Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

You also don't have Convert in there, but a certain character will have to survive a very hard map later in Ruben's LP to see it. 

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

52 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Wait, 7? There is Marth, Shiida, Tiki and Celica. Navarre and Gharnef are NPC only.

You forget Linde and Minerva. They were added later on as DLC. Navarre also became playable then.

11 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

It was a fair try. But i don't think anyone has all of them memorized.

Definitely easy to forget some of them. I mean, remember Slow? I wish I didn't remember it!

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

You also don't have Convert in there, but a certain character will have to survive a very hard map later in Ruben's LP to see it. 

Hey. Have faith in me. I have faith in me. Against my better judgment.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Also Iaido, Guard, Throw, Windsweep, Blade, Lance, Paragon, Imbue, Silence, Resistor, Protector, Climber, Our Bond, Mug, Mug+, Search, Obfuscation, Watchful, Steal, Prepared, Armshift, Overwatch, Deadeye, Horselover, Horse-Swap and Limited.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, BrightBow said:

Also Iaido, Guard, Throw, Windsweep, Blade, Lance, Paragon, Imbue, Silence, Resistor, Protector, Climber, Our Bond, Mug, Mug+, Search, Obfuscation, Watchful and Steal.

...Resistor? What even is Resistor?

Forgot about Flourish, Robbery and Search. Also Astra.

Edit: Wait, neither of us listed Desperation? Really?
Edit2: Also Pulverize.
Edit3: And Mercy, Shieldfaire, One-Two, Triple Shot / Double Shot, Fortune, Knock Away

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Forgot about Flourish, Robbery and Search. Also Astra.

Edit: Wait, neither of us listed Desperation? Really?
Edit2: Also Pulverize.

I think Robust and Mercy also got missed, but I could be wrong. Hey. Berwick skills are kind of like Pokemon. There's ones everyone just forgets about, ones that you wish you could forget about, and your favourites.

Just now, The Roger The Paladin said:

There's ones everyone just forgets about, ones that you wish you could forget about, and your favourites.

Overwatch and Hide. It's impossible to forget those, mostly due to the PTSD involved.

Also Return. Because the mark of a good healer is that they bail out before the map is over.

I mean, I can come up with a few ideas that'd make that very handy. If circumstances aligned, and I had two healers deployed I'd use it to lure a particularly dangerous enemy to a far off corner of a large map... have Owen escape robbing him of his quarry, and then by the time he gets back all his buddies are dead and he's overwhelmed. Shame I can't think of any map where that'd work.... possibly due to lack of familiarity.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Escape maps.

I am aware. Every character in this game has some strengths and weaknesses. Owen is fantastic on maps with a turn limit and bad everywhere else.
...especially in chapter 12-2.

Also forgot about Evasion.

Edited by BrightBow

I am aware. Every character in this game has some strengths and weaknesses. Owen is fantastic on maps with a turn limit and bad everywhere else.

I'm not sure if I'd call him "bad". I'd say it's more like "fantastic on maps with a turn limit, all right everywhere else". Izerna starts bad, but gets good with time and investment. Saphira... is a different beast altogether.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

...also in chapter 12-2.

...Okay, maybe I would call him bad there, yeah.

1 minute ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

If circumstances aligned, and I had two healers deployed I'd use it to lure a particularly dangerous enemy to a far off corner of a large map... have Owen escape robbing him of his quarry, and then by the time he gets back all his buddies are dead and he's overwhelmed. Shame I can't think of any map where that'd work.... possibly due to lack of familiarity.

The other problem would be that he has the Cleric movement type, meaning that he only has 3 movement and takes big terrain penalties.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

The other problem would be that he has the Cleric movement type, meaning that he only has 3 movement and takes big terrain penalties.

This is why I liked to use troubadours in the GBA games. That horse was worth the losses elsewhere. Most of the time.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Saphira... is a different beast altogether.

I used her as my only healer in my PMU. Since she rode the top of her Mag bracket, I got a second magical nuke (37 attack power!) for the last few maps. She deleted a lot of endgame enemies pretty well. That cap of 30 light skill before promotion is terrible, and quite possibly her biggest limiting factor.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well Brawl was just Meta Knight: The Game.

But when I'm referring to speed, I'm more referring to good frame data. Peach isn't a fast rushdown character but she still has pretty good frame data, which is why she's considered good.

This pretty much.

12 minutes ago, Spara said:

I used her as my only healer in my PMU. Since she rode the top of her Mag bracket, I got a second magical nuke (37 attack power!) for the last few maps. She deleted a lot of endgame enemies pretty well. That cap of 30 light skill before promotion is terrible, and quite possibly her biggest limiting factor.

Honestly, all three of the healers have their perks. I'm an Owen fan, personally, but they can all be of use.

6 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Thank god snow doesn’t have terrain effects in this game. glares in fe7

INdeed. There's only one terrain map in all of FE6, thank heavens. Granted, it is a terrible one, though.

Edited by Benice

7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Thank god snow doesn’t have terrain effects in this game. glares in fe7

Oh yeah, in FE6 it's just a pretty color palette. One of the things I feel FE6 did better than 7 - it did not have the obnoxious weather maps that were just glorified desert maps except even mages weren't spared the low-move fun.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

INdeed. There's only one terrain map in all of FE6, thank heavens. Granted, it is a terrible one, though.

Is it bad that I find Arcadia to be a rather palatable desert map...? Yeah. I feel it's not that bad, as far as desert maps go. It could be That Fucker Gotoh's Desert Hell. I am... so afraid of that map...

Edited by Saint Rubenio