• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

FEEL THE MONADO'S POWAH!

I consider it proof of a fundamentally good tune if it sounds as good in 8-bit as it does in something less electronic. Means the composer wasn't heaping on grandiose orchestration or electric guitar to try concealing a fundamentally bad composition.

48 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Dragon quest, meet Fire Emblem?

For that, I think of this:

547956.jpg547957.jpg

Grid movement with short first-person engagements.

Just now, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

what game is this?

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2.  DS title later ported to the 3DS with voice acting and a bonus story.

It has dynamic SRPG turn order if that bothers you, although I already know you dislike first-person JRPG combat IIRC. -Just in the case the thought of playing this was passing into your head. I'm fine if you don't, even if I'm rather fond of the game myself I mean, my first avi here on SF was of a DS2 character, and my username sorta refers to them in general.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2

ah!

It has dynamic SRPG turn order if that bothers you

nah it's all cool.

Just in the case the thought of playing this was passing into your head.

I will check it out some time. Kinda full with games myself atm tho, even after i finish Kaga Saga 2 this weekend.

That and i really need to kick my ass intoh high gear when it comes to job searching

8 hours ago, Eunie said:

I hardly have any digital games on Wii U (only Tropcial Freeze), so this is why I have plenty of storage left.

Most games are VC games which do not take much space.

Maybe I should check my system memory and purge games I don’t play anymore. That just might make enough room for me to download the extra packs, but there’s no guarantee 

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

nah it's all cool.

Warning: some people have called Devil Survivor 2 "Persona-lite".😬

...Although I question how accurate that actually is. People tend to say "this is like Persona!" too often on the Internet. I haven't played modern Persona, but I get the secondhand sense that DS2 is much less of a social sloggulation.

For one, the story of DS2 is told over one week, not a full year. The days of that week are broken into 30-minute (ingame time, not the amount of IRL time you spend on them, much shorter than that) time slots from like 6:00AM to 12:00AM spent on story scenes, story battles, or bonding. The ongoing apocalypse has tanked the economy, which means part-time jobs don't exist, school is likewise canceled until further notice. Silent MC that does get some praise heaped on them (a rigid Atlus standard as old as the Super Famicom) and character bonding, but I felt the praise remained within my tolerable boundaries, and the characters got what I felt was sufficient interactions with other non-MC characters.

The first Devil Survivor game (also DS/3DS) still has the one-week structure, but doesn't get branded with the "Persona-lite" label. Partly because the character bonding isn't as formalized and prevalent there, and also because the game has next to no silly anime antics, which DS2 does have some of (though the story can still get serious). DS1's story is a bit more traditional Shin Megami Tensei, with a stronger Devil Survivor feeling to it, and still plenty anime just not in the "funny" way. They're unconnected story-wise. And while the first is still very playable if one finds DS2 playable, DS2 does have some small gameplay improvements that make it slightly objectively better in this department.

-Giving you all the information you may wish to have before you spend some of your finite existence on trying either of these!😃

27 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

That and i really need to kick my ass intoh high gear when it comes to job searching

As should I. But then, the concept of "being motivated" is so very alien to me. Why I do aspire to do so little? Where is my inner flame? Can one truly change and become driven, or is it genetic? Have there been any documentaries on the science behind human motivation, and could I be mustered into watching them?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Giving you all the information you may wish to have before you spend some of your finite existence on trying either of these!

ty ty o7

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As should I. But then, the concept of "being motivated" is so very alien to me.

For me it's less about motivation atm and more about the hard winter coming and my savings running out and i don't wanna fall into the welfare spiral.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why I do aspire to do so little? Where is my inner flame?

I have noticed that with age my motivations went down.

From big importand scientist and world travel to "I just want enough money to live in peace and play my games" lmao

Can one truly change and become driven

definetly.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

alrighty then

YOOO YOU STARTED IT!

Lemme know if you need any kind of help at all, or if you have anything you'd wanna discuss! I love this game, so I am thrilled to answer any question you have (I will be at work today, though, so I won't be able to answer questions 'til I'm on my break or done).

Edited by Benice

I think if I keep a good pace I may actually finish Dragonborn this very weekend. It's really just the Black Book quests, the last of the Raven Rock stuff, and the confrontation with Miraak. Just about it. The question now is... what to play afterwards... hmm...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Dunno how it is over there but I kinda hate job searching. It's the one time where online applications are ass cause you never hear from them yet almost every job just points you to that. The job I've been in for a year now is a local store where I personally handed in my resume and they hired me. I wish there were more jobs like that.

Like I get it when it's big big companies but everything requiring an online application to get hired is the one time I'm gonna go "the old days were better".

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can one truly change and become driven,

Yes. But don't burden yourself with unreasonable expectations. Take things at your own pace.

I just realized...

Now that I have Three Houses I don't need to buy anymore Fire Emblem games, I already own all the ones that I could buy with the rest being ones that I need to emulate.

Oh how far I've come...

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Dunno how it is over there but I kinda hate job searching.

It sucks

Not as much as apartment searching tho

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like I get it when it's big big companies but everything requiring an online application to get hired is the one time I'm gonna go "the old days were better".

Better than paper mail xD

I'm thankful I was more or less recommended the job I have. Just an in-person interview, hand-over documents in person, then got a phone call I was in.

... I'm now at the third month, it truly is the job I've hold for the most...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 hours ago, Benice said:

YOOO YOU STARTED IT!

Lemme know if you need any kind of help at all, or if you have anything you'd wanna discuss! I love this game, so I am thrilled to answer any question you have (I will be at work today, though, so I won't be able to answer questions 'til I'm on my break or done).

Appreciate it.

I should progress the story but right now I'm just having fun going around and beating the hell out of anyone I can find on the street.

27 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Appreciate it.

I should progress the story but right now I'm just having fun going around and beating the hell out of anyone I can find on the street.

The Yakuza 0 experience.

(By the way, fight spawns are really rare in Ch. 1- It'll be easier to find 'em after that)