Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

How did you know I am here?!? XD

CLAIRVOYANCE! XD

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

what should we who are older than you say? Single Professorships? xD

I like to think I'm earning my Bachelor's in Solitude. :^)

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also... character named Sayaka with blue hair, eh?

Oh god.

Oh, she seems nice.

It's not that she's a bad character or anything, but she kinda, well... (Danganronpa 1 spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

dies first. In a pretty gruesome way, at that (if you're queasy, don't open this second spoiler):

Reveal hidden contents

4yH35M7.jpg

Eww

>.>

Spoiler

The nice characters get offed the most, eh?

I need to watch Madoka

I haven't seen it either.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Imagine sleeping.

438269811869351956.png?v=1

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Shrimpy likes it, so that's a bad sign...

Choose your opinions wisely.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Mars of destruction

Son_of_Godzilla_Minilla.jpg

But yeah, every character you unlock, no matter at which point in the game you are, starts out at level 1.
And predictably, characters at level 1 are... really, really weak. Like... the "you'll get one-shot when enemy characters use their specials" kind of weak... even in the very first stage of the game. And enemy characters have a nasty habit of spamming them

Oof.

Not scaling new characters to whatever level you're at when you get them is pretty bad in an RPG, there's only a few instances where i'd let it slide.

It's worse if EXP doesn't go to the party members in reserve.

3 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Yeah, it shall be out on 26th of January.

29th for Europe actually.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

As far as I know, there aren't too many games coming out this year that interest me, either.

Same, though probably more than you.

But i really like that 2021 looks to be light on my wallet. I 50% don't expect BotW 2 to come out this year either so i don't see myself buying any major games. Well 3D World but i don't actually know if i'll get it at launch.

This is the part where Monolith Soft releases a new Xenoblade game this year, just to make me walk back on my statement of me not getting any major games this year.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

ATTENTION FEH HATERS

You can now vote for the capturable bosses in Fates for CYL, if we decide to push one to piss them off that might be fun.

I recommend Haitaka, but that might not be angering enough.

I'm more indifferent to FEH then anything. Still, bring on the doom! 

Last year didn't have many games that interested me, very possibly because of Covid. I'm actually expecting this year to be better, but that might be unwarranted optimism, unwarranted as reaching herd-immunity levels of vaccination will require most of the year. Will 2022 be an unending cascade of pent-up game releases then?

And predictably, characters at level 1 are... really, really weak. Like... the "you'll get one-shot when enemy characters use their specials" kind of weak... even in the very first stage of the game. And enemy characters have a nasty habit of spamming them.

Even when I was sufficiently leveled, Nezda, or in one instance Guan Yu, instantly OHKO'ed me on Normal, so I gave in and swapped over to Easy for more fun.

My primary issue with the level 1 problem is the movesets, nobody has their full arsenal of attacks at base, thats far more crippling. Getting people to like 15-20 is necessary to resolve that.

And, while I have your attention Draggy, I stumbled in the past few days on a -fictional- character taken from IRL folklore they could add to Dynasty Warriors (they've already been featured in two unrelated games with the trappings of history). Taken from Wikipedia:

Spoiler

In this year on Cửu Chân prefecture, there was a woman named Triệu Thị Chinh[nb 1] who organized a revolt against the Ngô [Wu].

Our [Vietnamese] history recorded that lady Trieu was a people of Nông Cống district. Her parents were dead all when she was a child, she lived with her older brother Trieu Quoc Dat. At the age of 20, while she was living with her sister-in-law who was a cruel woman, she [Trieu Thi Trinh] killed her [sister-in-law] and went to the mountain. She was a strong, brave and smart person. On the mountain, she gathered a band of 1.000 followers. Her brother tried to persuade her from rebelling, she told him: "I only want to ride the wind and walk the waves, slay the big whales of the Eastern sea, clean up frontiers, and save the people from drowning. Why should I imitate others, bow my head, stoop over and be a slave? Why resign myself to menial housework?".

The Mậu Thìn year, [248], because of the cruelty of Ngô [Wu] mandarins and misery of people, Trieu Quoc Dang revolted in Cửu Chân prefecture. Lady Trieu led her troops joined her brother's rebellion, soldiers of Trieu Quoc Dat made her leader because of her braveness. When she went to battles, she usually wore yellow tunics and rode a war-elephant. She proclaimed herself Nhụy Kiều Tướng quân (The Lady General clad in Golden Robe).

Giao Châu Inspector Lục Dận sent troops to fight [her], she [Trieu Thi Trinh] had managed to fight back the Ngô [Wu] forces for 5 or 6 months. Because of the lack of troops and fighting alone, she [Trieu Thi Trinh] could not manage to fight a long war and was defeated. She fled to Bồ Điền commune (present-day Phú Điền commune, Mỹ Hóa district) and then committed suicide.

Lady Trieu as a Vietnamese Zhurong contesting Wu? (Yes, she was in southeastern China, for she was not of the modern Vietnamese ethnicity, but an ancestral relative group that lived in China, and being a relative is enough for present day Vietnamese nationalists to extoll her.)

Sure she's fictional, but so is Baosanninang, probably her boyfriend, and likely Zhurong and her husband. So why not include her if she has a bold personality? Koei needs women to throw into DW.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

So turns out there were conflicting reports but Japan's government has said that the games will still happen.

@Interdimensional Observer looks like we'll get that Mario appearance at the opening ceremony after all.

I'd rather they cancel the Olympics altogether than spread the virus, but if they think they can seriously manage the sheer number of people (vaccinations for all athletes, stadium workers, and the small number of attendees? -as long as it doesn't mean they're jumping too far ahead in the line), then thats good.🙂

The Mario appearance thing sprung to mind b/c the last Summer Olympics had the closing ceremony throw in a warp pipe during the "passing the torch" moment, if you don't remember. It says something about Nintendo's global cultural impact if they included Mario into an event made to be seen by the world.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yeah, CYL5 is now up, huh.

I only ever participated in the first one.

I participated in the fourth one because Frost, a character that I've a bit of a soft spot for, ended up dead last. I took it upon myself to save him from suffering such a fate twice.

I doubt I'll do much this time. Probably I'll just toss a vote or two at Frost once again, and call it a day. Fire Emblem Heroes is a little below watching grass grow in the list of things I've any interest in, I'm afraid.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@Benice

what should we who are older than you say? Single Professorships? xD

"Professional edgy lone wolf"

Anyways, good morning and have a nice day, all!

Edited by Benice

Hi. I have a problem with FEAT.exe & I would like to ask. Hope I don't mind you. I can't make file static.bin into static.bin.lz . Here is the files 

Edited by Hasechi

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd rather they cancel the Olympics altogether than spread the virus,

I mean honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually do.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, time to

Reveal hidden contents

board the Glorious. I guess I'll finish the game today.

I'm so pumped for it.

Spoiler

May it be a most glorious finale to... whatever you're talking about.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist making the easy pun.

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, time to

Hide contents

board the Glorious. I guess I'll finish the game today.

I'm so pumped for it.

AYY

Enjoy the final chapter 😄

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

It's truely a most glorious finale

The most glorious finale however is in Sky 3rd

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ey, that was great, haha.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

AYY

Enjoy the final chapter 😄

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Wait, is Walter actually Wraith?

He sounds and looks like a complete jackass, ergo he isn’t me...I hope. Besides while he’s busy being an arrogant prick I’m busy still trying to wrap my head around The Book of the New Sun

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

He sounds and looks like a complete jackass, ergo he isn’t me...I hope. Besides while he’s busy being an arrogant prick I’m busy still trying to wrap my head around The Book of the New Sun

But you go all ''Damn kids today'' and stuff very often

Edited by Shrimperor

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

how did you enjoy the Olivier reveal?

Spoiler

Tbh, I had known about his identity from way before I started playing Trails at all, back when you and Jules were doing the Trails CYOA, supports, etc.

But even knowing that, I loved everything about how it was handled. It felt surprising anyway, and made me appreciate Olivier even more than I already did.

Well done Falcom for surprising me with something I already knew, haha.

Just got back from testing for Governor’s School. It was... hard. Not hard because I didn’t know the answers to most of them or anything like that, but because we had TEN MINUTES for every test (except the essay if you count that). I did reasonably well on most of them, but I had to skip every question that took more then a moderate amount of thinking to get on to the next ones, and there were multiple tests where I had literal seconds left to complete it so I rushed through the remaining few just picking any answer. I think I passed all of them except maybe the one on number relations, but if placement is based on how you do compared to how other kids did and not just seeing if you passed then... oof.

3 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Hi. I have a problem with FEAT.exe & I would like to ask. Hope I don't mind you. I can't make file static.bin into static.bin.lz . Here is the files 

FEAT&static.rar 51.88 kB · 4 downloads

What’s FEAT?

43 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wait, is Walter actually Wraith?

I don’t know who this is but yes.