Special Heroes: The Start of It All

NSSKG151

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone looks great. Kind of tempted to pull for at least the Whitewing Sisters. Also, it looks like Minerva is going to be our Tempest Trial freebie unit.

Edited by NSSKG151

Oh wow, Caeda's weapon looks freaking INSANE. Her and the Whitewing trio are the definite winners here. I feel like Marth somehow got the short end of the stick...which is very disappointing. But, hey, at least he's easier to summon since he comes at a lower rarity. Merric seems like an improvement over his regular self, and Minerva being free is nice, so, hopefully she's good. The only character I feel like is missing from their chosen group is Elice; she always seems so left out, unfortunately. Regardless, Marth, Caeda, the Whitewing trio, Merric, and Minerva is a darn good crew to represent the origins of Fire Emblem. I kinda want every single one of them.

>triple heroes, basically

Loooool

Since this is Merric's first alt, this apparently means he got weaker as he got older, lol

Marth being the 4-star focus is good news for me, because he's the only one I remotely care about.

EDIT: Caeda's "effective against pretty much half the weapon types" sword though

Edited by Sunwoo

They're all really cute. The premium ones all have some flashy abilities, but nothing I need enough to get in the way of saving for Fjorm's rerun next month. I'll pull for Marth, though, and maybe Caeda will tag along? Not sure whether I'll go for blue or green if I get any sessions with no reds.

Minerva being the TT is great, I've been long frustrated by the dilemma of not having her while not being able to justify pulling for her original version. Which... huh. The other three launch units I'm missing are Leo, Linde, and Lucina, and I have alts of all of them, so this will mean I'll finally have some version of all the launch characters. That's really neat!

(Looking past launch to the rest of the Book 1, though, I still don't have any versions of Olwen, Eldigan, Karel, Mist, Dierdre, or Lute. Or Charlotte, but she's seasonal only so that's a bit different.)

I am happy for 4* Marth. I will summon in every red orb possible. I was right to expect normal Rapier, which is still a great weapon.

I kinda expect Caeda to have low Atk, because she has 5 "effective against" effects... And when I say low Atk, mean around 32-34.

Merric being here makes me happy, and he looks to be a good unit as well.

The Whitewings are adorable... And those Skills? Amazing!

Curious about Minerva. That's not Hauteclere that she is holding... I wonder what effect it has...

Just now, Othin said:

They're all really cute. The premium ones all have some flashy abilities, but nothing I need enough to get in the way of saving for Fjorm's rerun next month. I'll pull for Marth, though, and maybe Caeda will tag along? Not sure whether I'll go for blue or green if I get any sessions with no reds.

Minerva being the TT is great, I've been long frustrated by the dilemma of not having her while not being able to justify pulling for her original version. Which... huh. The other three launch units I'm missing are Leo, Linde, and Lucina, and I have alts of all of them, so this will mean I'll finally have some version of all the launch characters. That's really neat!

(Looking past launch to the rest of the Book 1, though, I still don't have any versions of Olwen, Eldigan, Karel, Mist, Dierdre, or Lute. Or Charlotte, but she's seasonal only so that's a bit different.)

Huh, looking back over the launch lineup, Minerva was also the last launch 5* exclusive to get an alt, so now they all have at least one.

I dislike Est and Catria, but PALLA YAY. She's leading, so I can tolerate her sisters being there. Besides, it makes sense anyway, they ARE sisters. I'm gonna try for Palla for sure.

Why does Minerva have a wyvern though? She said she rode a Pegasus when she was younger.

Edited by Anacybele

I’m definitely interested in the fliers, and I’ll probably end up with a Marth or two on the way.

I was very worried that I’d have to dig into my depleted DC stash, but Caeda comes with it in her base kit. Sweet. I can give one to Lilith without regrets.

Lol "Pantless" Marth has a reskinned Fire Emblem.

Lol Mini Caeda is overpowered as all hell let loose.

Lol Merric looks dumb in his hat. Wait shit he makes Windsweep good, SHI-

Lol Duo Heroes didn't even go a full year before we began getting TRIO Heroes. Also Triangle Attack Spear looks... kinda scary actually. And actually she just looks frightening in general, who's idea was it to give her a recharging Movement-based Trio skill???

Lol we know nothing about Mini-nerva. (She might be my next Grail 5* +10 if she's good though)

Lol Marth is the 4* demote and actually looks like a good demote unit, all things we know about him considered.

Lol so much for my small but growing orb stash.

Lol.

Edited by Xenomata

It's a cute banner but it seems that IS had kids design the units for them given how broken they are overall (young kids typically don't play fair when playing their own games!). I wouldn't be surprised if the extreme powercreep would turn off more players.

Young Marth is by far the most tame on the banner though he is the 4* unit.

Duo Palla isn't too bad (her Duo skill is fliers only and Legend Azura exists) and her weapon is clearly built around the Triangle Attack. Gotta love how Catria and Est are tagging along with her!

Young Merric is likely going to be annoying if you can't player phase him since his tome has an easy-to-meet NFU effect and he also starts off with Swift Sparrow 3 and Windsweep, making him practically a Firesweep mage that can bypass follow-up canceling effects.

Young Caeda is the problem child of the bunch -- it seems analogous to the kid who creates an overpowered character to give themselves an overly unfair advantage over other players. A Prf weapon with Atk +3, Vantage 3 + Vantage vs. anything she has a killer effect on, armorkiller, swordkiller, lancekiller, axekiller, and colorless bowkiller. A Prf passive that makes her hit harder and makes her bulkier while tanking. She's possibly going to be a nightmare to fight against in Arena and Arena Assault. I just hope that there are some clear weaknesses beyond blue (Firesweep) archers.

VS sword (armor): 1.5x Atk
VS axe (armor): 1.8x Atk
VS lance (armor): 1.2x Atk
VS colorless bow (armor): 1.5x Atk
VS axe (armor) w/ TA3: 2.1x Atk
VS lance (armor) w/ TA3: 0.9x Atk

Young Minerva being the TT unit could be a nice change of pace -- way too many common unit types from the grail offerings lately and Minerva appears to have a new Prf weapon.

So here we have them, the baby army to join with Baby Azura has arrived!

Marth is pretty good for a 4* unit. Sure, his SI potential isn't all that great but Rapier and not Fire Emblem are more than enough to carry him. 

Caeda is just disgusting. Only daggers and mages don't get hit with her effectiveness (unless they're armored), and we all know those two classes aren't known for being bulky, and her Prf also has Vantage built-in. Her B-skill is...eh, it is a worse Lull and that's about it. Still, premium fodder and premium weapon, she'll probably be min-maxed too.

Merric is...interesting. His Prf is great with the conditional NFU, but his special is...eh. The Spd check makes it strong as shown by Regnal Astra but the heal doesn't seem that good, but maybe I'm wrong and it can be pretty busted considering the special is basically at 1 CD. Windsweep+NFU is pretty bonkers, though.

The pegasus trio is pretty tame, all things considered. It is basically an upgrade to Palla by removing the TA effect and changing it with an enemy debuff. Everything else is eh, Duo skill included. They'll shine in Flier Emblem comps, but be eh everywhere else.

Also, Baby Minerva is sooo WRONG! She should be riding a pegasus, not a wyvern! 

Yuu Kobayashi's voice is a little too easy to recognize. Can't say I agree with that choice as she sounds a bit "sharp" for Marth but I suppose it's thematic. 

As much as I want Caeda, I think I'll wait until for her rerun on the Double Special Heroes banner.