• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Merry Christmas everybody!

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And for Star Wars, I've at best a few grains of sand of memory 4-6 and 1-2 from watching them unremarkably so many years ago that I can't recall when. 

Bolded: Oof.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do I muster the energy to seek them out? Nope.

Understandable. A lot of people might feel pressured to watch Star Wars and whatnot because of it's super high status in pop culture but it's not like they have to.

17 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

image0.jpg

Merry Christmas to me.

777581879619747840.png?v=1

Ayyy, one of us.

Watched the Star Wars classic triology through since nothing else came on TV, not even any Disney movies. Was nice to watch them again since it has been about decade when I watched them the last time. I think it was even the first time I've cried at the end.

Tomorrow episode I-III will be shown although I'm absolutely unfamilar with these parts. I only watched I in the cinema when it came out in 1999 (the last time I watched a movie in a cinema). The sequels would be completely new. I found episode I boring, but maybe my taste has changed after two decades.

Home Alone 2 will be shown later today, so yeah, a it has become a good popcorn day at least.

Speaking of Christmas: a second code for fe1 on the switch was accidentally purchased for me and I don’t know what to do with it. I know it’s only six U.S. dollars, but if anyone wants it...

Happy holidays and all that! I was going to post this three hours ago, but somehow I forgot!

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

IT SNOWED HERE!?

WHAT

I guess Christmas miracles do happen...

Good for you. The last time it snowed properly where I live must've been... I don't know, 12 years ago? Maybe 13.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Speaking of Christmas: a second code for fe1 on the switch was accidentally purchased for me and I don’t know what to do with it. I know it’s only six U.S. dollars, but if anyone wants it...

Quite generous of you! But I'll pass. If I ever feel like playing FE1 (not that I can think much of a reason), I'll just emulate it. The old fanslation is more charming, anyway.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good for you. The last time it snowed properly where I live must've been... I don't know, 12 years ago? Maybe 13.

I live in a warmer area as well, but snow isn’t that rare. It usually snows around 0-3 times per winter, but this year every predicted snow had been rain (which was only twice), so for it to snow on Christmas is nice.

Opened all my presents, we didn't start until shortly before noon, because the family woke up late and we took our time with breakfast. I didn't get a whole lot, though to be fair, my interests are few and I ask for little. Besides the usual basic necessities that end up under the tree for me, there was XC1DE. It will have to wait however, because I want to try this first.:

sakuna-of-rice-and-ruin-switch-hero.jpg

Miraculously, someone was able to get me a physical copy of the game, there has been a day-one shortage of physical for Sakuna.

If anyone else is interested in getting the game, if you'd like my opinion, wait and I'll be posting my experience of it here. Gotta wrap up Triangulum first, but after that, this will be at the top of my playlist. I hope it's worth its weight in koban!

$100 in eShop cards were the third and last game-related gift I received. Though having most of what I'd want and being hesitant towards Indies, there isn't anything on sale that catches my immediate and unrestrained attention. 

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Bolded: Oof.

Keep in mind, I was single-digits in age when The Phantom Menace released. The stilted dialogue and Meme Meme Bad which I heard about secondhand many years later, flew right over me. When you're that young, do you watch movies, or do you watch silent picture shows? Sure I was mid-teens by Ep. II, but did I truly pay attention to the movie at that age either? I'm inclined to say no, as old as that might seem.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

If I ever get a Switch between here and March and you still have that code... maybe...

Unless it doesn't apply to another country...?

Battle Forecast was a very very very nice luxury. That is what I have learned.

Also, a good level? In an early fe?? Did Kaga join in fe2?

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If I ever get a Switch between here and March and you still have that code... maybe...

Unless it doesn't apply to another country...?

There’s only one way to find out!

26 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Onward to victory Sooks!

I won!

Path of Radiance Ch.17 is exactly how I'd want an FE4 remake to be. Take the giant maps and split them into chunks.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Miraculously, someone was able to get me a physical copy of the game, there has been a day-one shortage of physical for Sakuna.

Though a different game, that makes three of us that has gotten a hard-to-find physical copy for Christmas.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Keep in mind, I was single-digits in age when The Phantom Menace released. The stilted dialogue and Meme Meme Bad which I heard about secondhand many years later, flew right over me. When you're that young, do you watch movies, or do you watch silent picture shows? Sure I was mid-teens by Ep. II, but did I truly pay attention to the movie at that age either? I'm inclined to say no, as old as that might seem.

That's true, yeah. A lot of people had that moment where they liked the Prequels when they were younger but then they rewatch them as young adults and they're like "I liked this?"

Granted, even as a kid, I always thought Episodes I and II were the worst movies in the franchise.

Hope that you guys are having a wonderful Christmas as well!

I got lucky enough to pick up Ring-Fit adventure, Cuphead and a weighted blanket, amongst other things! Spending time with my family is the best part, though.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Did someone already try it?

I could confirm if the code works in the EU.....

Probably shouldn't though.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Hope that you guys are having a wonderful Christmas as well!

Well, I set up the Christmas tree a couple hours ago. I know, kinda late. We're not the most festive people, my family and I. I only really got to it because I was bored and I like setting up the tree. It's a tree almost as old as myself, with equally ancient ornaments, half of which have lost their cords, so they can't even be placed on the tree. But hey. It's there, and I'd like to think I made it look half presentable.

Then I ate my very Christmasy dinner of fried eggs and ham.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I set up the Christmas tree a couple hours ago. I know, kinda late. We're not the most festive people, my family and I. I only really got to it because I was bored and I like setting up the tree. It's a tree almost as old as myself, with equally ancient ornaments, half of which have lost their cords, so they can't even be placed on the tree. But hey. It's there, and I'd like to think I made it look half presentable.

As long as you had a good time!

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So you set it up on a tree that's already out.

Not something I could convince myself on both due to tradition and the fact that any ornaments would have to deal with the wind and the rain.

And hey, I can't say you had a bad Christmas dinner at all, I'd probably have done something else with the egg but some people would do a ham.

34 minutes ago, Benice said:

As long as you had a good time!

I did!

18 minutes ago, Christmas Dayni said:

So you set it up on a tree that's already out.

Not something I could convince myself on both due to tradition and the fact that any ornaments would have to deal with the wind and the rain.

Hahahahah... Nah, you misunderstand. Or you joke and I'm the one who misunderstands. Either way - it's a fake tree.

18 minutes ago, Christmas Dayni said:

And hey, I can't say you had a bad Christmas dinner at all, I'd probably have done something else with the egg but some people would do a ham.

I do enjoy me some eggs and ham. Not the most special of dinners, but certainly not a bad one by any means.