Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Get your ears checked. I'm actually yelling "how dare you speak of Three Houses over Best Game, I'll kill you."

Unfortunately, I don’t think your hate for Three Houses is enough to carry your voice across the Atlantic.

Anyway, here’s why Three Houses is the best game and Berwick isn’t.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh my God they found it. It didn't even take them thirty minutes minutes to find it.

By "them", I mean the tip of the tongue subreddit, and by "it", I mean the source of my childhood fear that I described earlier today. @Armagon Thanks for suggesting that I try going there. After all these years, I now know exactly what happened that day.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

20 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, better then that time he was in Soul Calibur.
Lloydirving.png

That was quite the crossover appearance.

Hm? What's wrong with it?

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my God they found it. It didn't even take them thirty minutes minutes to find it.

By "them", I mean the tip of the tongue subreddit, and by "it", I mean the source of my childhood fear that I described earlier today. @Armagon Thanks for suggesting that I try going there. After all these years, I now know exactly what happened that day.

And what exactly happened that day?

Your typical amusing idiot shounen hero? Supposedly his VA also voiced original Teen Titans' Robin? The protagonist of the first Tales game that made it big outside Japan? Something or other...

That said...

Happy 16th birthday to Symphonia and to this iconic Lloyd moment 🎉 : tales

Always gives me a chuckle.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

And what exactly happened that day?

Well... As it turns out, the game was a colorful, humorous puzzle platformer called Boppin'. The developer just happened to have a rather dark sense of humor, and for this reason (I can only assume), they made their logo a gory teddy bear with a dagger in the gut - The image that scared me so much. The logo showed up upon booting the game. My friend or his parents must've found the game online in some obscure shareware site and missed or ignored the teddy bear. That dude pobably didn't even mind it, but unfortunately for me, I wasn't quite so tough.

The kind folks over at r/tipofthetongue (or, well, folk, it only took one person) directed me to the dev's website. I found the image, and underneath, the subtitle "determined to disturb." Oh, you absolute bastard, if only you knew...

It all adds up. I actually vaguely remembered the gameplay and the main characters, but they were such a far cry from the image that had caused me so much fright, I assumed it had to be unrelated. Damn, I can hardly believe it was real at all. What a strange find this is.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

The irony is that is actually a very clever thing Lloyd thing, despite his idiot hero label... to me that just makes it even funnier.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I think Colette has a few screws loose...

XD

Hm? Have you played ToS before or...?

It's a shame the OVAs redid the scene. There Lloyd actually sees her holding a steaming cup of coffee while being no worse for wear.

Meanwhile... did the one in the game even had coffee to begin with...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Oh no, just seemed that way to me from the coffee scene.

I see.

Well, if you're really curious about it...

Spoiler

She has lost her sense of touch, but doesn't want to reveal it. That's why she's quick to change her tune whenever Lloyd brings up the temperature of the coffee... and why he's doing it in the first place. He has caught on she's hiding something.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, if you're really curious about it...

Hide contents

She has lost her sense of touch, but doesn't want to reveal it. That's why she's quick to change her tune whenever Lloyd brings up the temperature of the coffee... and why he's doing it in the first place. He has caught on she's hiding something.

Oh, I see. Huh.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, I see. Huh.

Oh, make no mistake, she's also something of an idiot heroine herself. Maybe more childish/naïve, but she and Lloyd are two peas in a pod nonetheless.

Oh lol...

> Acquires airship.

> Encounters Death Gaze pretty much during the first seconds of flying.

> Party Killed

Man, what are the odds...

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Three pages and almost nothing to comment on… I need to get back to playing games myself.

That happens, I know.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

bcc4a27.png

The La Marseillaise, the French national anthem outright endorses regicide. Translating a particular verse of it.:

Tremble, tyrants and you traitors
The shame of all parties,
Tremble! Your parricidal schemes
Will finally receive their prize!

54 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Never understood Lloyds appeal.

Lloyd seems fairly typical "manganime shounen" to me now, although back in the day, I didn't know any better.

One must keep in mind with ToS, is that although decades have past, it is still the best-selling Tales and its "breakout" title in the West that brought the franchise its international popularity. Lloyd might ride atop that legacy.

Raine is probably the best ToS character for me. A good blend of seriousness, intelligence, and a few pinches of Japanese popular entertainment zaniness. For the others, I don't dislike any of them.

• Regal might be too guilt-trippy. But I like him.
  • Presea's anxiety about the merciless passage of time once really resonated with me.
  • Genis I've always liked. Much of it might be due to me being his age when I played ToS; and I've always been booksmart, not athletic, like him.
  • Sheena has gradually lost some of the liking I once had for her, no offense. The design choice for her to bra to always be showing is noticed now, and I don't like it.
  • Zelos... something more had to be done with his "I hate my joke of a life" side of himself. I get his entire rich Casanova personality is a reaction to that, but it also creates antipathy towards him.
  • Kratos was cool back in the day.
  • Colette- For years, I think it's died down now, I actually IRL adopted her "excessive of use of "sorry"" behavior. So I don't like her.😝
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Raine is probably the best ToS character for me. A good blend of seriousness, intelligence, and a few pinches of Japanese popular entertainment zaniness. For the others, I don't dislike any of them.

Fair enough!

Reminds of the skit when they play with Genis weapon:

Zelos hits Professor Sage with it and they all split while Lloyd says something like "oh no you just hit professor sage!"