Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not sure I want to know how well Elincia, Frederick, and Kieran did. They probably dropped quite a bit because of all the TH desire.

Spoiler

Elincia at least still made it into the top 100 (82nd to be exact) though yeah dropped a bit from CYL3 like most. 

Kieran, for his part, got 7 less votes than Monica. Frederick, meanwhile, tied with Matthis.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idea for a special: 

Spoiler

Could Dimitri's special be Atrocity? Perhaps whenever it triggers he deals effective damage. Mind you I don't know anything about proper balance for this game so I don't know if that'd be too weak or too strong.

Or maybe they save that for his inevitable Legendary version.

Edited by Thane

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Reveal hidden contents

What we can say, though, is that if CYL1's votes were combined in the same way as recent ones (which most people consider more accurate), Ike would have taken first place.

We can't say that, actually. People may have voted differently if they knew the votes were being combined.

39 minutes ago, LukeKardoso said:

ok now will everyone accept that Edelgard is the most popular Lord in the game and the haters are only a loud minority? Really the amount of hate she gets cannot compare to the amount of love she gets from her fans.

As part of that "minority", I will disagree with your comment. 1) Presumably, everyone only gets 7 votes, not accounting for second accounts, bots and whatnot. 2) Majority of players are, presumably, guys and are more inclined to vote for favorite waifu just as, personally speaking, women vote for their favorite husbando. As such, I'm not surprised that Edelgard got more votes.

Also, it's moot to try and say "put to rest" because there are things such as opinions. Unfortunately, facts sometimes aren't enough to sway opinion.

In a contest where people can vote multiple times with multiple accounts and where characters get removed from the pool after already winning once, I wouldn't call anything about this definite.

Like, if we could put Edelgard directly against Lyn and Lucina and Ike and Hector and Dmitri and Claude with only people who've played their game or have enough of an opinion about all those characters voting and each voter only gets one vote on one device, then maybe we could call something definite.

As of now, no. We can't even say for sure if Edelgard beats Lyn in popularity. Besides, 3H still has some recency bias. Let it cool and then let's see who's more popular than who. If we still give a fuck.

30 minutes ago, Thane said:

Idea for a special: 

Reveal hidden contents

Could Dimitri's special be Atrocity? Perhaps whenever it triggers he deals effective damage. Mind you I don't know anything about proper balance for this game so I don't know if that'd be too weak or too strong.

I thought that too, but I think it'd be too broken a skill.

32 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

Elincia at least still made it into the top 100 (82nd to be exact) though yeah dropped a bit from CYL3 like most. 

Kieran, for his part, got 7 less votes than Monica. Frederick, meanwhile, tied with Matthis.

That's nice to know about Elincia! But Kieran's and Freddy's placements don't sound so good, yeah. I don't know who Matthis is.

35 minutes ago, Thane said:

Idea for a special: 

Reveal hidden contents

I think just making it a base effect on his weapon instead of a special is better. Just make it conditional though so it's not too broken

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's nice to know about Elincia! But Kieran's and Freddy's placements don't sound so good, yeah. I don't know who Matthis is.

Matthis is a cavalier from the Archanea who is the brother of Lena (who you may have heard of). He's essentially a proto-Makalov (in that he is also a loser of a brother), but is just kinda dimwitted instead of being a complete dirtbag.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Matthis is a cavalier from the Archanea who is the brother of Lena (who you may have heard of). He's essentially a proto-Makalov (in that he is also a loser of a brother), but is just kinda dimwitted instead of being a complete dirtbag.

I see... Yeah, just as Etrurian Emperor said, doesn't sound like I'm missing much.

Always gonna think Freddy deserves more love than he gets (technically the same with Kieran, but I can more understand why he wouldn't be super popular. He lacks depth), but yeah.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Always gonna think Freddy deserves more love than he gets (technically the same with Kieran, but I can more understand why he wouldn't be super popular. He lacks depth), but yeah.

Kieran at least did better than his green buddy Oscar who

Spoiler

only got 144 votes which tied him with Yukimura and Yuliya (also from the Archanea games, and only Mystery of the Emblem and its remake at that, if you don't know who she is).

Edited by Tybrosion

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Hide contents

only got 144 votes which tied him with Yukimura and Yuliya (also from the Archanea games, and only Mystery of the Emblem and its remake at that, if you don't know who she is).

Poor Kieran got so little votes making his chances to get into the game this year extremely little :/. Oh well, better hope next year more people will be ralied for him

Edited by Gordin

It's normal for us to want that our favorite characters get more love than they or they don't get.

It's just not everyone sees each character with the same eyes. What can be amazing for you, can be boring for me and vice-versa.

I don't have any character that I think deserves more love than it gets... or maybe I just that I don't care about others says about the characters I like. I live a happy life this way.

10 hours ago, Etheus said:

So, how does everyone see themselves voting next year?

Spoiler

I think I’ll stick with Bernadetta next year. This year’s winners are pretty boring for the most part. 

As for other CYL-related things....

Spoiler

Let me guess...

- Sword of Seiros and a Crest of Seiros skill or dagger for Edelgard (armored or infantry)

- Made up blue tome, Thunderbrand, Axe of Ukonsavara or Thyrsus for Lysithea (infantry)

- Made-up Axe, Sword of Begalta or dagger for Claude (cav or flier)

- Colorless dagger, made-up sword or made-up lance based on Loog for Dimitri (infantry or flier)

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Idea for a special: 

Hide contents

Spoiler

They will probably save it. Though I could see them both getting it if they choose to make it a Prf Skill. But I'm expecting the usual Prf A or B Skill (we haven't seen a C Skill yet for a Brave)~

33 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Hide contents

Well that's no surprise. Oscar is already in the game. Kieran isn't.

1 hour ago, SockPuppet said:

is FE8 Selena? She was one of the higher contenders last year in terms of units not yet in Heroes, and the highest villain overall.

I hope so, she's very underrated and needs more love.

Is it really shocking that Edelgard did so well?  While she has her fans, remember that this is a gacha game, where female characters always are more popular than male characters due to waifu factor.

I’m pretty sure a lot of people who play Heroes don’t play console Fire Emblem, so they see Edelgard and think “that’s waifu material!” and vote for her. 

I think waifu factor was a deciding factor in Edelgard’s victory and the proof of that is the fact that Plumeria, a character with zero presence in the game did so well in the poll. Again, this is a gacha game, so it’s possible that a lot of people voted for Edelgard for waifu reasons and not because they like her as a character.

Edited by Water Mage

31 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Is it really shocking that Edelgard did so well?  While she has her fans, remember that this is a gacha game, where female characters always are more popular than male characters due to waifu factor.

I’m pretty sure a lot of people who play Heroes don’t play console Fire Emblem, so they see Edelgard and think “that’s waifu material!” and vote for her. 

I think waifu factor was a deciding factor in Edelgard’s victory and the proof of that is the fact that Plumeria, a character with zero presence in the game did so well in the poll. Again, this is a gacha game, so it’s possible that a lot of people voted for Edelgard for waifu reasons and not because they like her as a character.

While there may be some accuracy to this in general, I don't think it holds up well in this context.

CYL 1 - Lyn and Ike (combined) score very close to each other.

CYL 2 - Hector and Celica score very close to each other, with Hector getting more. Ephraim also scores more than Veronica.

CYL 3 - Alm is #1 by a good margin.

When a brand new game comes out and all four winners come from that game, it seems very reductionist to say the female winner is just "waifu material."

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

While there may be some accuracy to this in general, I don't think it holds up well in this context.

CYL 1 - Lyn and Ike (combined) score very close to each other.

CYL 2 - Hector and Celica score very close to each other, with Hector getting more. Ephraim also scores more than Veronica.

CYL 3 - Alm is #1 by a good margin.

When a brand new game comes out and all four winners come from that game, it seems very reductionist to say the female winner is just "waifu material."

I’m not saying it’s only “waifu factor” that mattered in her victory, but it was a major part. 

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

Wait did the top 100 get leaked or just the top 10? I can't seem to find anything but the top 10.

3 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Wait did the top 100 get leaked or just the top 10? I can't seem to find anything but the top 10.

The entire results did. Here they are if you want to see them:

Spoiler

Edited by Tybrosion