Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, DragonFlames said:

And then, someday, some lonely dude pretending to be a dragon will join you in that corner.

Then we can be the corner bros, loving FE12 and giving Trails in the Sky the cold steel shoulder. Sounds like a plan!

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

look forward to the end of this guy's FE12 run so it stops being trendy to hate on FE12 and it once again becomes trendy to forget FE12 exists so I can just sit in my corner and be like "FE12 is awesome."

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And then, someday, some lonely dude pretending to be a dragon will join you in that corner.

If anything, I think Excelblem's run might interest more people to play the game.

Granted, I don't know if he has the reach but who knows.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then we can be the corner bros, loving FE12 and giving Trails in the Sky the cold steel shoulder. Sounds like a plan!

Or you could have good taste.

Oh my God Kaga is in my TF2 server I can't believe it.

...Damnit he left before I could tell him how much I love B. Saga.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If anything, I think Excelblem's run might interest more people to play the game.

Granted, I don't know if he has the reach but who knows.

That'd be nice. The game could certainly use it, it's the least popular FE after Thracia and the original Gaiden. He doesn't seem to like it very much, though, from what little I've seen. And if there's something worse for a game than being unknown , it's being hated by a notorious Youtuber.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Or you could have good taste

Sorry for liking games best when they get good before the 30 hour mark.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sorry for liking games best when they get good before the 30 hour mark.

Game was always good though, fun gameplay.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I look forward to the end of this guy's FE12 run so it stops being trendy to hate on FE12 and it once again becomes trendy to forget FE12 exists so I can just sit in my corner and be like "FE12 is awesome."

I didn't know it was popular to hate on the game. FE12's great.

DSFE in general is great, tbh.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE12 gang let's go.

-------

Also

muffled screams of hype

792783082833969153.gif?v=1

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Game was always good though, fun gameplay.

If you can stand RPGs. Which I can't.

No but really, the game was good, it just wasn't for me.

...Though I will forever hold the embarrassing close-ups on Schera's pixelated boobs during her S-breaks against the game. Her character was perfectly fine as the hardass mentor with an alcoholic streak and a playful side that came up sometimes. What was the need to shoehorn her into the obligatory fanservice role too? Couldn't they have just... y'know, not had that? For once?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I didn't know it was popular to hate on the game. FE12's great.

Most people just don't acknowledge its existence. I'd say it's only beaten by OG Gaiden and Thracia in terms of unpopularity. Actually, heck, Thracia's at least notorious for how Kaga it is. FE12 is just never brought up, ever.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

DSFE in general is great, tbh.

Fuckin' preach, I knew I could count on you to be good, Twilit.

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"Lunatic Mode is bullshit".

FE12 higher difficulties fall into the same traps pretty much all FE except conquest fall into

Ambush spawns

Taking away player tools

Player needing to see the future

Stupid inflations

Etc.

For me it makes it completely unfun to play

I can accept bullshit when it comes with some unique fun (like fe5). FE12 has none imo.

Also that desert map looks like something out of dark deity 😛

Edited by Shrimperor

If I had a nickel for every time I tried to watch a new anime on Netflix but couldn’t because my account’s password changed, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it happened twice.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Stupid inflations

Okay, look. Fair enough on the others. But this is completely false. Sure, the enemy's offensive stats are through the roof, but their defenses are about as low as they are on normal mode. So instead of a race of stats, the game becomes a matter of killing the enemy before they kill you. So please don't lump it into the same sack as the likes of Awakening.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I...

...cannot deny it. There was no need for all the desert. The 12 move wyevrns make for a pretty awesome challenge to overcome with your slow-ass units, but then it ends and you still have to spend 10 turns just walking forward. Meh.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you can stand RPGs. Which I can't.

Oh. That’s… kind of surprising, but also kind of not?

...Though I will forever hold the embarrassing close-ups on Schera's pixelated boobs during her S-breaks against the game. Her character was perfectly fine as the hardass mentor with an alcoholic streak and a playful side that came up sometimes. What was the need to shoehorn her into the obligatory fanservice role too? Couldn't they have just... y'know, not had that? For once?

I cringed when I saw that in the trailer.

But I don’t if one sexualized animation pits her in the “fan service” role.

…why do you even hate it here? I thought you didn’t like it in fe because it’s stupid armor designs, but here it’s an artificial zoom in that’s obviously not happening in the game world.

Fuckin' preach, I knew I could count on you to be good, Twilit.

I would play DSFE sooner if there weren’t ambush spawns.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If I had a nickel for every time I tried to watch a new anime on Netflix but couldn’t because my account’s password changed, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it happened twice.

You are cultured, I see.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I would play DSFE sooner if there weren’t ambush spawns.

I'd say play on normal (which removes ambushes), but you'd likely find the difficulty too low.

Oh, shit, the Steam summer sale has begun! Banner Saga is on discount until the 8th of July! You know what to do, everyone.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh. That’s… kind of surprising, but also kind of not?

I've said it a million times lol.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…why do you even hate it here? I thought you didn’t like it in fe because it’s stupid armor designs, but here it’s an artificial zoom in that’s obviously not happening in the game world.

Because it's transparent in its intent and supremely dumb. It's like the devs were five minutes away from releasing the game, and went "okay, so we've designed and written all of these wonderful, decently down-to-earth, pleasant characters. BUT WE STILL NEED TO FILL THE BOOBA QUOTA TO SELL THE GAME TO THE OTAKUS SO JUST ZOOM IN ON SCHERA'S ASSETS BECAUSE FUCK IT." It just made me cringe so hard every time. There was no fucking need for it.

Though I'll fully admit I've far less patience for sexual fanservice than most other people. I can handle a woman having a provocative outfit, but when attention is drawn to it as often as it is in anime... Well, it just makes me cringe. It feels like they only put that woman there so sweaty otakus could drool at her. Bleh.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So please don't lump it into the same sack as the likes of Awakening.

But like awakening it's a handheld FE, so it will be lumped in the same sack anyway 😛

I'd take ambush spawns over ninjas and the like, status staves you can do nothing about, stupid disruptive gimmicks that do nothing but be annoying (pots, winds, illusions), an overused song that gets incredibly old incredibly quickly and isn't even that good, and shitty, unlikeable (main) characters any day of the week.

But that's just me.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He doesn't seem to like it very much, though, from what little I've seen

Tbh, his constant monotone voice does make it hard to tell.

Then again, I haven't watched the streams.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE12 is just never brought up, ever.

Non-localized game in an era of FE that is pretty unpopular as a whole will do that.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You're right it does lmao.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, shit, the Steam summer sale has begun! Banner Saga is on discount until the 8th of July! You know what to do, everyone.

Got it, I'll be buying Metroid Zero Mission and Samus Returns.

BUT WE STILL NEED TO FILL THE BOOBA QUOTA TO SELL THE GAME TO THE OTAKUS SO JUST ZOOM IN ON SCHERA'S ASSETS BECAUSE FUCK IT."

That wasn't the intention with Schera's attack at all. It's just zoomed in like everyone else's attack

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

status staves you can do nothing about

Aside from the one azama time, you can work around them. And they all, aside from berserk, last only one turn, unlike 4-6 in usual FE

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

gimmicks

Aside from illusions i found the gimmicks fun, especially since you can use them to your advantage!

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd take ambush spawns

Thracia time!

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'd say play on normal (which removes ambushes), but you'd likely find the difficulty too low.

Yeah… that’s not a good sign at all. That’s exactly how it was with Awakening, it was either zzz difficulty mode or stupid difficulty mode.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've said it a million times lol.

Why did you play the game then?

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But like awakening it's a handheld FE, so it will be lumped in the same sack anyway 😛

Awakening is about a blue haired lord who wields falchion venturing through Archanea with an avatar who he feels is the second coming of Christ, with a zzz difficultly mode or three unfair, stupid difficultly modes while fe12 is about a blue haired lord who wields falchion ventuirng through Archanea with an avatar who he feels is the second coming of Christ, with a zzz or unfair, stupid difficult modes. Totally different games.

Edited by Sooks

Awakening is about a blue haired lord who wields falchion venturing through Archanea with an avatar who he feels is the second coming of Christ, with a zzz difficultly mode or three unfair, stupid difficultly modes while fe13 is about a blue haired lord who wields falchion ventuirng through Archanea with an avatar who he feels is the second coming of Christ, with a zzz or unfair, stupid difficult modes. Totally different games.

10/10

Yeah… that’s not a good sign at all. That’s exactly how it was with Awakening, it was either zzz difficulty mode or stupid difficulty mode.

Well, tbh. The difficulty is fine on H1 too, beyond the prologue.

The prologue is actually kinda bad (although nobody dies even on classic in it), but one you're past that, the difficulty evens out fine.