Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Zero becauseĀ Hector Mode doesn't exist.

Also i don't do ironmans.

Weake!

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay okay but get this: fe7 was my first fe. Therefore, it will be the first one I iron man.

I mean, it's your funeral!

Anyways, I was plannin' to finish my LP today, but I had a pretty awful day, so I'd probably just have "Yay a hit boo a miss yay a hit"

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

B7eJA2Y.png?width=538&height=432

Supports is a good mechanic, people.

It beats having to spend a shitton of ingame currency that could be used for something good to secure your ships because only the God Pope Emperor can have people propose to them

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Them's fighting words!

Here's the hottest take: Hector is an asshole and should stay alone.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Okay okay but get this: fe7 was my first fe. Therefore, it will be the first one I iron man.

It was my first too. Then it became the first that I completely abandoned, never to return in years upon years. I was slightly tempted when Benice started his LP, but then, funnily enough, the LP served to discourage me further.

...Okay though, go ahead and Ironman FE7 if you want. Let us know how it goes!

5 hours ago, Benice said:

Anyways, I was plannin' to finish my LP today, but I had a pretty awful day, so I'd probably just have "Yay a hit boo a miss yay a hit"

Isn't that all of FE though? Enemy phase FE, anyway. For player phase it's the reverse.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I only ever ironman'd conquest

Not only that, i ironman'd it on hard before i played any other FE

XD

I can only imagine how horrible the lategame difficulty spike must've been in that run.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can only imagine how horrible the lategame difficulty spike must've been in that run.

From the lategame maps i remember only using units in the last map
But lost like 70% ofĀ my army there xD

Then again Conquest late maps except Ryoma are like my all time favs FE wideĀ  xD

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:
  • The only purpose of Dhalia really is her multi orb strike, she's hella useful because of that and maybe heal specials. Dunno who to replace her with, thinking maybe Vess, but that just seems like the inferior option
  • Roc i only Smash with him lol
  • Tbf with Rex i mostly stick to Mythra and just spam Arts xD

Honestly, tankers are usually my least fav. types to play with in XB, from what i noticed during playing XB1, 2 + their DLCs. I'd rather let the AI do that and draw aggro and stuff

Ā 

huh, interesting.

Mythra spam is how most people end up playing, i think. Xd But as i got better at the game, i think that there are better strategies out there, personally. Not that it isn't fun or anything, since that's the point. Also in BoC mode, Mythra spam simply doesn't work since you draw aggro like a demon while doing it.

over 100k per hit with double spinning edge always gets me killed! xd

As far as tanks go, i agree. But Corvin is an entire different breed of tank, and can deal monster damage as well!

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I've honestly never had a particular favorite setup although in post-game, I like to use T-elos a lot in multifights because she is too strong.

That and dark blades are great in land of challenge, too!

Edited by lightcosmo

Good sleep doesnā€™t exist. It canā€™t.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, that's a bummer.

Wait, just not available?Ā Not due to copyright or something?

It might just be a glitch.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

I mean, it's your funeral!

Only if Nino dies...

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Understandable.

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comes out next week too. Much earlier than I expected. .....I need to finish the PC version.

Man, February, March and April are just three months of hype for me.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Supports is a good mechanic, people.

I don't think anyone denies that.

Like yeah,Ā  we can discuss how they can improve character interaction but mechanically, Supports are fine.

Ā 

Ā TIL the school system is not an effective way to learn a foreign language.

Learning an entire topic and immediately dumping it out after being tested on it for the next topic is a great way to have no idea how to speak the language.

Maybe I should get out the flash cards...

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

TIL the school system is not an effective way to learn a foreign language.

Schools really do be making foreign languages a graduation requirement only for them to stop teaching you.

Only reason I took Spanish Honors and AP Spanish in high school is because I already knew Spanish haha.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Only reason I took Spanish Honors and AP Spanish in high school is because I already knew Spanish haha.

You didnā€™t want to ā€œlearnā€ another one?

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't think anyone denies that.

Like yeah,Ā  we can discuss how they can improve character interaction but mechanically, Supports are fine.

Uh... I was being sarcastic, actually.

Supports are awfully handled in GBA. They're not actively detrimental, you can just ignore them and that's fine, but having to spend 100 turns at the end of a chapter just grinding for supports isn't fun. Either make them static like SNES/KagaSaga or make them only require to field units together in a set amount of maps, like DSFE and (I'm pretty sure) Tellius.

Then there's Three Houses, where they're too easy to get, so they nerfed them to oblivion. Seriously, what do supports even do in Three Houses, outside of making out-of-house recruitment easier? I never noticed a substantial effect. As far as I could see, the biggest impact they had on the gameplay was that they extended the monastery boredom by 10-15 minutes each time.

As for the character interaction side of it... Well, I think they work okay, but there are better ways to do it. Supports are too self-contained.

So yeah. I'm not too fond of supports, honestly. They're serviceable enough, but that's the best I can say about 'em.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then there's Three Houses, where they're too easy to get, so they nerfed them to oblivion. Seriously, what do supports even do in Three Houses, outside of making out-of-house recruitment easier? I never noticed a substantial effect.

There isnā€™t one.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh.

Well between Tellius and 3DS, I do think Supports as a mechanic are handled well.Ā 

Yeah, Tellius, DS and 3DS handle them fine, mechanically speaking. SNES too. It's GBA and Three Houses that drop the ball.