone else instead of Raigh and Lugh you would have been in the same situation.

But if you actually have a 5*+10 Roy or Cecilia or Lilina or Bartre or Klein or Idunn or Narcian or well you got what I mean hidden in your askr, than I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Yeah, that's a very wrong assumption too. I have a 5 star +10 Klein, and I also have Cecilia, Clarine, and two versions of Lilina at 5 star. Not many FE6 units, but I do have a few built. So yeah.

51 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and how dare someone express even the slightest bit of disappointment, especially when it seemed like we were going to get Farfetched the Third here instead? If we're seriously not allowed even that anymore then I guess you have to yell at me too because I'm also not particularly pleased with this TT+ or the New Heroes banner that it's tied to.

This post too. I was fully expecting Farfetched/Brave Redux 3 and I really wanted Shinon. So my disappointment in not getting that didn't help either.

12 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and how dare someone express even the slightest bit of disappointment, especially when it seemed like we were going to get Farfetched the Third here instead?

Farfetched the Third is another matter entirely. I will be disappointed too if that doesn't come because it is a really good idea for a banner. But I think it's a bit soon to complain about that. I still think that it's coming, but I'm ready to eat my words if that doesn't happen.

12 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

If we're seriously not allowed even that anymore then I guess you have to yell at me too because I'm also not particularly pleased with this TT+ or the New Heroes banner that it's tied to.

Of course everyone is allowed to not care for a banner and skip it.

But lurking in this forum for a long time made me think new heroes banner with no alts (especially from less represented games instead of... Awakening for example) were so requested that even if they happen to not be your cup of tea, they would be universally received with positivity. 

EDIT: and now that I think about it. The Sacred Stones banner had Ephraim, the Echoes banner had Catria, and the Mystery one had Sirius. They were all dragged down by an alt. The new BB banner is the first banner to bring 6 completely new units in since... the first three houses one with Edelgard, Dimitri, two Byleths, Claude and Kronya. And before that... I think the banner with Sigurd was the more "recent" one like that. And even then, this one is superior to them because all 6 units came in a matter of three days, while we had to wait longer for the Mythic banner with Male Byleth, and in Sigurd case I'm pretty sure we waited a bit longer for Ayra, Arden or Arvis...at least one of them I think.

That doesn't appear to be the case this time, but I guess it could be because of external matters.

I hope that when the december FEH channel with Farfetched 3 arrives, people will retroactively change their mind about the current banner.

"It wasn't that bad all things considered" is what I'm hoping read in the future, once the disappointment for Farfatched disappears.

Edited by GrandeRampel

I was hoping the tempest trial would be about the orphans since they all starred in the recent tempest trial banner. Lugh, Raigh and Chad haven't yet have a scene where all three are present at the same time, which is a shame because their dynamic specifically as a group is what makes them interesting. Lugh's the good boy, Raigh is the jerk and Chad is the big bro. Raigh and Chad don't like each other but they both like and are liked by Lugh. 

So imagine my disappointment when seeing Igrene who I never cared for. Then I saw Pent and Louis appear and found out I actually didn't mind the orphan bro's sitting this one out. Can't have enough Reglay screentime. 

11 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Of course everyone is allowed to not care for a banner and skip it.

But lurking in this forum for a long time made me think new heroes banner with no alts (especially from less represented games instead of... Awakening for example) were so requested that even if they happen to not be your cup of tea, they would be universally received with positivity. 

Yeah but the thing is, you happen to be talking to a guy who has never been particularly bothered by alts on New Heroes banners. So all I’m left with is that this a FE6 banner, and FE6 happens to be my second least favorite in the series. I’d be at least a little bummed out about it with or without Farfetched in the picture.

Also, it only added one character (Perceval, but even then I can’t get excited for him because he’s another god forsaken lance cav, and another 5* exclusive one too) I remotely care about which naturally didn’t help. The fact that it couldn’t even make room for Dieck (who had better CYL results than all six of the ones who were chosen) really does kinda irk me.

Edited by Tybrosion

• 2 weeks later...

So I was grinding up what little I had left to hit max rewards and was just using Auto-battle with Brave Ike. And of course I keep getting maps with 3+ red units. I had one fail with Palla and Hinata. Sanaki likes to appear too, and I am pretty sure I have seen Selena multiple times. Really? I want to use a green unit as my main auto anchor and you are going to equip everyone with ruby swords and/or TA? Oh well at least I didn't need too many runs to get to max.

Forgot it was the last day and didn't even play for the last several hours. Only realised it after the reset, and it was a nervy 90 minutes as I waited to see whether I landed in the top 10k. I did, just, at 9700-odd. Phew.