Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I thought of something and looked up to confirm it. If i'm right, this could be a reference to Xenosaga Freaks, that weird spin-off that was released shortly after Episode I.

In it, KOS-MOS gets affected by a nanovirus that causes her to hallucinate a cat, register everyone's voices as cat sounds and changes her own voice to that of a cat. She also gets cat ears, for some reason. 

Xenosaga Freaks was weird.

Nya. Also, I like how in EF, the Cat Ear Unit is described as "an attempt to pander to all you freaks out there". Though I guess that's a double meaning for "freaks".

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@Saint Rubenio

8qMJe0G.png

Here's something sloppy i put together very fast. I tried to take charater's roles, classes, weapons, type, history etc. into consideration and match them together

🟥= game over condition

Not bad! Not bad at all. I do have a couple disagreements, however:

- Leo and Lynette is the main one. I guess they are kiiiinda similar in the story, but in the gameplay, you're linking the game over unit you get for exactly one chapter to one I have for half the game. That's a bit lopsided, I'd say.
My suggestion, swap him with Izana. Leo and Owen still fit as powerful magicians you get a bit into the game, and both are afflicted by terrible curses (the curse of being a horrible father in Leo's case), and the third game over's availability becomes as close as possible.

-

...Actually, that's all the disagreements I have, haha. Everything else has a logic I can follow and dig. Candace as Sylvis made me laugh. Shura as Sherlock does not inspire me with confidence, however. Not saying to change it, but you better not get my man murdered. You wouldn't want to upset Edgiest Ka, now would you?

For you, unnamed generics are freebies (as in you can capture as many generics as you want).

I have Faye as my 'freebie', even if you kill of Severa since Faye is one Perma casual mode. If i do somehow manage to kill Faye off however, Severa is gone for you.

And Saphira? She's on casual mode until chapter 13. I mean, not that I care much about Elise's life, but... Just pointing it out so you aren't caught unaware. She's a pretty shitty healer, so I'd say it's not that bad to give her to you as a freebie also. I mean, if I'm in need of shitty healers, I can capture a generic maid and it'd be better than Saphira lol.

...Unless Niles dies, then I'm... kinda screwed.

If you fail to recruit a unit somehow (that includes kids) than i can still use the linked units as mercenaries, but never perma recruit them. Exception: Unit your tried to recruit died while green unit or story event (like Shura), then their linked units ''dies'' as well. Those of Reese's squad/non-mercenaries die with their linked unit no matter what (so if you kill off Niles before you get Nina, i lose Christine).

If a unit dies, you may deploy their linked unit later and kill them off if it means getting a reward or special item.

Example: If i lose Sherlock, you can kill of Shura to get Boots instead of just benching him. I can deploy a unit if their linked unit is dead to get those famous berwick dead unit items. If i lose a unit linked with a child unit, you can still play the paralogue for items and exp, but you can't use the child unit after.

If i fail to perma recruit someone, aslong as they aren't dead, you can use their linked unit normally

Very well, I can agree to these terms. Couple of questions, though: Are we going to try to stay on par, or do we just play at our own pace and let the other one catch up for himself? And, soft or hard Ironman? I don't think we ever decided on that.

And most importantly: No intentional sabotage xD

LPing would be too much trouble, especially when I'm still busy with a LP of my own.

Unless Shrimpy objects, however, I already intended to do it here in this thread. No need to move to PMs for me to scream obscenities at him for getting my people murdered. I think you guys would like to see that.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

So here's the thing.

I could do the ironman link.

But because for me, it'd be about sending a message rather than winning, which means i'd just sabotage Ruben pull an Excelblem.

Why you little... son of a--

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

(In truth, an ironman from me would end really quickly so i'll have to decline).

Hahaha... You talk as if Shrimpy and I are gonna do any better.

6 hours ago, Spara said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This is.... so, so incredibly blursed.

I like how you came out of nowhere just to cringe at Volaitaka.

Funnily enough, Haitaka can probably be considered edgier than Volo. Then again, a lot of people are edgier than Volo. Volo's a wonderful person, despite appearances.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This looks fascinating...are you and @Saint Rubenio going to try and make an LP of this beautiful madness....

or at least update us in the thread?

i think we will update here. LP kinda too much work xD

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My suggestion, swap him with Izana

sure!

And Saphira? She's on casual mode until chapter 13

Yeah forgot about that xD

another freebie for me!

She's a pretty shitty healer

she's not that bad haha

Not saying to change it, but you better not get my man murdered

will try!

this will be a massacre

...Unless Niles dies, then I'm... kinda screwed

I will do my utmost to not get Thaddy killed, or we're both screwed

Are we going to try to stay on par

yeah we should. Otherwise one of us will fly forward and get lotsa more units killed xD

LPing would be too much trouble, especially when I'm still busy with a LP of my own.

Unless Shrimpy objects, however, I already intended to do it here in this thread. No need to move to PMs for me to scream obscenities at him for getting my people murdered. I think you guys would like to see that.

sure!

Maybe i can create a thread as a log to remember and to spread the idea of linked playthroughs around. Not a full lp thoug

And, soft or hard Ironman? I

hmm

I think we should aim for hard first, if we fail then soft. Otherwise this could be used as a loophole to try and get out of sticky situations/reset hehe. Although we probably need all the help we can get

Can you maybe match the chapters together? In the meantime i will correct/clean up the character link pic and add the terms, so we can have something we can reference

I think you should aim to have Ryoma chapter with Berwick 13!

Edited by Shrimperor

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah we should. Otherwise one of us will fly forward and get lotsa more units killed xD

Good call.

In the meantime i will correct/clean up the character link pic and add the terms, so we can have something we can reference

Good call also.

I think we should aim for hard first, if we fail then soft. Otherwise this could be used as a loophole to try and get out of sticky situations/reset hehe. Although we probably need all the help we can get

Sure, I'm down for a hard ironman.

Maybe i can create a thread as a log to remember and to spread the idea of linked playthroughs around. Not a full lp thoug

Okay, we can do that.

Can you maybe match the chapters together?

At first I thought it was going to be trouble, since Berwick has a ton of maps, but as it turns out, if you add all the paralogues, Conquest actually has more maps! We end up with 43 maps on Conquest and 41 on Berwick, so we can keep a rough pace of 1 map each and be okay. Maybe I can play three of the earlygame maps at once to get even. They're short anyway.

The problem here, of course, is that plenty of chapters in both games require having units alive, not to mention the ones with unlock requirements. So as we start losing characters the map division's going to get a lot more troublesome. But it's not like either of us is going to lose a unit or anything silly like that, hehe. Eheh... eh.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Saint Rubenio thinking about it a bit, i think you should get Niles as a Freebie (ie he doesn't die when Thaddy is killed) otherwise you are omega screwed and i am mega screwed xD

Hahahah... I mean, yeah, kinda defeats the purpose of giving me generics as freebies if I lose the means to get the generics lol

Mark the freebies with a green box so we don't forget. Use an image of a maid for the Fates generics. Because generic maids are awesome looking.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The problem here, of course, is that plenty of chapters in both games require having units alive, not to mention the ones with unlock requirements. So as we start losing characters the map division's going to get a lot more troublesome.

that's why i think we should match the chapters xD

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But it's not like either of us is going to lose a unit or anything silly like that, hehe. Eheh... eh

Inb4 i somehow fumble so hard, i lose someone first map

Just now, Shrimperor said:

that's why i think we should match the chapters xD

The only way that could work is if I like, match all the paralogues to maps that you can decline (IE the sidequests) and then we "ironman" the friggin' maps as well. Otherwise you end up with a ton more maps or I have to go through the hassle of marrying every single male.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Inb4 i somehow fumble so hard, i lose someone first map

I'm in luck, I can't lose units until chapter 6 haha.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm in luck, I can't lose units until chapter 6 haha.

i thought you will start at the route split?

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Otherwise you end up with a ton more maps or I have to go through the hassle of marrying every single male

or we only count the main chapters towards the pacing

for example

Ch1 - Ch7

Ch2 - Ch8/9 

Ch3 - C1h0 

Ch4 - Ch11/12

Ch5 - Ch13/14/15

Ch6 - Ch16/17

Ch7 - Ch18/19

Ch9 - Ch20

Ch10 - Ch21

Ch11 - Ch22/23

Ch12 - Ch24

Ch13 - Ch25

Ch14 - Ch26

Ch15 - Ch27/28

Edited by Shrimperor

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i thought you will start at the route split?

Maybe I can just race to chapter 6 normally and we begin the proper Ironman run then. Yeah, let's go with that. Those first chapters are pretty quick anyway, the only reason I want to play them is so I can get Corrin levels on the correct build, not the one from last run.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

or we only count the main chapters towards the pacing

for example

Ch1 Berwick - Ch7 Conquest

Ch2  - Ch8-9 

Ch3 - C10 

Ch4 - ch11-12

Ch5 - ch13-15

ch6 - ch16-17

ch7 - ch18-19

ch9 - ch 20

ch10 - ch21

ch11 - ch22-23

ch12 - ch24

ch13 - ch25

ch14 - ch26

ch15 - ch27/28

Hah, did my job for me while I was busy chatting with my boss. Yeah, I think that works well enough.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Saint Rubenio

gMnnPaJ.png

Agree with those as finalized terms?

No, I can't. I intended to get my most hated Berwick unit killed, but due to the second-to-last rule I can't. That just cannot be. I must kill...

...Uh... Fuck, no wait, I forgot, I don't hate anyone in Berwick.

Jokes aside, yeah. Looks solid. When I've got some time I'll get to playing the first 5 chapters, and then we can get started.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Jokes aside, yeah. Looks solid. When I've got some time I'll get to playing the first 5 chapters, and then we can get started.

nice!

Should i go create the log thread? I can also try and finish ch1 until you get to 7

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

nice!

Should i go create the log thread? I can also try and finish ch1 until you get to 7

Go ahead and create the log thread! I think I'll post some general impressions as I go here, and post summaries of the relevant action for each chapter at the log thread.

...What a disaster this is gonna be. But either way I think it'll be fun!

And yeah, you can play chapter 1 while I get to 7.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To all whom it may concern.

This is the log thread where we'll record this absolute catastrophe-in-the-making. Again, no full LP, just a log.

Will be watching this, ofc!

9 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Eh, I thought it was worth mention because it's yet another ban from Ubers. Box legendaries have always been overpowered, with the exception of Black Kyurem for a time (it was so underwhelming that it was suspect tested into OU, and stayed there. At least, until gen 8 came along and gave it Icicle Spear and Dragon Dance. Then it got QBed after Pokemon Home was released, finally being able to reunite with White Kyurem). But Zacian took being broken to levels not heard of since Mega Rayquaza was introduced.

Way too much brain melting going on, here! XD

All i need to know is that in gen 1, Psychic type breaks the game. Simple enough!

Oh my goodness, I can't believe a new Pikmin game leaked.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I am going to commit a war crime.

This chapter baits you so damn hard into thinking KOS-MOS would join.

KOS-MOS joins earlier in PXZ2 whenever you get to that. Though I think that chapter also has a bait and switch on finding a robot girl in an unexpected place.