Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I might get to finish HSoS today! On Endgame now, looks like I'm in for one hell of a ride. In fact, it's Kaga's first fully outdoors Endgame map in 23 years! Once I do some school stuff, I'm gonna give it a shot and see what happens. 

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

33 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Mixed with Wario's laugh, I feel like that's the sound of someone's brain melting.

I mean, the drummer was screaming in agony while he drummed, so...

33 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Imagine what went through the mind of whoever made this.

Someone fixed the theme, and it's... well, it's not good, but it's hearable. Maybe it just glitched out spectacularly ingame?

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That would be redoing so much though... hmmm..... I mean this is “my odyssey”. I probably should let “wrong choices” slide.

When I played Banner Saga I made all the wrong choices and like 15 characters died. It was looking like my goddamned FE ironmans by the end. I'm not entirely sure what you're playing now, but my recommendation would be, let your first run be awful and tainted. You'll have all the time in the world for perfect choices on a replay.

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

I might get to finish HSoS today! On Endgame now, looks like I'm in for one hell of a ride. In fact, it's Kaga's first fully outdoors Endgame map in 23 years! Once I do some school stuff, I'm gonna give it a shot and see what happens. 

Good luck! As for me, I've decided I've been trying new things long enough. It's time to play Berwick Saga again, because I'm a boring person like that. I'll still give SRW a shot or two, but... yeah. Berwick Saga.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When I played Banner Saga I made all the wrong choices and like 15 characters died. It was looking like my goddamned FE ironmans by the end. I'm not entirely sure what you're playing now, but my recommendation would be, let your first run be awful and tainted. You'll have all the time in the world for perfect choices on a replay.

I let a plague wipe out most of the starting island, leaving it a depressing wasteland caked in ruined buildings and sprinkled with the souls unfortunate enough to have been born there, both survivors and ones who didn’t make it.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Someone fixed the theme, and it's... well, it's not good, but it's hearable. Maybe it just glitched out spectacularly ingame?

I guess.

It sounds to me like it's still a mess of noise, but yeah less ear bleeding.

:It would make sense for 80's gaming PCs in fairness.

Just now, Sooks said:

I let a plague wipe out most of the starting island, leaving it a depressing wasteland caked in ruined buildings and sprinkled with the souls unfortunate enough to have been born there, both survivors and ones who didn’t make it.

Too bad. Buckle up and keep at it.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good luck! As for me, I've decided I've been trying new things long enough. It's time to play Berwick Saga again, because I'm a boring person like that. I'll still give SRW a shot or two, but... yeah. Berwick Saga.

Kill off 8 units so Perceval can actually hit something.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

Kill off 8 units so Perceval can actually hit something.

Bwahahahahahah...

No. ...Maybe not.

My main goal is to get all the furniture. Last time I came so close that I just can't let it stand. I'm also considering doing a Larentia-less run, see how the game handles itself when you don't have the flier. Beyond that, just chill and have fun, as always.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

My main goal is to get all the furniture. Last time I came so close that I just can't let it stand. I'm also considering doing a Larentia-less run, see how the game handles itself when you don't have the flier. Beyond that, just chill and have fun, as always.

Ah, gotcha. I will say that Larentia-less just means fewer scenes, such as no Jung stuff or the scenes with her after 11-1. They just don't happen whatsoever. You don't really get any alternate scenes.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Too bad. Buckle up and keep at it.

Haha... right. Okay. RIP Kephallonians.

I wonder if those people I helped in side quests died anyway...

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I wonder how you would fare in Fallout games, heh...

Well, that wasteland is around from the start of the game and you can’t really fix that, although you can sort of add to it in that one where you can nuke a town... but you can’t really do that by accident, I think.

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

Ah, gotcha. I will say that Larentia-less just means fewer scenes, such as no Jung stuff or the scenes with her after 11-1. They just don't happen whatsoever. You don't really get any alternate scenes.

Right... Thanks for the info. In that case, I think I'll pick her up and just let her sit in jail, so I can nab the Euthyphro when Reese promotes.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This soundtrack was really something else, hehe...

What am I hearing and why is it good.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Haha... right. Okay. RIP Kephallonians.

That is the spirit. Going forward you can try to learn from your mistakes and make better choices.

Or make bad ones again and once again struggle against the temptation to restart/load.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, that wasteland is around from the start of the game and you can’t really fix that, although you can sort of add to it in that one where you can nuke a town... but you can’t really do that by accident, I think.

Mmm, yes, Fallout 3 tends to be quite Black and White defined.

Now I dare you to see how you'd fare in New Vegas...

Tfw you've been searching for a 14 year old doujin game over the net and can't find it

F

Why did i freaking delete it back then...

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What am I hearing and why is it good.

On the Beautiful Blue Danube done a 'Capella.

The game's entire soundtrack is done a 'Capella. All of it.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That is the spirit. Going forward you can try to learn from your mistakes and make better choices.

Yes, out of curiosity I found on Reddit someone asking what choice people made there and most people seem to have killed the plagued villagers, and a common response was something about experiencing similar things in other games. I guess this was that moment for me.

Wait were your Banner Saga choices like story choices or just being bad at the SRPG-ish gameplay?

Or make bad ones again and once again struggle against the temptation to restart/load.

Probably.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now I dare you to see how you'd fare in New Vegas...

I’ll pass, it’s not worth the hours of boredom.

Edited by Sooks

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tfw you've been searching for a 14 year old doujin game over the net and can't find it

F

Why did i freaking delete it back then...

What is the game? There is a microscopic chance that I'll know it.

Even though I don't even know what a doujin is.

Yes, out of curiosity I found on Reddit someone asking what choice people made there and most people seem to have killed the plagued villagers, and a common response was something about experiencing similar things in other games. I guess this was that moment for me.

With these types of choicey games, it's best to go with your gut and accept the consequences. You'll only get to experience it for the first time once, after all.

I’ll pass, it’s not worth the hours of boredom.

You know, I was having a similar experience with New Vegas... until I ran into a bot that told me it'd help me conquer the world. Then I made it my mission to rule the world. Ignored every side quest and every DLC. Just zero'd in on the world conquest ending.

I ruined the already ruined world even further. It was fun.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I just think the wasteland is a boring open world because, well, wasteland. Everywhere looks and feels the same (with that look and feel being boring).

Edited by Sooks

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nothing of value was lost. /s

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I wonder if those people I helped in side quests died anyway...

Probably.

So i just found out that Jolyne's voice actress for the upcoming JoJo Part 6 anime is a relatively new VA and the entire reason she became one was because JoJo inspired her to become a voice actress. And now she has the lead role. That's honestly very based.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For Mario... I think it's probably World for 2D and 3D World for 3D maybe? I like most of them about the same, though.

Hmmmmmmm i'm sensing a pattern here. Can't exactly pinpoint it tho.

4 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Great, now we just have to wait 6 more years for Steel Ball Run.

I'd say three. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Part 6 was supposed to happen last year given that the anime debuts of each Part are two years apart. But you know, Covid and all.

Then again, Part 7 will be animating horses constantly which could take up a decent amount of time.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Berwick Saga every time Ruben tries to play a new game

rTdnMFQ.png?width=515&height=432

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So i just found out that Jolyne's voice actress for the upcoming JoJo Part 6 anime is a relatively new VA and the entire reason she became one was because JoJo inspired her to become a voice actress. And now she has the lead role. That's honestly very based.

So you're telling me the lead VA is a Jojo reference?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Berwick Saga every time Ruben tries to play a new game

rTdnMFQ.png?width=515&height=432

Needed Reese's face in there, heh.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's always cool to see that sort of thing happen.