Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

20 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Two reason I avoided this connection.

1: I think this is a better description for the Fire or Wind Tribe.

2: I had a very specific tribe in mind when writing the story, one that definitely felt the pains of culture being stolen away from them, as well as one that had their ancestral lands in the icy cold tundra.

But if that's a connection you want to make then go for it, the Tlaxcalas are a really fascinating piece of indigenous history that should be talked about.

Wind Tribe perhaps, but the Flame Tribe is actually fully independent. It has friendly relations with Hoshido, but is fully separate.

Though considering how Nohr and Hoshido are meant to be portrayed, I thought it'd fit best if it was on the Nohrian side of things. And the Wolfskin are too isolated compared to the Ice Tribe for it to work.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

hqFXqZU.png

Le monde est du dentifrice!!

Spoiler

Well, not the entire world, but this is as toothpasty as it's going to be. But this is shortly after integrating my French Personal Union, and right before clicking the "Form France" button, which will change my map colour back to a darker, maybe more soothing blue. It used to be that Colonial Nations in the Americas would retain their original colours, but unfortunately, that seems to have been a bug that has been fixed in a recent patch.

• Largest standing army: 476'000 troops. The Ottomans used to field about 300-350k, but their force limit is down to 261k after my last land grab.
  • Manpower reserves: The maximum is 433'000, so I'm a little low at the moment. This is because you can spend manpower to accelerate the construction of great projects (Versailles, Alhambra, Notre Dame and the suchlike), which I'm doing fairly extensively. I'm gaining about 4300 men per month, so it's not a problem.
  • Highest income: 606 ducats/month (although only somewhere between +100 and +150 gross income). Biggest contributor is trade income, which will go up further once those roast beefs have been kicked out of the English French-Britain channel.
  • Subjects under (well, about to be formerly) dentifrical rule:
    • Norway, Denmark, Croatia, Hungary, Syria, the Mamluks (that small speck in Ottoman Egypt - a big Reconquest war waiting to happen) in the Old World.
    • In the New World:
      • Caribbean: Dominica (formed from land directly taken in peace treaties with Castile) and Antilles (inherited by fully annexing Castile later; expanded a little by taking land from the British West Indies)
      • La Plata: La Plata ('s what the southermost colonial region is called, and I don't mind the name. Inherited from Castile.)
      • Colombia: Ouest Espagnol. Castile's Colonial Nation broke free and formed Venezuela. Dominica provided me with a Casus Belli.
      • Brazil: Sud Portugais, inherited from Portugal.
      • Mexico: Ouest Portugais, same. A lot of their land was formerly of the Huron Confederacy, and a lot of that land was previously owned by a British colony. A lot of their land has English and American culture as a result.
      • Lousiana: Ludoviana, named after Emperor Giacomo Ludovico I di Savoia. An excellent administrator, but terrible military mind (on a scale between 0 and 6: [ADM 5 | DIP 3 | MIL 0], with the personality traits Charismatic Negotiator, Just, and Careful), who ruled between 1591 and 1646. Also happens to be a nod to Savoy's starting ruler Ludovico I di Savoia, althouth that wasn't intentional.
      • Eastern America: Nouvelle-Flandre. Also formerly a Portuguese colony, and still the smallest and weakest of the bunch.
      • Peru: Montagnes Andines. Formed from provinces taken from the Incan tag Charca, which was located between the Peru and La Plata colonial regions, and who La Plata fabricated a claim on. At the same time, "Great" Britain took a bunch of land from the Incan tag Inca (formed by Cusco, I'm pretty sure), which I then took in turn almost immediately.
      • California: None quite yet. I'm waiting with colonising a fifth province, which will then spawn a Colonial Nation, because I'm worried that the Shoshone would just smack them. The overlord doesn't get called in when a colony is attacked by a tag with their capital anywhere in the Americas, so this can be a bit of a pain in the bum.
      • Canada: Saint-Laurent. France had started to colonise this region, but the Colonial Nation only formed after they were annexed, thanks to one province I took from the Iroquois, who are allied to the British. They're still quite weak (literally no standing army as I'm writing this), so I'm worried that the Huron Confederacy or the Iroquois will attack them.
  • Friends to the Dental Hygiene: Russia. I initially allied them when I was preparing for the first war with the Ottoman Empire, hoping to call them in. However, they've constantly been in deep, deep debt (and I'm way too stingy to pay it off for them at this point), so they wouldn't answer any call to arms. So instead, I'm hoping to plant an heir of my dynasty on their throne at some point - something you can do by spending a lot of favours (which I've accrued by being allied to them for so long), but only if they don't already have an heir at the time - in order to get another personal union that way. Although this might have to wait until La Révolution has happened - I've heard that these might not be too kind to old kingly dynasties, and I've also heard that some "Bonaparte" kid might show up if I play my hand correctly.

Now, how to spend the time until the Age of Revolutions starts around 1710....

30 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

random youtube recs can be something

That clip at 23 be like

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, still on the writing side of things

That reminds me, I have just one day left to finish my WYBO.

Oh dear.

---

I have officially bought an oboe!

...I have no money left.

lZSszOKl_o.png

Is this the first Teehee-produced teehee in history?

Also I am hopelessly stuck, why didn't I stick to growth tweaks.

7 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

You too, old man?

5 hours ago, BrightBow said:

What a strange trio.

Zayid, Sheela, and for no reason at all, Karajan.

I approve.

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh and by the way, remember when we talked about Flora and Felicia and how their relationship to each other and the Ice Tribe should've been more defined?

I did it...kind of

Hey, that's pretty neat! Maybe I'll give it a read later. Right now I'm in the middle of losing my mind.

48 minutes ago, Benice said:

I have officially bought an oboe!

...I have no money left.

That may be, but you do have an oboe now, don't you?

What if you want to finish Kaga Saga

But you have been feeling tired the last few days

Too afraid to take it on while tired xD

Although it does look more fun than the bore fest of a finale that was VS1 endgame

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

I still haven't picked up VS1 again after reaching the half-way point. lol

And still won't, not really high on my consideration list on what to play after Skyrim.

The ol' trick works for non-gaming affairs, it seems. Shortly after my last post, I found a way to make those two idiots not teleport to Eirika's party after 5x is over. Phew... That's another worry out of the way, I think.

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Dude i am still 29!

*sees friends having white hair already*

oh

Hello fellow 29'er.

Oh yeah, I've got a few white hairs too showing up every now and then. Currently there a single strand on the front, so not hard to miss out if looking closely.

Although, with how my life is, age might not be the reason they're showing up.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

You do know Soviet Treasure Island is old enough to be your dad, right?

>1988 film
>Wraith is from 1992

Eh...?

I just randomly got the mental image of Soviet Dr. Livesey but dancing like Cucuí Ganon. It oddly fits. lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I'm actually considering starting up Persona 4G. Even if I still have a still-in-progress 3FES one... though wasn't there some news they'd put 3 and 5 on PC? Perhaps I should wait then.

Edited by Acacia Sgt