Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Missed this but what’s the idiot squad?

Pretty much all of my units got screwed early-game when it came to growths, so Hinata, whether it was by choice or divine intervention, became my Effie. In the mid-late game now, his damage output isn't fantastic compared to other units, but his physical bulk and Speed means he can take a load of hits without being doubled. Tsubaki can do a similar thing now with mixed bulk, but Hinata is unflinching in the face of even Generals and Berserkers.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Hmm, reached 4000 words with four "chapters". I think it's good now to upload, but I'll be writing one more just to make for a better cutting off point.

Must be quick, as I only have today now. I think.

Chapter 4 done. When I started I thought the challenge would be kinda whatever, Adel won't promote and I'll field a couple more characters than usual, but otherwise it's going to be about the same. But so far it's being surprisingly tight. I had to deploy everyone in this chapter. No exceptions. Just enough room for every unit available to be fielded once. Of course, this meant I had to hire Clifford, Volo, Sherpa and Faramir just so they could soften up enemies for Kramer in Children's Hero. My poor wallet... Though at least I was able to only hire them for the sidequests. Let me tell you, it was an experience to try 4-main with Faye as the infantry frontliner and two archers as her sole backup. Oof...

Speaking of my poor wallet, I bought Art: Revival and the porcelain vase. I'm hoping the vase will allow me to hire Sylvis, Faye and Ruby/Clifford as soon as possible to mitigate the mercenary budget. In retrospect, if I do save up some money from this, it probably won't be enough to compesante for the 25k investment in the vase, but... Eh. Furniture good.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Don't know when I'll play it, but couldn't pass up Vesperia for $12. As if I needed another JRPG in my backlog.

Fair warning about an endgame event if you plan on doing most things: if you miss a VERY OBSCURE event in the late game, your locked out of the extra dungeon! 

Okay BDII, I appreciate that you tell me what triggered a boss's counter move that didn't actually cost their turn. But that does NOT give you the right to have the boss counter practically every action I try to do. Especially an HP steal that can undo half the damage I deal with my strongest attacks. I couldn't get the guy below 8k and he actually healed him past 10k thanks to spamming Steal Life.

The only thing that doesn't seem to have a chance of triggering counters, is use of Beastmaster skills, because of course, try to force me to use the class I just got, and in a very crude way. I suppose I'll try swapping out my Monk subclassing for Vanguard, and if that still triggers counters, I guess I'll have to have spent twenty minutes capturing some monsters to get past this awful fight.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I never really played much GameCube outside of emulation. But that's because I grew up with the Wii and 3DS.

Genwiiner!

How but a few years makes what feels like so big a difference.

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Fair warning about an endgame event if you plan on doing most things: if you miss a VERY OBSCURE event in the late game, your locked out of the extra dungeon! 

Thanks for letting me know.

-------

also

holy frick that was close

I died while controlling Alphen and Shionne was dead

AI Rinwell just barely scraped by lmao.

Ah, next big update for Another Eden this Friday.

They're also finally adding the Japanese voices to the Steam version. If they add the rest of the daily bonuses stuff, I could switch back from my phone.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

'Afternoon! I finally have no homework, so I can finally relax!

What did I miss?

Sorry, Wraith!

Edited by Benice

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Man

I just entered the 5th castle

Game wtf

Yeah

Spoiler

Yeah, Valter is really fucked up.

Glad they give you Shionne back at the start tho, makes you realize you've been taking the Blazing Sword for granted this whole time.

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Guess I'm quite a bit behind the rest of you all

About to fight the second major boss

It's probably the hardest boss in the game.

Or rather, at least so far. I can see the boss of the fifth castle being harder.

Bravely Default II has a card minigame, and it hides a class behind it. Please be merciful, I don't have the patience to learn a card game in the middle of an RPG (unless the cards are part of the standard combat system). I want that class, without pain. 

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

sigh

I'm gonna have to lower the difficulty for this one

Sometimes that happens. No shame if it's no longer any fun and you've given it as a fair a shake as you're willing to. Difficulty in games isn't always balanced.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

that was actually a pretty satisfying fight, even on a lower difficulty

And I see this being the case. I've seen fights where I'm willing to learn the flow of the battle and attentively respond to it, but not put up with how durable/brutalizing the boss is.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Malos was gay. MyPy are straight, and Ontos is either asexual or bi/pansexual. Different perspectives on attraction in the threefold mind, as intended.

Pls don't point me towards MaJin yaoi fanfics, I'm not into that level of ship with them, bromance is as far I like it to go.