Special Heroes Silhouettes!

Anacybele

What the...? These don't look like brides. OR grooms. It looks like more yukatas/kimonos like at NY or that Hoshidan Summer dancer banner. So...what is this? Any ideas?

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a Hoshidan knot.

Maybe it's someone like Oboro, wearing a Hoshidan-style wedding dress. If this is even a bridal banner.

Traditional Japanese wedding theme this time around. It's something different.

I cannot tell who the characters are from the silhouettes. And one of them appears to have some sort of... boomerang (new dagger weapon?).

It certainly has a more eastern feel this time, but it still fits on the whole wedding theme. 

435px-TakaoWedding.png

For example, this character is Takao from AL, and these are the clothes she wears if you "Marry" her in that game. The character on the right gives me similar feelings to the image above. 

As for who's in the image. No idea, I can't really think of anyone outside of a surprise Say'ri.

Edited by Alexmender

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

And one of them appears to have some sort of... boomerang (new dagger weapon?).

Doesn't looks like a boomerang to me... Looks to be something broken in the middle... Basically, the damage art.

Wow, Japanese weddings must be boring if they wear the exact same thing for those that they do at New Years and summer festivals. Kimonos and yukatas are pretty, but really, where's the variety? At least us westerners are different for each occasion.

Seriously, don't get me wrong, like I said, kimonos and yukatas can be pretty. But are they the only celebratory clothes Japanese wear?

I prefer our western wedding gowns though, so I'm disappointed they're not being used this time, if this is indeed still brides and grooms. I'll also be disappointed if this is an all Fates banner, because it hasn't been that long since the last Fates banner and that game still already has a ton of seasonal units.

Edited by Anacybele

Not sure why my mind went morbid, but it looks a floating chainsaw amputating someone's arm to me when I first saw it.

To the far right looks like a sheathed katana.

I was not sure if it is a bridal Focus either, but people mentioning Japanese bridal outfits does seem to make sense.

6 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I cannot tell who the characters are from the silhouettes. And one of them appears to have some sort of... boomerang (new dagger weapon?).

That thing reminds me of a chainsaw when I first saw it, but boomerang seems more likely than chainsaw. Still not sure what it is though. It has a very interesting shape.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, Japanese weddings must be boring if they wear the exact same thing for those that they do at New Years and summer festivals. Kimonos and yukatas are pretty, but really, where's the variety? At least us westerners are different for each occasion.

Seriously, don't get me wrong, like I said, kimonos and yukatas can be pretty. But are they the only celebratory clothes Japanese wear?

I prefer our western wedding gowns though, so I'm disappointed they're not being used this time, if this is indeed still brides and grooms. I'll also be disappointed if this is an all Fates banner, because it hasn't been that long since the last Fates banner and that game still already has a ton of seasonal units.

That sounds insensitive. There are a variety of styles. While they may all look similar to you, they look pretty different to me.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

That sounds insensitive. There are a variety of styles. While they may all look similar to you, they look pretty different to me.

A little insensitive, maybe. But they still look too similar to me.

That bride Alexmender posted a picture of actually looks nice though.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

A little insensitive, maybe. But they still look too similar to me.

That bride Alexmender posted a picture of actually looks nice though.

You're not required to post every single thought that comes to your mind on a public forum, you know.

Things like, "Japanese weddings must be boring if they wear the same thing they do at New Years and summer festivals," when you don't actually KNOW anything about Japanese weddings, is something best kept to yourself.

About the silhouettes, I'm kind of hoping for Oboro but at the same time not, because I REALLY wanted to skip bridal banner this month. If she's the tempest trial reward, that'd be great though. Only question is whether the entire thing will be Hoshidan-themed, or if they'll put in some others. Sigurd and Deirdre as a duo hero pair would be REALLY swell.

Hmm... let us not forget that in NY Selkie’s meet the heroes, it describes her garb as being one that Brides specifically wear. I think at least a few of the units being Hoshidan is a lock, though the rest certainly don’t have to be.

The head on the right seems very specific. Not much volume going on, could limit the choices. 

I have seen predictions of Saizo, Oboro, Hinata, Sonya... interesting. My orbs indeed may not be safe. 

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Sigurd and Deirdre as a duo hero pair would be REALLY swell.

This would be cool, yeah. I'd totally pull for Sigurd, he's cool and deserves a cool alt.

Didn't realize this until now, but the silhouette on the left could be a dude. Saizo and Hinata may have hair like that.

Edited by Sunwoo

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

About the silhouettes, I'm kind of hoping for Oboro but at the same time not, because I REALLY wanted to skip bridal banner this month. If she's the tempest trial reward, that'd be great though. Only question is whether the entire thing will be Hoshidan-themed, or if they'll put in some others. Sigurd and Deirdre as a duo hero pair would be REALLY swell.

I really doubt the whole banner (plus the freebie) will be Hoshidan characters. One of the main attractions of these seasonal themes is that they have an excuse to dress any character in Japanese outfits.

I guess we all agreed with Japanese vestiment already and I can see a katana sheet.

I wasn't looking forward to getting more Fates units at the moment but..

The right one might be Hina because of the hair + katana. This is my only guess.

On the other hand, I can't picture what is this at all:

image.png.eba5cd479a3d8d661cee53bb86ba7f0b.png

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Western suits are worse. Literally the exact same.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

I guess we all agreed with Japanese vestiment already and I can see a katana sheet.

I wasn't looking forward to getting more Fates units at the moment but..

The right one might be Hina because of the hair + katana. This is my only guess.

On the other hand, I can't picture what is this at all:

image.png.eba5cd479a3d8d661cee53bb86ba7f0b.png

First thing that came to mind was the character of Sango from Inuyasha, who uses a boomerang-type weapon.

px7fKLU.jpg