Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

So, when it comes to 3H supports, it's marginal when it's only hit. Sure, might boosts are nice and all, but it's only a few cases and you have to know who's who to use effectively. A support does give +10 to hit and Avoid, which on it's own isn't much but it stacks up to three, which is not so bad. Add +1 Might per support level and it's actually pretty solid in Part 2 when you have the supports.

Note, this does not make it a better system. I just feel like it's too easy to knock the gameplay.

It also affects adjutant, but that's actually marginal unless we're talking guard adjutant. The bug where + rank supports went to 10% again is gone, something I didn't realise, so A rank is 40% chance for attacks, but again that doesn't make the followup critical or highly useful.

(As for the game taking pairing out of the player's hands, I've said my disdain before. I need not repeat myself.)

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

TIL the school system is not an effective way to learn a foreign language.

See me and my inability to speak French.

(My Irish is marginally better and it was not helped by the curriculum. Sure, I'm bad at languages, but still.)

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I'm expecting an FE6 remake first anyway.

FE3, 4, and 5 will likely just get translated ports a la FE1 Switch.

I think it makes more sense to do FE 4 first in terms of remakes. We’ve had a lot of FE 4 and 5 characters in Heroes lately, plus it’s Genealogy of the Holy War’s 25 birthday this year. The game and I both share the same birthday.

FE3, 4, and 5 will likely just get translated ports a la FE1 Switch.

In a world where Gaiden got a full remake I would not predict for sure MotE won't get a remake either.

Order's not certain, but we'll know in 6 hours if we get any news.

In my opinion, priority for remakes should go FE4>FE5>Fe6>Fe8

I think thatTellius could get ported to the switch as abundle, though.

All Tellius needs is upscaled ports anyway.

What about all the lost PoR supports?

What about new VAs?

What about animation speeds?

What about not making late game a bit of a blur of boredom?

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

In a world where Gaiden got a full remake I would not predict for sure MotE won't get a remake either.

Order's not certain, but we'll know in 6 hours if we get any news.

They’ll probably localize New Mystery of the Emblem.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

In my opinion, priority for remakes should go FE4>FE5>Fe6>Fe8

I think that Tellius could get ported to the switch as abundle, though.

If we don’t get an FE 4/5 remake then we’ll get word of a HD port of the Tellius games. 

Edited by Wraith

Just now, Wraith said:

I'm curious what would happen there, the UI of the DS games would be the hardest part to navigate how to handle in that case. They'd also be considering giving SD the same treatment if they were doing it for NMotE.

(And my bitch ass would consider buying both as I have neither legally)

(Me, I think MotE will at most get SNES localisation, but again it could be remade, nothing is true everything is permitted)

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Whatever gets them to translate the proper version of the Radiant Dawn script, I suppose.

I doubt they’ll retranslate the script. They’ll use the existing English translation to save money. Why retranslate the Japanese script when an English translation already exists?

Just now, Wraith said:

I doubt they’ll retranslate the script. They’ll use the existing English translation to save money. Why retranslate the Japanese script when an English translation already exists?

It doesn't exist.

The only thing they translated is the dumped down version of the script.

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I won't lie, sad as it may sound, this would be the FE news that would get me the most excited. I've too little faith in IntSys after Three Houses to react to an announcement of a brand-new FE with anything more than skepticism. I'd be a bit more interested in a remake, honestly.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It doesn't exist.

The only thing they translated is the dumped down version of the script.

They’ll just use the 2007 localized version of FE: RD and update the graphics.

12 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think it makes more sense to do FE 4 first in terms of remakes. We’ve had a lot of FE 4 and 5 characters in Heroes lately, plus it’s Genealogy of the Holy War’s 25 birthday this year. The game and I both share the same birthday.

Counterpoint: Roy has Smash bias and from a Western perspective, the cliffhanger at the end of Blazing Blade is never resolved.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Counterpoint: Roy has Smash bias and from a Western perspective, the cliffhanger at the end of Blazing Blade is never resolved.

It’ll get remade eventually but I doubt it’ll be the next game. If anything it’ll probably be an HD port of the Tellius games if anything.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

It’ll get remade eventually but I doubt it’ll be the next game.

The director of Echoes also said he wanted to do FE6 next.

That doesn't really mean anything but at the very least, it shows that people at IntSys do want FE6 to be next.