• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

though wasn't there some news they'd put 3 and 5 on PC? Perhaps I should wait then.

Yeah, I think that's correct.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oboe?

Yep! This one will hopefully be more accurate than the original "GEE" I was playing earlier.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That may be, but you do have an oboe now, don't you?

Well, a student model; I need a proper oboe for university-level music. Plus, the oboe I'm using is the school's oboe, and I'm just renting it.

Yeah, I might have been out there for a bit.

Some technical difficulties arose. And more than that. Namely, the imposter was finally taken out of commission (And I'll finally explain what I was trying to do in June):

Spoiler

Log of 18th August 2022, Thursday, concerning capture of ?????:

P1.png

?????: It's been a while since I got to the disguise again. Hmm, I suppose I should get truly awoken now huh? Start off with this:

Then we'll get onto roms maybe, see if I can't get with closing the thread-

P2.png

?????: OK, WHO THE FUCK JUST TOOK OUT THE LAPTOP, NOTHING'S CHEAP ANYMORE!

P3.png

Dayni: Iuhap, you damas! Get the hell off the internet and stop committing identity fraud! Specifically with mine!

Iuhap: Oh, it's you. The fool of a prisoner who just doesn't know when to quit.

Dayni: Says the guy who took my mind being bent by a cursed video to pretend to be me only you love Anankos you stupid idiot. What was it for again?

*Sound of mechanism cocking

Iuhap: I don't think you could ever understand my machinations, but the point was I use you to break a congregation of idiots.

Dayni: Says the bigger fool who couldn't actually do anything with it and before long made my mistakes, including putting off getting on with the job!

Iuhap: Not that it matters, but you're still too weak to defeat me. I broke the Bonk, I can still break you.

*Sounds of the laptop having the staff pulled out of it.

Iuhap: And with this staff I'll have the advantage-

P4.png

Wait, what's that coming at me-

*Biff

P5.png

Dayni: Hooray for arm cannons! Though now I have to find it in this dark room, dammit all.

Spoiler

So yeah, nobody got the joke that Iuhap was Dayni flipped 180 degrees, because dayni <> iuhap. RIP me not making my imposter clearer. Also RIP me because I let it happen, so I'm punished because I still don't have the power of the Bonk and it took days to find the hand so I could write this up

IRL I had an issue with my laptop, due to encryption and partition IDs to the point I had to reinstall the OS and transfer any data. I'll see if this complicates TRS at some point.

All that stupid aside, I didn't get much gaming done in the last few weeks (Barring the last few days where I managed to get the last pins in Neo TWEWY, but not make any progress on the superboss's higher difficulties and in Livealive, which I got round to for the first time in weeks to finally finish. I may need to ask people things but it's late and I just wanted to indicate I hadn't exploded) because barring one week, most of the last while I've had to head home and am there for the rest of this week now too. Winter cannot come fast enough and I can't believe I said that.

Missed a ton Teehee, what's happening with you?

9 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Yeah, I might have been out there for a bit.

Jooooooooooooooooo!

Welcome back!

9 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Finishing up Kaga Saga 2 here!

Seeing that makes me realize that, when I gave a reference comparison over a character's hairstyle in an author's note in CotF, I used a non-FE example when I could've just used Elincia, as her PoR self sports a similar one. Ah well, hahaha, I'm sticking to what I originally used.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

xeno-series-villains_spoiler_1.png?width

Xeno villain tierlist, this one actually is ordered. Kinda.

I thought about it until i wrapped up B-tier, past that i'm not sure but there was an attempt. The biggest thing here is Z's placement, he's grown on me.

Since GuardianSing is playing Xenoblade 1, for his sake i omitted the two spoiler baddies.

Spoiler

1 is Dickson, 2 is Zanza

Anyways in other news, i finally remembered i have PS+ and got myself Yakuza 7. Don't know when i'm starting it because Xenoblade 3 still hasn't let me go and i kinda don't want to jump into another big RPG right now. I also got Minish Cap off the Wii U eShop.

54 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Screenshot_6974.png

I got a new gaming laptop too and also i've started my Bachelor's.

How you've been?

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Nice to see you back Dayni.😀

And I'm not exactly doing a lot right now, played a bunch of Civ5 and finally won a cultural victory. I've been messing around with Surviving Mars a lot. I made some progress in Ys Seven, and I've been savoring Kirby and the Forgotten Land too slowly. I have all the free time in the world, and yet I'm a master of squandering it.😅

I was also reading earlier today a short article on America and coal. While modern conservatives might as well smear the unprocessed stuff on their nether regions as lubricant because they love it so much, not the case in the early 1800s USA. On the contrary, Americans were suspicious of coal, and it wasn't affordable either as the metal ovens needed were too expensive, basically the only people who used the stuff on a regular basis were blacksmiths and other metallurgical jobs. Americans writing in the mid-1800s decried coal and the iron stove as things their glorious forefathers would never have fought and died for. Wood in the fireplace was the true 100% American household energy source! 🌳🇺🇸. The classic American author Nathaniel Hawthorne claimed "While a man was true to the fireside, so long would he be true to country and law". He likewise eloquently asserted that good social intercourse between family, friends, and people in general could not continue long after they've abandoned the wood fireplace. Other people complained about stove-cooked food being disgustingly baked, not wholesomely broiled, and that stoves were worse than tobacco, quack medicine, and slavery (yeaaaah I can imagine more than a few people disagreed with the last one).

Mining and railroad companies responded to the cultural backlash against coal via heaping mounds of marketing. The companies showcased stoves, and wealthy people lavishly praised coal as well -of course they often had financial investments in those railroad and coal companies. With the receding of America's great forests, increases in coal production, and the designing of better stoves, coal by the 1860s had become unstoppable. As early as the 1830s, when supply wasn't an issue, coal could cost a quarter of that of wood for keeping warm in the winter, and by 1885, Americans were burning more coal than wood in their homes.

Lesson of the two rambling paragraphs above? American culture wars over their energy sources surprisingly aren't new. Solar and wind shall surely overcome their present-day objections sooner or later.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

xeno-series-villains_spoiler_1.png?width

I haven't commented at all on any of these tier lists (and I'm too indecisive to make my own), but for once I will here.

First, I'd personally move Miang up. She is a very simple villain when I think about it, but I like her.

Second, Emperor Cain is hardly a villain. He was, but I get the impression he hasn't been a villain in a very long time, more an aged, almost powerless NPC of note. He keeps up appearances in Solaris and doesn't actively try to oppose the way things are going, but that's a monarchal figurehead for you. If he really still was a villain, would his Guardian Angel work for him? 

Third, in context, I don't think Shakhan is bad. He is a very generic and ultimately minor bad guy, but you kinda need him. XG's plot can't jump to the more secretive, more complicated stuff right away. Shakhan and the stuff in Aveh with Bart are very unimportant in the long run, but serve a purpose of gradually easing you into the higher plane. It's not like Grahf doesn't show up during the Shakhan-Aveh stuff, the player's first encounter with Miang IIRC is during the tournament Fei enters while Bart sneaks into the castle. (Shakhan is different in context from the Stein Stone guy, since while I get why they wanted to put a face to hate to the Ethos, his story is primarily connected to Billy, who is playable filler. The Ethos stuff comes later too, and while Emeralda ends up being a part of it, I think it wasn't so necessary to write the Ethos episode into the story. The writers wouldn't have had a hard time getting to Emeralda and mentioning Zeboim without the Ethos if they were suddenly told to leave it out.)

Fourth, while she isn't any good, I would personally separate Goetia from Ryyz. In retrospect, I'll agree with the one comment I saw once that it might've been better if XCX hadn't had both of them. I would erase Ryyz from existence, because she is just angry all the time and mocking when she isn't. Goetia's colder, more mature, condescending, intelligent and slightly dominatrix personality is far, far more tolerable to me, and she shows up first in the plot anyway. She has alright antipathetic interactions with Elma too.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Second, Emperor Cain is hardly a villain. He was, but I get the impression he hasn't been a villain in a very long time, more an aged, almost powerless NPC of note. He keeps up appearances in Solaris and doesn't actively try to oppose the way things are going, but that's a monarchal figurehead for you

Honestly you do make a good point here.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fourth, while she isn't any good, I would personally separate Goetia from Ryyz. In retrospect, I'll agree with the one comment I saw once that it might've been better if XCX hadn't had both of them. I would erase Ryyz from existence, because she is just angry all the time and mocking when she isn't. Goetia's colder, more mature, condescending, intelligent and slightly dominatrix personality is far, far more tolerable to me, and she shows up first in the plot anyway. She has alright antipathetic interactions with Elma too.

See, the problem with Goetia is that I literally didn't realize I uploaded her to God's Dropbox until later when it's brought up she died. Like I at least knew Ryyz died cause, you know.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's funny how the ten year old game had its spoiler baddies omitted, but the game that released last month didn't. I'd only consider one XC3 villain to be a spoiler anyhow.

I'm proooooooobably almost done with XC3's final dungeon, but I took a break to do sidequests because not much plot has happened aside from

Spoiler

fighting and resolving the conflict with N and freeing Melia. You also fight X and Y again, but X didn't even get a post-defeat cutscene (and I haven't beaten Y yet but I don't think he will either); I like the two of them as villains even if they aren't particularly deep (X is fun and Y acts like an amoral mad scientist, which is cool).

Personally I was expecting Z to absorb X and Y to power himself up before the final battle; barring a "somehow, Zanza returned" it wouldn't make sense for anyone else to be the final boss. I'm writing this down just in case I turn out to be wrong.

The World Tree was also long, but it didn't feel as lengthy because more plot stuff happened as you went through it.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

See, the problem with Goetia is that I literally didn't realize I uploaded her to God's Dropbox until later when it's brought up she died. Like I at least knew Ryyz died cause, you know.

I get that. Goetia's end was anticlimactic, and rushed. Still, I think she could've worked better as the face of the Ganglion leadership that humanity sees, they don't meet Luxaar for quite some time after all. Splitting a precious few story chapters between her and Ryyz was a mistake (and the Zu Pharg was a giant mistake, it's the most filler of story chapters).

Bruhhhhh

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's funny how the ten year old game had its spoiler baddies omitted, but the game that released last month didn't. I'd only consider one XC3 villain to be a spoiler anyhow.

Yeah that's the one I spoiler tagged.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

You placed Virgil in the C tier!? Criminal. 

The Testaments suffer from the fact that Episode III is supposed to be the last one but I liked him enough. He's the only good Testament that isn't White.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and the Zu Pharg was a giant mistake, it's the most filler of story chapters).

At least the fight is cool.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Testaments suffer from the fact that Episode III is supposed to be the last one but I liked him enough. He's the only good Testament that isn't White.

I was dissapointed Erich didnt get ANY development into his and Jan's backstory. I thought the idea of him taking EVERYTHING from Zig was a neat base.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I was dissapointed Erich didnt get ANY development into his and Jan's backstory. I thought the idea of him taking EVERYTHING from Zig was a neat base.

See, they go over all that......

.....in the now defunct mobile game Pied Piper.