Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I dont think i can ever understand why people find Velvet (Tales of Berseria) an interesting protag.  

She literally repeats the same tiresome sentence (something about killing Artorius) throughout pretty much the entire game. Where is the growth? 

As far as female protags go? Milla easily wins over Velvet to me. Milla is much more flexible in terms of character growth imo. That and she doesnt repeat the same sentence 100 different ways, lmao.

And is Velvet a Yuri wannabe?

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Fanficted Genealogy's war of the crusaders up to the start of 637. 3 1/2 years, and all they've taken so far is Issach. Onwards to Silesse, since there is no way the Empire will surrender northern Thracia without a heaping huge and protracted fight.

Oh and Samurai Warriors 5 finally has had its first map where fulfilling all the objectives was difficult, thanks a lot Motonari! Controlling two characters isn't enough, I need a third to thwart all the madness.

44 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oooh! I love history related tangent. No matter how off topic they might be. 

It was less a tangent, and more a way of me indirectly alluding to something I didn't want to actually say.

Old Louis is really fun to read up on. He very easily slide in the role of ''villain'' especially around here because he once colluded to destroy the country just because we hurt his feelings

Ah yes, taking a Protestant city and holding the first Catholic mass there in well over a century. I'm told old anti-Spanish tropes from earlier in the 1600s were resurrected and edited to fit the French instead. I know he total warfare'd the Palatinate in the HRE too.

But then he's also the guy playing marriage counselor for his younger brother, accidentally arranging a wife for his son who was far too young to marry who he then adopts and lets sit on his lap during meetings

This I did not know. Thank you for zany personal stories. The most recent I read of a vaguely similar kind was a Byzantine emperor, I believe Michael III, who married his mistress Eudocia to a general, whom he then oddly appointed co-emperor. Although the evidence is uncertain, it is very possible Eudocia was pregnant by Michael III, who was unable to divorce and marry her because Orthodox traditions. Elevating Basil I to co-emperor might've been a way of assuring Basil's "son" Leo VI was in line for the throne. And it's also possible Leo's young brother, Stephen, who became Patriarch of Constantinople at the extraordinarily young age of 19, was also a bastard of Michael III.

37 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

someday lol. 

Gamecube gen games is basically my missing generation of games

Don't have the power to 🐬?

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't have the power to 🐬?

I do, as i emulated Galaxy 2 a while ago if you remember

Just lack the motivation to emulate gamecube games outside from FE9, and even that one i haven't touched sine i finished it.

Spoiler

@Saint Rubenio I went down all three paths and then I had to fight the “witches”, then I had to leave the whale, but you told me to play that entire section at once so I went back to where the picnic basket was to save but actually the game made me go through this super long Humphrey boss fight instead of letting me save and after that I got to leave, so with no save point in sight I got the last two hangman kegs and completed the puzzle, so the game showed a cutscene of Basil’s house, then let me leave down a hole. I got to swim while a disembodied voice gave plot ramblings and then the game let me leave and go save in the playground.

I didn’t listen to the plot ramblings as much as I really should have, because I just really, really wanted to save. They all went in one ear and went out the other. There was definitely something important in there, wasn’t there? Something about how Omori’s friends always die and come back to life because it’s all a dream, but Mari and Basil will always realize the truth and something something will Omori repeat the cycle or break it? The end. Do I need to know anything else?

Anyway, I got it done. So yeah.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

lack of experience

I’ve been fighting overworld encounters on my way to places.

I don’t like doing it, but I've been doing it. Not a lot though.

I won't be sharing too many songs from 13 Sentinel Primes: Pacific Rim but i'll post a few here and there. Like the title theme. The title theme is nice.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Sunshine? Difficult?

I meeeeeeeeeeean it's the hardest in comparison to other 3D Marios.

But mainly because of jank. 

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nah, I just mean the style reminds of me of that.

Ah, yeah i see that.

Do wish her design was kinda different tho. Looks too much like Lailah from Zestiria.

.....unless.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I dont think i can ever understand why people find Velvet (Tales of Berseria) an interesting protag.  

Because Velvet is the protagonist of an actually good Tales game lol lmao gottem haha.

Jokes aside, i feel like a lot of Tales protagonists are pretty much the same. Velvet's like the only one who actually gets like, questionable in terms of morality. Well as far as Tales characters go anyway.

55 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Just lack the motivation to emulate gamecube games outside from FE9, and even that one i haven't touched sine i finished it.

Here's some motivation. Sunshine movement >> Odyssey movement.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Do wish her design was kinda different tho. Looks too much like Lailah from Zestiria.

looks her up

I...kinda see it

kinda

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Here's some motivation. Sunshine movement >> Odyssey movement.

facts

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Jokes aside, i feel like a lot of Tales protagonists are pretty much the same. Velvet's like the only one who actually gets like, questionable in terms of morality. Well as far as Tales characters go anyway.

Yuri realises his way of doing things is wrong morally, though. So what makes it any different?

And he doesnt repeat himself every scene, lmao.

Just now, Ghost_06_ said:

Luke is the best Tales protag

*drops mic*

What. Luke Fon Fabre? THE Luke Fon Fabre? 

... Hes okay I guess. His growth was fine at least.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Meanwhile, Lloyd is among the best.

Happy 16th birthday to Symphonia and to this iconic Lloyd moment 🎉: tales

Literally the most brainless MC in Tales of, lmao.

Hey now, the coffee was such a big brain move... it probably explains his performance the rest of the game. lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What. Luke Fon Fabre? THE Luke Fon Fabre? 

... Hes okay I guess. His growth was fine at least.

THE Luke Fon Fabre

Abyss kino

32 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Not to mention he doesnt have to dial the edgy levels to 200% to be a badass. 

Velvet's edgy look is hilarious, I'll let it slide.

31 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Luke is the best Tales protag

*drops mic*

Too bad his game sucks.

As does the rest of the series pre-Berseria lol lmao gottem.

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Jokes aside, i feel like a lot of Tales protagonists are pretty much the same. Velvet's like the only one who actually gets like, questionable in terms of morality.

Questionable morality? Yuri...

Spoiler

wakes a prick of a man up in the middle of the night and kills him. And, although my memories of Vesperia are already fading, IIRC, he pulls the same trick again, and tries not let anyone know he did it either time. The usual protagonist would let such a disagreeable character live until they choose to be so openly evil as to actually fight the heroes. Yuri skips that nip a problem in the bud. 

Although, you did use the word "most", not "all". And for that, we would have to examine: Cress, Stahn, Reid, Kyle, Lloyd, Veigue, Senel, Luke, Caius, Luca, Yuri, Kor, Asbel, Jude, Milla, Ludger, Sorey, and Velvet. Most of whom I'm actually unfamiliar with, because Japanese or obscure old Tales. But I can imagine a lot of the relatively minor dudes in the above lineup could blur together.

And why are you questioning morality here when you've never spoke of it regarding Xeno? Unless Shion is particularly different, only Elma springs to mind as having iffy morality. 

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Literally the most brainless MC in Tales of, lmao.

Not brainless, just plain shounen I take it. Not that I've ever actually read/watched shounen stuff.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And why are you questioning morality here when you've never spoke of it regarding Xeno? Unless Shion is particularly different, only Elma springs to mind as having iffy morality. 

Well it's less that i was questioning morality and more that i was thinking a lot of Tales protags can be criticized the same way FE protags are criticized. Tales and Fire Emblem both have too many of those "goody two-shoes" protags that just kinda blur together so whenever one shows up who isn't, they stand out more by that simple fact along.

Xeno protags generally have good morality but I wouldn't say at all that they blend together. Although we are comparing a series with only seven (eight if you count Torna) installments (three of which have the same protags) vs two franchises who both are well into the double-digits in installments with several protagonists at this point. 

I am aware that goody two-shoes can kinda be a broad term but you get the point i'm trying to make here.