Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Nintendo EPICALLY pranks their fanbase by REMOVING their ability to pay tribute to their franchises."

Makes sense to me, being courteous to your fans and frachises was clearly a stupid idea to begin with. Xd

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, yeah, but Garry says it's real. And let's not kid ourselves, fakers are a thing that happens but this isn't out of character for Nintendo either.

It is kinda out of character after 20 years. At least the music channels and rom hacks existed in a gray area.

...I'm such a weirdo.😆

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

GMDFQ-fasAApJEi?format=jpg&name=large

Vivian I take it?

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Are you sure about that Mia?

Perfect timing on the Spores weather.

Speaking of spores, a reproductive method of fungi, a whole bunch facts I had read of fungi recently.:

• Fungi are evolutionarily closer to humans than plants.
  • There are an estimated 5-million species of fungi currently extant on Earth. Of which, 90% remain undocumented. 2000 new species are identified every year.
  • Fungi are genetically diverse. The penicillin used as an antibiotic -Aspergillus nidulans- shares 70% of it's genetic proteins with the penicillin used in Roquefort blue cheese -Aspergillus roqueforti. 70% in Animalia, would equate to the genetic similarity between humans and fish.
  • The "Stinkhorn" genus of fungi is scientifically known as Phallus, because the shape of their mushrooms are 😝.
  • The original shipment of cherry blossoms to Washington DC in 1909 as a diplomatic gift from Japan, had to be burned down the following year. The reason was a visible fungal disease on some of the tree, deemed a possible threat to the forests and farms of the United States.
    • Fear of importing fungal diseases and the like led to the Plant Quarantine Act of 1912. This mandated the inspection of all suspicious plants which arrive in the United States, laws that remain enforced to this day.
  • The United States's National Fungus Collections comprise the world's largest fully searchable fungus database, with about one-million samples. (90k of which were collected by a female mycologist- Flora Patterson, who -surprisingly given the sexism of era- in the early 1900s was the Department of Agriculture's fungus expert.)
  • "Mycobiome" refers to the fungi good & bad that naturally reside in human beings.
    • Researchers have discovered some fungi proliferate around cancer cells. Although researchers are unsure why this is (does the fungi empower the cancer, or does the cancer cause the fungal increase?), they are learning how the same fungi can indicate different things about different cancers and their present progression in the patient.
    • Fungi are also being researched for potential anti-cancer treatments and other medical uses. Although the FDA has yet to approve a single fungus-based medicine. The research is still in its early stages.
  • Textiles made of fungi have been developed. By carefully growing the fibrous mycelium filament threads, it is possible to create a leather-like material, suitable for things like handbags, shoes, and hats. Environmentally friendly this be.
    • And, there are cases of in both Europe and among North American indigenous, of traditionally collecting and stretching fungus for such crafting purposes.

Random picture.:

Amethyst1-e1605091646817-300x260.jpeg

Laccaria amethystina, aka "Amethyst Deceiver". A very purple mushroom. Is it edible? Yes. -Provided you don't mind ingesting a big dose of arsenic.

84ef0b2a-f494-46d2-adb0-367d19488e9f.jpg

And this is Amanita phalloides. Native to Europe, it has long since become a global invasive species.

Its common name is "Death Cap", because it's one of the deadliest mushrooms around. The toxins survive cooking and can attack the human body within six hours after being ingested, causing ailments that can culminate in liver failure. Death Cap closely resembles some edible mushrooms, which has contributed to its record of poisonings. In 2017, 14 individuals fell severely ill in 10 separate incidents in one week.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Vivian I take it?

I got reminded that trailer didn't showed her when they presented the partners. It skipped from Yoshi to Bobbery. It could be they are keeping her Heel-Face Turn secret (the trailer does seem aimed to newcomers over veterans), but it's funny to think they don't want to open that can of worms yet. XD

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I got reminded that trailer didn't showed her when they presented the partners. It skipped from Yoshi to Bobbery. It could be they are keeping her Heel-Face Turn secret (the trailer does seem aimed to newcomers over veterans), but it's funny to think they don't want to open that can of worms yet. XD

...And yet they're showing off soooo much of the game. -Well, it's Mario, it's not like it's huge on plot. But I saw they've already shown the Smorgs? Chapter 6, really?🤨

Vivian being a Shadow Siren thingy made her sorta interesting as a partner, not a typical Mario species. I liked her fiery touch too, and Veil is essential against certain attacks. I'd call her and Bobbery gameplay-wise the two best partners -at least as "readily powerful" ones.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...And yet they're showing off soooo much of the game. -Well, it's Mario, it's not like it's huge on plot. But I saw they've already shown the Smorgs? Chapter 6, really?🤨

I suppose the silver lining is that the game may have extra stuff (a previous trailer showed a new NPC in the Glitzville exterior area that wasn't there in the original), and that may still be kept secret.

I suppose it's little hope to see them re-adding some scrapped stuff like the Sirens fights planned for Chapter 4. Or Beldam being the one who summoned/created the Smorgs to begin with. Or Prince Mush as a bonus boss as many hoped he could've been?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Vivian being a Shadow Siren thingy made her sorta interesting as a partner, not a typical Mario species. I liked her fiery touch too, and Veil is essential against certain attacks. I'd call her and Bobbery gameplay-wise the two best partners -at least as "readily powerful" ones.

Oh yes, Vivian was certainly top tier, and yeah, quite a novelty too. The first Paper Mario used all pre-existing species for partners, but then TTYD thought to experiment a little. Too bad they scrapped partners for the most part after this.

It feels like I've played through a lot, but I only just finished the Underground Palace. Well, can't complain, really. Will continue tomorrow.