Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Totally something that Q could do to Jean-Luc, hahaha.

Gah... Pikkardon... that battle in Origin... X_X

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

19 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I accepted food without knowing it was rotten and got my army intoxicated. Then I sent my army to battle and received several losses.

Ah, well, relatively minor stuff. Don't sweat it.

19 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Then Gunnulf fell off a cliff.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...

Forgive me, but every time someone falls for that, I look back with pride on how I avoided the trap.

...I mean, then I proceeded to fall for a different five or six traps, but hey. I dodged the one everyone and their mom falls for. I'm proud of me.

Anyway, yeah. There's no shame in falling for that, most people do. It's the moment where everyone realizes "oh shit, this ain't no Telltale!"

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh boy! So I'm essentially going back to the past by playing Ys 8 after watching Ys 6! Gotcha! xD

yup! Although as usual, release order matter more than chronological order, then again with Ys the play order isn't that important (even if there's an overaching plot going on in the background, you can get it by playing the games in any order)

The games themselves are intended to be seen as books writted by Adol Christin that were discovered long after Adol's time.

No wonder they chucked the sword from it into the depths of the ocean. xD

LOL

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

C4L5YpT.jpg

kek

But, er, what in the heck is the context for that? xD

Dunno, i just found it on the Neppit and decided to post xD

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yup! Although as usual, release order matter more than chronological order, then again with Ys the play order isn't that important (even if there's an overaching plot going on in the background, you can get it by playing the games in any order)

Ah, alright! I see!
Just like how the final boss in Oath mentions an Ark that I assume is the Ark of Napishtim in Ys 6! Makes sense, makes sense!

Thanks! ^^

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

kek

XD
MegaNep VII is a lot more raunchy in some aspects than the other games were.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Dunno, i just found it on the Neppit and decided to post xD

I see, I see!

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Just like how the final boss in Oath mentions an Ark that I assume is the Ark of Napishtim in Ys 6! Makes sense, makes sense

yup, the one and the same.

Also in Ark 

Spoiler

You fight Demi Galbalan before Ernst. Galbalan is the final Boss in Oath.

It all goes back to Emelas and Eldeen lore/society (which is one of the three ''major'' plots going on in Ys atm)

Those three being:

-Eldeen lore as mentioned before

-Romun Empire (very tied in with the first point)

-Tritheism

One who plays one or two games won't notice it, but if you played all you'll notice the big overaching plot points going on through the whole series.

Edited by Shrimperor

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I didn't think that tho. I thought you were stuck on him not will be stuck on him xD

But why? It was easy.

The wolves were way harder tbh.

39 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I accepted food without knowing it was rotten and got my army intoxicated. Then I sent my army to battle and received several losses.

These are relatively minor, although do keep in mind that losses can have negative consequences in some more important battles (i.e. deaths).

Then Gunnulf fell off a cliff.

Thank god. And I say that because this is what I thought you were talking about earlier when you said “Gunnulf, NO!”. My solution was to try to be as vague as possible so as not to ruin the surprise. Seems it worked.

But if it makes you feel better, this is the death that practically everyone gets their first time, when everyone realizes their characters are in fact, mortal. Including me. And I know Ruben didn’t get this death, but he got some of the more obvious deaths in the trilogy so it balances out.

I also accepted the intoxicated food.

I was just trying to be nice.

You did good 06, don’t let him corrupt you.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, yeah. There's no shame in falling for that, most people do. It's the moment where everyone realizes "oh shit, this ain't no Telltale!"

To be fair,

Spoiler

you had already gotten Egil killed by this point. I feel like you just sort of had your “this isn’t Telltale!” moment there. Did you?

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

really?

From my memory it's the other way around xD

The only way I can think the snake bosses would be hard is if you didn’t listen to the warning on the quest to bring poison preventing stuff. They did not do much damage most of the time. The wolves on the other hand… I’m pretty sure I only won because of two lucky misses. Imagine fighting them with Agate instead of Schera though, now that would really suck.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The only way I can think the snake bosses would be hard is if you didn’t listen to the warning on the quest to bring poison preventing stuff.

could be yeah

i also tried to fight em without 3rd party member iirc xD

i don't remember Wolves being problematic tho

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

could be yeah

i also tried to fight em without 3rd party member iirc xD

i don't remember Wolves being problematic tho

I fought both with just Estelle and Schera.

Oh yeah I forgot to post chest screenshots (spoilered because there were a whopping five good ones last time).

Maybe I should be spoiler tagging these in general if there’s anyone interested in SC who hasn’t played it. Benice, maybe? But then again he’ll be 50 when he would theoretically start it so I think I’ll be okay.

Spoiler

zPQy5tS.jpg

PxcQcY9.jpg

DIUWaOQ.jpg
GqkMiJD.jpg

jwubpql.jpg

Edited by Sooks

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It should be in that area between the Duke's Archie and the crystal cave.

I'll take another look.

There is another one that has captured a character key to the DLC (well it was DLC in the original, but should be included in remaster) in a cave behind the lake with the hydra in darkroot basin...

Oh goodness, that Hydra is a thing I've been ignoring for quite some time.

Did some of the clams from in front of the boss room sneak in?

I suppose they must have. Guess it just looked like they spawned from the crystals.

This kinda makes me wonder what you will think about the somewhat controversial choice made in DS2 where if you kill enemies enough times they stop coming back (unless you are part of the challenge rock covenant, but that is a discussion for another game...)

Well, apparently DSII has a quantity over quality philosophy, so maybe it'll work there.

I am guessing you missed the secret and majestic area that is Ash Lake then. In the Blight Town Swamp there is a pathway past two illusory walls that leads to the Great Hollow, and at the bottom of that there is Ash Lake, and at the back of it is you can find the covenant of the Path of the Dragon...

Ah. I did make it into the Ash lake on my previous playthrough after getting cursed, but as soon as I finally made it to the bottom, I fell through a small hole in a root. Looks like I'll have to head back again, though!

'Morning, everyone!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I mean, then I proceeded to fall for a different five or six traps, but hey. I dodged the one everyone and their mom falls for. I'm proud of me.

40 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But if it makes you feel better, this is the death that practically everyone gets their first time, when everyone realizes their characters are in fact, mortal. Including me. And I know Ruben didn’t get this death, but he got some of the more obvious deaths in the trilogy so it balances out.

...T-there... there are more of this...?

4xfRbl4.png

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

4xfRbl4.png

06, you can stop some of them! Once you know your characters are mortal, you are on the watch, and are bound to save at least a couple.

13 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

4xfRbl4.png

It's gonna happen. Question is when... But yeah, this isn't a kind series. Be wary.

Incidentally, if you're curious...

Spoiler

To save Gunnulf, you have to tell him to let go. He hesitates, abd you have to tell him again. Greed doesn't pay.

Okay, I'm gonna do this for a change.

*Looks username history*

Oh, it's you, Poly/Flan. How's it going.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Great, now I lost Mogr

May I ask what happened? I’m pretty sure there’s only one way to get him killed off but I’ve learned to double check in case this is not that.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

May I ask what happened? I’m pretty sure there’s only one way to get him killed off but I’ve learned to double check in case this is not that.

I lost the battle and he sacrificed himself so I could escape.