Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think it's aimed at newer players who started playing recently.

most of them don't care.

Just like how most modern FE players don't care about the old games.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now I wonder: is this the OG versions or the Kai versions that came out last year?

retcon version of course

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Just like how most modern FE players don't care about the old games.

Well remakes aside, I guess you have a point.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Looks like CrossCode perfect block skills are off the table for you then.

I've never been able to pull one off either.

Perfect blocks? It could've been I never tried, thinking it too risky, but I never more than maybe four times attempted to Superguard in PMTTYD. Which now I think to be odd, given how, on paper, superguarding is incredibly more powerful than the regular guard.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20210624_002439.jpg

Congrats! 

And wow we play differently! Checking my 3DS, I finished Fusion in ~7:15, slightly less actually, b/c it looks like I decided to open the file again and try looking for missing upgrades, but a second file made in case I couldn't win against SA-X and needed to find more stuff shows 6:39 stamped on it. I had 14 Energy Tanks, 210 Missiles, and 31 Power Bombs, and the game shows me as having missed 6 En Tanks, 8 Missile Tanks, and 20 Power Bombs. ...Why do we need so many Power Bombs?

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

All that said, these issues don't really impact the game too much, as Metroid Fusion is a fantastic game and an overall improvement from the already fantastic Super Metroid.

Fusion over Super? Hope you have the Ice Beam ready, because a few people will certainly be getting heated over that.

And I saw headlines this morning that said you're part of a trend, Metroid has been selling well on the Wii U and 3DS eShops since the Dread announcement.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Aside from the Us snd some countries, that's probably the case almost everywhere lol

Sports are an enduring form of tribalism. Spectators feel irrationally good when their team wins, though they did absolutely nothing to contribute.

This is not new to the modern world, Ancient Rome and Byzantium had its four chariot racing factions- the Reds, Greens, Blues, and Whites.

During the reign of the Eastern Roman Emperor Justinian in 532, sports suddenly took a political turn, when Justinian was sitting in his seat at the Hippodrome chariot arena, and the chariots fans from all teams started shouting "Nika!" ("Conquer!") against the Emperor. He fled to his palace for safety, which was besieged by rioters for five days, who also appointed their own new emperor. After his wife Theodora told Justinian to man up or die an emperor instead of flee a coward, he bribed some chariot fans back into loyalty, and sent the army in to kill thousands more.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I still haven't beaten the "SRW" map in PxZ.

Considering NixCing the game at this point? If the game has 40 chapters...

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I had 14 Energy Tanks, 210 Missiles, and 31 Power Bombs, and the game shows me as having missed 6 En Tanks, 8 Missile Tanks, and 20 Power Bombs. ...Why do we need so many Power Bombs?

Well I think you definitely collected more stuff than I did haha.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I saw headlines this morning that said you're part of a trend, Metroid has been selling well on the Wii U and 3DS eShops since the Dread announcement.

You love to see it.

I think Dread definitely has a very big shot at becoming the best selling Metroid title.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Considering NixCing the game at this point? If the game has 40 chapters...

The game has 41 chapters and I'm on 27. Shouldn't be too far off.

I wouldn't drop the game over this chapter tho, as much as the map sucks balls. I'm actually nearly done, both the Space Channel 5 boss and the Phantom are out, so that's two of the four bosses out of the way. But I had to stop again when I noticed that my laptop wasn't connected to the Internet and the options wouldn't show up which meant a reboot was needed. And then it updated. Which means I have to go uninstall the update now. What a pain.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think Dread definitely has a very big shot at becoming the best selling Metroid title.

Glancing over the numbers, Prime 1 is the best-selling, at ~2 million, ~1.5 of which came from North America.

Super Metroid and Prime 3 are also million-sellers, while Fusion either did or came really close. 

This is a little amazing, given Metroid is considered a lesser franchise by Nintendo, one not truly loved in Japan.

I wouldn't be surprised if the huge number of Switches sold, and maybe some continued scarcity of new games from COVID aftershocks, resulted in Dread being a million-seller too. But 2 million? Hmm... Samus might need to go Hypermode for that.

And since intra-Nintendo, can X2 get a Samus suit minus the Arm Cannon, whenever we finally get that game? I don't particularly care which. They'd all fit into X without aesthetic discrepancies. Maybe we'd get lucky and they'd offer several colors, a complete Varia set offering 100% Thermal Res, complete Gravity offering 100% Gravity Res.

Metroid Dread selling two million isn't that unlikely; if Xenoblade 2 can sell two million, Dread probably can too. Star Allies and Three Houses are among the best selling games in their series, so Metroid should benefit from the sales boost that comes with being on the Switch.

People have been fearing that Metroid would follow the same fate as Star Fox or, worse, F-Zero, for a long time now. Dread will 100% sell a ton.

Now, new F-Zero when, Ninty?

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>Damaged goods

PTSD time

What game is this? What is the context?

Am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

What game is this?

Ys Origin

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

What is the context?

Traitorous older brother talking about his edgy younger one