NSSKG151

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

And Meric doesn't seem to be sick. 

Kinda shaky lore this time around. 

Well the paralogue explained the Merric part, so it's not really shaky lore in that regard. I thought the little explanation for the sparkles/their insane powers was kinda cute.

4 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

Well the paralogue explained the Merric part, so it's not really shaky lore in that regard. I thought the little explanation for the sparkles/their insane powers was kinda cute.

Does it? It explains the kids being super powerful but its not really suggested that whatever drugs Thor gave them also fixed their health issues. In Fire Emblem great power doesn't necessarily cure your health. Lyon and Jullius still suffer from bad health even after possessed by Satan. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Does it? It explains the kids being super powerful but its not really suggested that whatever drugs Thor gave them also fixed their health issues. In Fire Emblem great power doesn't necessarily cure your health. Lyon and Jullius still suffer from bad health even after possessed by Satan. 

Lyon wasn't in frail health during his possession. It was before and after he lost it. If anything I'd think you'd be worse off after being possessed by an evil entity, so I'm not really sure your point.

Also it's not really a far stretch to think that Thor easily fixed said health issues—they're glowing. Haha. And Loki specifically said that Thorr loves to take pity on and help the small and weak, which to me suggests fixing the things that make someone weak, including health. I don't think it needs to be spelled out in a mobile game, it's not hard to take a half-step in implied logic here. 

Edit: He mentions having been sick in his quotes!

Edited by Kiran_

...5% pity rate.

After I decided to try a few more times for Palla after all the work I did today on a school project. 😞 This is the worst luck I've had in the game in a long time.

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...5% pity rate.

After I decided to try a few more times for Palla after all the work I did today on a school project. 😞 This is the worst luck I've had in the game in a long time.

You are almost there! Hopefully you get TSOIA!Palla soon and not some other unit.

I wish Special Heroes Foci got the 40 Summons for guaranteed Focus summon too. It would help a lot.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

You are almost there! Hopefully you get TSOIA!Palla soon and not some other unit.

I wish Special Heroes Foci got the 40 Summons for guaranteed Focus summon too. It would help a lot.

Maybe. I'm up to 5.25% now after getting some CC orbs. Yeah, I really want this Palla, she's adorable and Palla's one of my fav Archaneans. And even though I don't care for her sisters as characters, they're cute kids too.

Yeah, isn't that the truth right now!

Edited by Anacybele

Used up around 120 orbs and in the very last circle I got Caeda (+Atk/-Spd), Marth at 5* (+Res/-Spd) and my first Rath. I'll take it even if Caeda isn't ideal, since I really wanted her.

9 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

And Meric doesn't seem to be sick. 

Kinda shaky lore this time around. 

And aside from the lore, giving her a pegasus and a lance (or even a sword, she actually came with a Levin Sword in the first game) instead of a wyvren would just make her aestetically more distinct from her already existing older self.

got insane luck and managed to pull everyone under 70 orbs or so. I even got two kid Caedas. Granted one is -Atk/+Res and the other is +Hp/-Def but I'll take what I can take. I got pity broken by Owain but with trash IVs. 

Edited by Miminako

As per usual for me, not having much luck on this banner. Nothing on my free summon, and orbs aren't giving me anything. It sucks more because I also have a 7.50% pity rate going on the Special Double Heroes banner, so now I have to debate trying to break that rate, or keep trying here for one of these characters.

10 hours ago, Perkilator said:

I got Young Marth on my first pull from the banner:

As Claude says, the gods of fortune were smiling on me.

I got him on my first pull too though he was four stars, which I found a bit weird. Are characters usually demoted while their banner is still on going? Never happened to me before.

31 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I got him on my first pull too though he was four stars, which I found a bit weird. Are characters usually demoted while their banner is still on going? Never happened to me before.

New-ish. This is the new system they're going with, where the designated demote starts at 4-5* on their launch banner and is classified as a 4* Focus unit as well . Started in February I think, with Valentine's Conrad. Rath, Spring Narcian, Ferdinand and Forrest got the same treatment I think. As part of the changes, the unit then also auto-demotes to 3-4* immediately once their banner concludes, though for seasonal units like Marth and Narcian this doesn't mean anything obviously.

The upshot of this is that on a standard 4-unit banner, you have 4 times as much chance of pulling the demote as a 4-star (3%) than as a 5-star (0.75%)

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

New-ish. This is the new system they're going with, where the designated demote starts at 4-5* on their launch banner and is classified as a 4* Focus unit as well . Started in February I think, with Valentine's Conrad. Rath, Spring Narcian, Ferdinand and Forrest got the same treatment I think. As part of the changes, the unit then also auto-demotes to 3-4* immediately once their banner concludes, though for seasonal units like Marth and Narcian this doesn't mean anything obviously.

The upshot of this is that on a standard 4-unit banner, you have 4 times as much chance of pulling the demote as a 4-star (3%) than as a 5-star (0.75%)

So it's just one of the banner units? Essentially it's the old system only instead of waiting for the banner to end they demote the unit right away.

25 minutes ago, Jotari said:

So it's just one of the banner units? Essentially it's the old system only instead of waiting for the banner to end they demote the unit right away.

Yes, well that and the immediate demotion rather than having to wait an entire year to go to 3-4*.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

That, and the fact that it applies to seasonal units as well: note that this is a Special Heroes banner, not a New Heroes one. As Special Heroes, they still won't be available in the normal pool at any rarity, but it does mean there's a chance to summon them at 4*.

One thing that's significant is that because the 4* focus rate is the same as the total 5* focus rate, but concentrated on one unit instead of four, the 4* focus unit shows up as much as the four 5* focus units put together. So the overall rate of getting the demoted unit is five times as much as normal.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

He's not demoted, he's the 4* Focus, this is a Special Heroes Banner. Marth isn't going to be in the normal pool.

35 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

He's not demoted, he's the 4* Focus, this is a Special Heroes Banner. Marth isn't going to be in the normal pool.

Well that's just because he's a seasonal and not  because of the new system, right? I assume he'll also be four stars when he comes around again this time next year.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Well that's just because he's a seasonal and not  because of the new system, right? I assume he'll also be four stars when he comes around again this time next year.

We don't know for sure how they'll handle special heroes revivals, but it's certainly possible. And yeah, that's just regular seasonal fare. 

So the earliest possible rerun for Caeda on a double special heroes banner will be in October if they skip LG!Conrad. I personally doubt that'll happen so December it is.

Edited by Flying Shogi

4 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

So the earliest possible rerun for Caeda on a double special heroes banner will be in October if they skip LG!Conrad. I personally doubt that'll happen so December it is.

I don't think they're super likely to put the demotes on those banners, personally. Maybe they'll find a different way to rerun them? Like having them available at a better rate alongside old seasonals that similarly have weak kits that don't seem appealing at a typical 3% rate. 

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, that is most likely.

51 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think they're super likely to put the demotes on those banners, personally. Maybe they'll find a different way to rerun them? Like having them available at a better rate alongside old seasonals that similarly have weak kits that don't seem appealing at a typical 3% rate. 

I'm just not convinced they're going to be that generous so I'm keeping my expectations low. If they decide to rerun them in a way that won't reset the focus rate, then great. But who knows, they've shown that they do whatever they want so anything's possible.