Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I disagree with this. School time with a pain and all, but we atleast know when to listen to science and don't spout bullshit like flat earth or covidiots

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Why do people like Jill so much, actually? She's perfectly fine as a characteer, but I'm confused as to why she's considered truly exceptional.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Why do people like Jill so much, actually? She's perfectly fine as a characteer, but I'm confused as to why she's considered truly exceptional.

While she's not my favorite Tellius character, I do really like her character arc and development in Path of Radiance.
In general, I think she's one of the better written FE characters.

/Shrimpramblings 

Pushing further into that strange continent, we encounter living beings we never encountered before. magic only spoken of in fantasy...

And more importantly, natural resources we are in dire need of. Clean water, clean air, and an abundance of nature.

Nature the former generations of our civilization all but consumed and destroyed on our continent in our path to our current technological advancement.

The forces under my control for this operation are:

The Airforce. Able to call in airstrikes, these strike our enemies with precision after i point them to a target.

The Scouts. Highly mobile infantry that are almost able to match enemy cavalary in movement speed, they wear light armor and wield Rifles. Like their namesake, they are primarly for scouting and sniping enemy support and then retreating behind our elite forces.

The Troopers. Highly armored and equipped, these elite infantry are slower then Scouts and even most of the enemy forces, but they pack a punch. Armed with machine guns and Rocket launchers, nothing can stand in their path.

The Medics. No army can survive without healing their injured. Unlike the enemy's miraculous healing that seem to instantly heal wounds, our medicine takes time for the effects to apply. Although equipped with guns to defend themselves in worst case scenario, they shouldn't face combat directly.

The Snipers. Stealthy and deadly, they are able to snipe of the enemy from far away. The most elite of them are even able to snipe the riders of those pesky flying horses and dragons.

The Mortars. Highly immobile and slow, they can attack from even farther away and deal area of effect damage. Promoted mortars with can even strike targets outside their range, if scouts can pinpoint an enemy's location. Their main weakness is that they need time to replinish their ammo and reload.

The Engineers. Able to replinish ammo of nearby forces faster, repair vehicles, detect traps and repair destroyed pathways, their support is invaluable.

The Spies. Undedected by most of the enemies, they can go undedected right under their noses and steal information and equipment from the enemy. Some are even able to seduce or blackmail enemy soldiers. Beware the enemies with mental capbilities or those with high smelling abilities.

The Vehicles. Ranging from APCs that can transport our troops fast on the battlefield to Tanks with all different kind of weapons, from Flamethrowers to Smoke cannons that reduce vision, these forces might be small in number, but also immune to the enemy's non-magical and non-anti-armor attacks. 

The Drones. While usually on the weaker side, they are immune to the enemy illussion and mind magic. Having one in every deployment ensures that our squads don't fall to the enemy's strange tactics.

Pushing in to the enemy's capital, the Demon prince and the unified forces of the continent are awaiting us. The decisive battle is ahead of us. If i can capture the capital here, the continent is as good as ours...

Yet i can't help but think, that if our ancestors instead of destroying each other and nature, came together like how the different races and cultures of this strange continent lived together in harmony and peace before we waged war on them, we might've been visiting this very same capital to build up political relations instead of invading them.

But we have to deal with the cards life dealt us.

''Commander, the troops are ready!'' I hear my aide telling me.

''Alright, give the orders. We are going to capture the enemy's capital and defeat the enemy commanders! Soon, We will head home victorious!''

And so the decisive battle starts.

/Shrimpramblings end.

Just more stuff from my Tech vs. Fantasy idea lol.

44 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

By the way @Shrimperor: What did you think of The Elf and the Hunter's Item Atelier?
Think it's worth following further?

Umu! I added it to my follow list^^

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

/Shrimpramblings 

Pushing further into that strange continent, we encounter living beings we never encountered before. magic only spoken off in fantasy...

And more importantly, natural resources we are in dire need of. Clean water, clean air, and an abundance of nature.

Nature the former generations of our civilization all but consumed and destroyed on our continent in our path to our current technological advancement.

The Airforce. Able to call in airstrikes, these strike our enemies with precision after i point them to a target.

The Scouts. Highly mobile infantry that are almost able to match enemy cavalary in movement speed, they wear light armor and wield Rifles. Like their namesake, they are primarly for scouting and sniping enemy support and then retreating behind our elite forces.

The Troopers. Highly armored and equipped, these elite infantry are slower then Scouts and even most of the enemy forces, but they pack a punch. Armed with machine guns and Rocket launchers, nothing can stand in their path.

The Medics. No army can survive without healing their injured. Unlike the enemy's miraculous healing that seem to instantly heal wounds, our medicine takes time for the effects to apply. Although equipped with guns to defend themselves in worst case scenario, they shouldn't face combat directly.

The Snipers. Stealthy and deadly, they are able to snipe of the enemy from far away. The most elite of them are even able to snipe the riders of those pesky flying horses and dragons.

The Mortars. Highly immobile and slow, they can attack from even farther away and deal area of effect damage. Promoted mortars with can even strike targets outside their range, if scouts can pinpoint an enemy's location. Their main weakness is that they need time to replinish their ammo and reload.

The Engineers. Able to replinish ammo of nearby forces faster, repair vehicles, detect traps and repair destroyed pathways, their support is invaluable.

The Spies. Undected by most of the enemies, they can  go undected right under their noses and steal information and equipment from the enemy. Some are even able to seduce or blackmail enemy soldiers. Beware the enemies with mental capbilities or those with high smelling abilities.

The Vehicles. Ranging from APCs that can transport our troops fast on the battlefield to Tanks with all different kind of weapons, from Flamethrowers to Smoke cannons that reduce vision, these forces might be small in number, but also immune to the enemy's non-magical and non-anti-armor attacks. 

The Drones. While usually on the weaker side, they are immune to the enemy illussion and mind magic. Having one in every deployment ensures that our squads don't fall to the enemy's strange tactics.

Pushing in to the enemy's capital, the Demon prince and the unified forces of the continent are awaiting us. The decisive battle is ahead of us. If i can capture the capital here, the continent is as good as ours...

Yet i can't help but think, that if our ancestors instead of destroying each other and nature, came together like how the different races and cultures of this strange continent lived together in harmony and peace before we waged war on them, we might've been visiting this very same capital to build up political relations instead of invading them.

''Alright, give the orders. We are going to capture the enemy's capital and defeat the enemy commanders! Soon, We will head home victorious!''

/Shrimpramblings end.

Sadly, there is no sincere applause gif (they all come across as very sarcastic, which is decidedly not my intention), else I would have posted it, because this stuff is awesome. 👍
Can this be a thing?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Umu! I added it to my follow list^^

Nice, nice! Glad you're enjoying it, too! ^^
If it keeps up this way, it MIGHT become my favorite manga. Who knows? XD

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Can this be a thing?

If i ever win lottery maybe i can make this a reality lol

Atleast writing it is a bit fun, that and thinking about Mechanics and how to make the factions different.

Like today i've been brainstorming about weapon durability and how to deal with it xD

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

favorite manga

My current Top 10 (non ordered) are

Prisma Illya 3rei

Holy Grail of Eris

Spirit Circle

Tsukihime

Helck

Frieren the Slayer

Tearmoon Empire

An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride

Maydare: The World's Worst Witch

The Villainess Lives Twice

i think xD

Edited by Shrimperor

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If i ever win lottery maybe i can make this a reality lol

Make it a book and sell it! If you make enough, you'll have game devs storming through your door in the blink of an eye!

Atleast writing it is a bit fun, that and thinking about Mechanics and how to make the factions different.

Like today i've been brainstorming about weapon durability and how to deal with it xD

Nice, nice! ^^
If you don't mind, keep sharing it! I find it really interesting!

My brain is also slowly starting to come up with ideas for worlds and stories again, which I am very happy about.

My current Top 10 (non ordered) are

Prisma Illya 3rei

Holy Grail of Eris

Spirit Circle

Tsukihime

Helck

Frieren the Slayer

Tearmoon Empire the Slayer

An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride

Maydare: The World's Worst Witch

The Villainess Lives Twice

^^

I haven't read enough manga to make a qualified judgement whatsoever. Heck, before you recommended stuff to me, I had read, like, two or three, tops. XD
Bolded ones I've read for myself and they're pretty amazing!

Also, I should probably check out the other ones on this list. *writes down*

i think xD

Good old "what are the top 10 x" dilemma. XD
Frequently in that "swamp" myself, haha!

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Make it a book and sell it!

I don't think i have the patience for that xD

Not to mention my writing isn't best sellter stuff xD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If you don't mind, keep sharing it! I find it really interesting!

I'll probably share one more part from the pov of the last remaining lord, the Alchemist girl.

As for weapon Durability it's like this

The 'Fantasy' faction will have durability ala FE16 magic, with auto repairs after every map. Alchemist lord can also repair and buff weapons on map.

For 'Tech' faction they will have ammo they need to reload every few attacks. Although i think it might be a bit annoying when a unit has to spend a turn reloading, so playtesting will be needed. Engineers can make the reloads happen faster. So technically unlimited ammo, but with reloading in middle of map.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Heck, before you recommended stuff to me, I had read, like, two or three, tops. XD

100 times that for me xD

I greatly recommend https://mangadex.org/title/25495/maou-no-ore-ga-dorei-elf-wo-yome-ni-shitanda-ga-dou-medereba-ii though and think you will love it

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't think i have the patience for that xD

Not to mention my writing isn't best sellter stuff xD

F***ing Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey were best sellers, so that hurdle isn't too high, tbh. XD
Also, you'd at least have one buyer.

I'll probably share one more part from the pov of the last remaining lord, the Alchemist girl.

Nice, nice! ^^
Looking forward to it!

As for weapon Durability it's like this

The 'Fantasy' faction will have durability ala FE16 magic, with auto repairs after every map. Alchemist lord can also repair and buff weapons on map.

For 'Tech' faction they will have ammo they need to reload every few attacks. Although i think it might be a bit annoying when a unit has to spend a turn reloading, so playtesting will be needed. Engineers can make the reloads happen faster. So technically unlimited ammo, but with reloading in middle of map.

That's an interesting concept, for sure! I like that the alchemist can repair weapons.

The reload function isn't actually too bad the way you described it, since you can split your troops into different units (not single units, but groups of like, five people), and have one unit shoot while the other reloads, so you don't really lose out on firepower.
Kinda like how Nobunaga Oda's troops are depicted to do it in Samurai Warriors, and how Oda Nobuna no Yabou adapted it (dunno if he did that irl, too, but since all the adaptations of the Sengoku period (that I've seen, anyway) did it that way, maybe it has its grounds irl, too).

100 times that for me xD

Ho boy! XD
If you were wondering, these were the manga I've read prior to your recs:
Naruto
Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01
Digimon Next

call me the manga expert. XD

Thanks! I'll give it a read! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

/Shrimpramblings 

Pushing further into that strange continent, we encounter living beings we never encountered before. magic only spoken off in fantasy...

The Spies. Undected by most of the enemies, they can  go undected right under their noses and steal information and equipment from the enemy. Some are even able to seduce or blackmail enemy soldiers. Beware the enemies with mental capbilities or those with high smelling abilities.

/Shrimpramblings end.

Nice. Sounds really interesting. 👍

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

F***ing Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey were best sellers, so that hurdle isn't too high, tbh. XD

So the solution is to add cringy romance and quasi H-scenes got it xD

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, you'd at least have one buyer

Thanks^^

Honestly though, if i ever do it it will be a free srpg studio game xD

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The reload function isn't actually too bad the way you described it, since you can split your troops into different units (not single units, but groups of like, five people), and have one unit shoot while the other reloads, so you don't really lose out on firepower.
Kinda like how Nobunaga Oda's troops are depicted to do it in Samurai Warriors, and how Oda Nobuna no Yabou adapted it (dunno if he did that irl, too, but since all the adaptations of the Sengoku period (that I've seen, anyway) did it that way, maybe it has its grounds irl, too)

Yup, something like that. Engineers should also make stuff easier, but costs a deployment slot. Well, there are the only ones able to repair vehicles as well.

Healing for the tech faction is also significantly weaker, as i described above^^

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

call me the manga expert. XD

XD

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nice. Sounds really interesting. 👍

5MdD6WU.png

boi

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So the solution is to add cringy romance and quasi H-scenes got it xD

That's the key to success right there XD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thanks^^

Honestly though, if i ever do it it will be a free srpg studio game xD

Then you'd at least have one player! ^^

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup, something like that. Engineers should also make stuff easier, but costs a deployment slot. Well, there are the only ones able to repair vehicles as well.

Healing for the tech faction is also significantly weaker, as i described above^^

Seems nicely balanced, all things considered.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

XD

Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01 is pretty good, though, at least from what I remember of it (it's been years since I've last read that one).

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

5MdD6WU.png

boi

High society fucked up xD

Btw Draggy, you ever played Valkyria Chronicles? There's even a demo on the switch afaik

Most of my tech faction idea are atolen from there xD

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7766118

She's a former slave

High society fucked up xD

Indeed they did!
I like the MC, though. Wants to say cliché heroic stuff, but ends up saying edgy stuff instead. XD

Btw Draggy, you ever played Valkyria Chronicles? There's even a demo on the switch afaik

I can't say I've ever played a Valkyria Chronicles game, no. But if there's a demo of one of the games, I see no reason not to check it out!
Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Most of my tech faction idea are atolen from there xD

You thief! /s XD
Seriously though, I don't think being inspired by stuff you know for your own stuff is inherently a bad thing.
Lord knows I've done that myself in my 'verse...

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

like the MC, though. Wants to say cliché heroic stuff, but ends up saying edgy stuff instead. XD

He grew up edgy but tries to be nice xD

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But if there's a demo of one of the games, I see no reason not to check it out!

👍

Ps4 version has a demo, so does switch version, i think.

VC4 is the only game i ever preordered xD

He grew up edgy but tries to be nice xD

I like him, honestly! XD

👍

Ps4 version has a demo, so does switch version, i think.

Nice, nice! I'll check that out in the near future, then! ^^
I'll probably go with the Switch version for it, since I'm still looking to expand my library a bit.
I wanna read that manga first, though. I'm hooked!

VC4 is the only game i ever preordered xD

Mine was Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold.