Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You have the Shining series, which started off as an SRPG before becoming something else before becoming a 3D ARPG.

And a pretty friggin' good one at that!
I love Shining Resonance Refrain...

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I remember that the Ronin class in Etrian Odyssey I & II have "Peerless Stance" as their best stance technique as well. Gotta be a use of musou there.

Oh yeah, could be!
I loved using that class in the Untold games whenever I played Classic mode. So much fun to use!

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There's also a 2D game. The original Ys 3 is a 2D game ala Zelda 2.

Thankfully the remakes are much better.

Speaking of Zelda 2, i hope we get a remake or a new game that expands those ideas. The closest we ever got since then was the 2D sidescrolling segments in Link's Awakening.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though listed under the action game genre, creators strove to make the series a "fusion of real time strategy and action". Eventually, the series's appeal was allowing the player to be a "one man army" versus the thousands of enemies in ancient China. Kou Shibusawa states that it was his personal desire to capture the excitement and thrill felt by the events in the novel. The series started its own type of genre."

I see. Pretty interesting.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A PS1 weapon-based 3D fighting game, akin to SoulCalibur, featuring characters from the Three Kingdoms period of Chinese history ("Sangoku" in Japanese). The international numbering of the franchise is actually 1 ahead of the Japanese. The latest, Dynasty Warriors 9, is 8 in Japan.

DW1 in Japan is Sangoku Musou (sometimes merged into one word; don't confuse it with Sengoku Musou- Samurai Warriors). Dynasty Warriors 2 is Shin Sangoku Musou. Think "Super Dynasty Warriors". Internationally there was no change to reflect this. 

He beat me to it.

I remember that game fondly, with me just playing as Cao Cao whenever I could.

51 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of Zelda 2, i hope we get a remake or a new game that expands those ideas. The closest we ever got since then was the 2D sidescrolling segments in Link's Awakening.

Really? I had no idea people enjoyed that game alot. New to me.

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It's not so much that people enjoyed Zelda 2 that much, I think, just that the concept behind the game's design would benefit greatly from a proper remake.

20 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, as Twilit said, Zelda 2 isn't enjoyed that much, it just had a good concept behind it.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's not so much that people enjoyed Zelda 2 that much, I think, just that the concept behind the game's design would benefit greatly from a proper remake.

I personally... dont like the games design. Okay, you got X spell? Now go to this random deadend at the end of the screen and use it. I still completed it, of course, but it was annoying.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, as Twilit said, Zelda 2 isn't enjoyed that much, it just had a good concept behind it.

That's a relief, cause it has alot of flaws, as stated above.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I concur. It'd make a good smaller Zelda title after a big project. Things have come a long way since Zelda 2. Say goodbye to a ground combat being limited to a short-ranged thrust and the puniest sword laser ever, Link's arsenal of tools and techniques has grown significantly. Although I'd prefer Link go magic-heavy again, thats fairly unique to Zelda II, or at least a Zelda/other alternative playable character who could could be magic-oriented as opposed to hammerspace tool-user Link.

There is no shortage of Metroidvanias on the market, but I wouldn't see Zelda 2R/Sequel as belonging to that. Done right, I'd say say 2D action-adventure with good platformer elements would be its genre. Metroidvania is basically that true, but the absence of a singular giant dungeon you explore and the presence of an overworld is the separator.

I'd drop the lite RPG aspect, Zelda doesn't need it. And I'm not sure what to do about the overworld, the random encounters thing was odd and arguably should go.

41 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That's a relief, cause it has alot of flaws, as stated above.

Of course it has alot of flaws, it's an NES game with "2nd game weirdness". Anyone with common sense would would make a Zelda II sequel in line with the spirit of the original, but using the full arsenal of modern QoL and game design in general. I'm sure the team who made A Link Between Worlds could nail it.

--

https://gonintendo.com/stories/366204-pokemon-sword-shield-art-director-shares-a-tribute-to-pokemon-col

EedJJwkU8AAxjGZ?format=jpg&name=medium

Cool tribute. Whens the HD Remaster?😉

Snap will be back, minus the Blockbuster printouts, we can't rule out a Colosseum revival. May Cipher rule the world again!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Of course it has alot of flaws, it's an NES game with "2nd game weirdness". Anyone with common sense would would make a Zelda II sequel in line with the spirit of the original, but using the full arsenal of modern QoL and game design in general. I'm sure the team who made A Link Between Worlds could nail it.

--

https://gonintendo.com/stories/366204-pokemon-sword-shield-art-director-shares-a-tribute-to-pokemon-col

EedJJwkU8AAxjGZ?format=jpg&name=medium

Cool tribute. Whens the HD Remaster?😉

Snap will be back, minus the Blockbuster printouts, we can't rule out a Colosseum revival. May Cipher rule the world again!

I meant the fact that its guidance is so awful most players dont know what to do. If they could fix that, and maybe make it so random pitfalls in dungeons dont lead to other areas, that'd be fantastic. Also, adjust hitboxes, cause god they are terrible! They need a reliable way to restore magic in dungeons as well.

But yeah your right they could make it great.

The base is good, for sure. 

Alot of odd minor things make the game a bit too harsh for new players.

Edit: what's wrong with a Link to the Past? That games a classic!

Edited by lightcosmo

Atelier Ryza update! 

I'm currently level 42 (alchemy level 52)

Alchemy is getting even more involved than before! That mechanic just gets better and better!

Battles are getting alot tougher than before.

Doing quests: I dont mind this, as a Xenoblade fan, knowing that quests are a thing makes this easy for me to deal with.

So far, this is the best scene in the whole game right now. The Yellow Streamer section in Origami King has some excellent bangers.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is no shortage of Metroidvanias on the market, but I wouldn't see Zelda 2R/Sequel as belonging to that. Done right, I'd say say 2D action-adventure with good platformer elements would be its genre.

I can see it working as a Mega Man Zero type deal but perhaps not as fast-paced. Or maybe more like Shovel Knight but without the 2D Mario style world map.

So far, this is the best scene in the whole game right now. The Yellow Streamer section in Origami King has some excellent bangers.

Curious, how is that game? I was considering it and am a bit on the fence about it yet.

Ngl, that scene has a lot of charm to it. Nice to see something so unique like that.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Curious, how is that game? I was considering it and am a bit on the fence about it yet.

The opening (which would be the Red Streamer) is slow as fuck but once you reach the Blue Streamer, things start to become way more enjoyable.

I just wanted to apologize for my wording from yesterday.

Surely no one deserves to die.

I was just mad because people react so careless that they take into account a death of uninvolved people.

It kept me thinking so much that I hardly could close my eyes.

Ended up with about two hours of sleep and that's how I'm feeling right now.

Still the ignorance of some people in the world is worrying me.

I decided, after thinking about it for a long while, to begin watching a no-commentary 4 part longplay I found of BKO.

I remembered the gameplay fairly well, so I didn't feel compelled to replay the game, despite my GameCube still sitting in the basement, untouched for many years now. I should stop hoarding and sell it. Nintendo, HD remaster everything and I won't feel so guilty letting go. The gameplay is sluggish to start despite the ATB format (for the first two dungeons at least, once more than just Sagi come under your control, it gets better), that didn't fade from me. And it's been reconfirmed that the first boss hits like Jin to Rex, too hard for a first boss.

What I really wanted was to refresh myself on the narrative and characters, the outlines of which I remembered, but not the finer details. I can see patina and faults in the plot, not all new to me, nor all able to be excused by the game's age. Nostalgia and the fading over time of memory blurs the specifics and leaves one feeling an amalgamation of the good reflecting one's subjective interests and imagination. But I don't mind admitting that, I still like the game. 

I've watched 5 hours and 18 minutes of the first part of the longplay, thought that was a good cutoff for now, I should be heading to bed. The thing I wanted most was to reexamine the heroic trio, and I'm happy to say my likings for them haven't changed a bit. They're still good characters as I see it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

DQV

Spoiler

Alright, first prize of beating Estark is the unlocking of the last T 'n' T Board of the game... and this one ain't kidding around! It's quite long, and despite starting with 70 die rolls... it's all on the whim of the RNG. Heck, three games straight I ended up in the exact same trapdoor tile.

After a few more failed tries I finally stopped for the day. As if to give insult to injury, the last attempt my last die roll landed me on a "Go back to the start" tile. By that point it didn't mattered, but still...

Jump Out Window GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On the flip side, this is the place to play for big gold gains and stuff. Still, the true prizes won't be until the board is won... but I guess it might be for next time... or not.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

You meet a lot of strange characters on this forum. DragonFlames is a legendary German vampire Baron, many of the mods like Specta and Integrity are Terminator-esque robots hellbent on our destruction, I mean it's really just crazy. 

https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/64729-at-night-i-can-still-hear-their-metallic-heartbeats/&tab=comments#comment-4436738

Edited by Wraith

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

DragonFlames is a legendary German vampire Baron

One whose legend doesn't actually exist, but okay.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

>Kaguya on a break again next week

F

Have a cute Chika (I think?) as compensation:

Spoiler

83365902a86a296a8db5b4ba42e45b57.jpg

Interestingly enough, looking up pictures of Kaguya the manga/anime... a majority of stuff you find is her, and not Kaguya the character.

Edited by DragonFlames

...My Baron I’ll say this for the sake of our dark alliance, but do not be so hasty. If we are to unite the great fell powers of Germany and Italy into one unstoppable force we need more subtly. Presenting yourself as a twenty-something year old who likes the animes was a stroke of resplendent genius, but the charade most continue. We must first beguile our future thralls a bit more and lull them into a false sense of security. Then and only then, can we go for the jugular, a turn of phrase that I think you’ll find very delectable, no?

Edited by Wraith

so yesterday i was in bed for like 4 Hours where i couldn't sleep, and so i did what every person that can not sleep does...

look up through memes...

specifically Xenoblade memes

#PoorMelia memes to be exact

F for the girl xD

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Have a cute Chika (I think?) as compensation:

Reveal hidden contents

83365902a86a296a8db5b4ba42e45b57.jpg

Interestingly enough, looking up pictures of Kaguya the manga/anime... a majority of stuff you find is her, and not Kaguya the character.

👍

And Yeah, Chika is immensely popular, especially with the anime crowd (not so much with the manga crowd)

Edited by Shrimperor