• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So it'll be something like "I'm going to kill Chaos", then becomes Chaos?

That is definitely a choice. Not one I was interested in. Hopefully it'll be hilarious.

As I pointed out earlier:

When asked about the role of Princess Sarah and the reveal of Jack’s full name being Jack Garland, Nomura had this to say:

Originally, I was planning to hide that Jack was Garland.. But I decided to change the direction of the marketing from “Who is Jack?” to “Why did Jack become Chaos?”

When did he decide this? No idea.

Sounds typical.

Over in Japan at least the "How and why" are more popular to the "what and who." Different attitudes towards spoilers and all that I suppose.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

When asked about the role of Princess Sarah and the reveal of Jack’s full name being Jack Garland, Nomura had this to say:

Originally, I was planning to hide that Jack was Garland.. But I decided to change the direction of the marketing from “Who is Jack?” to “Why did Jack become Chaos?”

When did he decide this? No idea.

AND I, JACK! WILL KNOCK YOU DOWN!

In pleasant surprise news, someone also put the entirety of Nightmare Before Christmas on youtube as well. (Arguably) For the season that's in it and all. I'd say it's good myself, don't worry about it being perfect or anything.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Over in Japan at least the "How and why" are more popular to the "what and who." Different attitudes towards spoilers and all that I suppose.

Maybe I'd be closer to wanting to keep as much of all of the above as possible I suppose.

I mean, I kinda get it and it would explain some of the spoilery OPs/trailers out there.

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sounds typical.

And it's not exactly a new technique, Shakespeare outright tells you which works of his are tragedies. And if you've seen/read a few Shakespeare (or opera) tragedies, you know they almost always have to end in the titular character going kathwack. So if you're told a work is a tragedy, your interest then lay in how the tragic death is executed.

Right now, the major artistic "how" that is passing through my head, is the Asakim-Masaki relationship, after I stumbled last night on comments that Banpresto did from the start leave hints of a concrete relationship behind, despite them declaring they no longer were storywise related as was planned in 1991. And that there is nonzero chance the next OG game could see something bad happen that turns Cybuster into Shurouga. But then what to make of comments saying the OGverse is implied to be the Zverse after a dimension reset? That would seem contradictory without a temporal recurrence.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

All right, fine. You win, Dragon Age. I'll just let myself get hauled to jail.

I've been taken to some place called Fort Drakon. Getting in will apparently be no small feat... Except two cutscenes later, two of my companions have already infiltrated the place. I found it neat that the game allowed me to pick between waiting for my companions or breaking myself out, as well as choosing which two companions should go. I picked Zevran and Morrigan and immediately they started bickering amongst each other. They got through the first door just by bullshitting their asses off, though, so I think I picked well.

Unfortunately, Sten isn't happy with the fact that I didn't kill ourselves by charging the invincible woman. -15 approval points. Psch. A couple gifts and he'll be back in line.

Just now, WraithReborn said:

Another day, and another victory in the making for our glorious Emperor! Also Acacia has been corrupted by Teehee as well I guess?

Okay, this stopped being funny. Drop it.

Pffft

Oh, what the fuck. Zevran got a friggin' sergeant to leave her post by telling her she's wasting the best years of her life on guard duty. This was supposed to be an impregnable fortress? Everyone guarding it is a moron!

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

RInwell!

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Tbf I barely tried anyone else, but I'm so comfortable using Alphen at this point that I probably won't switch.

I just like maining my sword boi.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Alphen because I rarely switch out of the main lead. Both because of habit and because I often find that the main lead's play style is the one that resonates with me the most.

Shrimpy: you forgot to state a reason. Xd

Interesting how our views differ so much, actually. 

That was so easy. Ahahahah! What the absolute fuck? I would've expected more. But no, everyone just got conned by Zevran, then we fought like 10 guards and just waltzed right out of the front door. The fuckin' pickpocket patrols were ten times worse than that. Snape lookalike needs to step up his game.

Hey Alistair. Would you be willing to bone the queen? I know you don't want to be king, but she's got experience with the whole "moron husband can't rule worth beans so I'll do it instead" arrangement. You'll just get to be cheered by your people and sit on your ass all day. C'mon, take one for the team, champ.

...Well, that was painless enough. He did take a moment to complain about "us", like he wasn't standing there when I took Zevran to my tent five times in a row. But he was easily convinced to give up the baby act and accept to be married off to some woman he's never even met for the sake of a political marriage that achieves very little, thinking about it.

I'm a monster, aren't I.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm a monster, aren't I.

Well SOMEONE needs to repopulate that world after all the damage you've done to it...

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Shrimpy: you forgot to state a reason. Xd

Her Magic charge makes her very easy to combo with

Stun someone with Boost Break, then drop a charged high level art into another one, then jump and spam her amazing air artes, boost break again to gain AG back, then you can cast fast, or continue in the air, or etc..

Oh my fucking God this game.

I beat up a bunch of slavers who were taking the elves in the alienage I came from, with Snape's blessing of course because Snape is evil, and then as he lay bleeding on the floor, the leader offered me a deal. I could straight up sacrifice the elves in the room (my own father included) to improve my physical resistance.

Not gonna lie, I was tempted. I was really tempted. But, well, in the end even I felt that was way, way too fucking ghoulish, so I finished the bastard off. I'm weak, I know. Then again, dad gave me an awesome dagger for Zevran, so that's nice. I don't regret being a good guy for once. Too much.

...Besides, you could argue living to see what his daughter has become is a harsher fate for Dad. Like, holy shit, wait till he hears about the whole "genocide of the forest elves" situation...

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well SOMEONE needs to repopulate that world after all the damage you've done to it...

If there is a world after this is all said and done. I might fail spectacularly yet.

We can never be free.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sure. But is Persona 5 a Jojos reference, or is it the other way around? Well, what now, Mr. Wiseguy?

Everything ever is also a JoJo reference.

It had nothing but gems worth two gold coins!

Those were very important gems that were worth two very important gold coins.

Well, that's it for tonight, I think. I acted uncharacteristically heroically for once, because I guess my desire to bully Soris took priority over being evil. Guy's still mad even after I rescued the slaves, and now he's even madder because I was the hero of the day and everyone loves me again. Yeah, you know what? Fuck you, Soris. I'll rat you out again if I get the chance.

Tomorrow it's the big confrontation with Snape. Hopefully things go well and I can put my puppet king on the throne alongside the extremely ambitious and power-hungry woman that was queen under Snape's regency. Yeah, that's totally gonna end well.

Just now, Armagon said:

Those were very important gems that were worth two very important gold coins.

Ah yes, how did I not realize. The famous Two Coins of the Maker, with which God himself paid the bill at the whorehouse during his fabled one-night incursion to the realm of the mortals.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

....I may have spoken too soon.

I fear there's going to be an incident over this.

I hope everything goes okay.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

But Sooks, how could you drop the game that inspired Omori?

I never touched Earthbound.

I want to kill you.

Wait, but you did drop Earthbound!

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ruben everybody knows that Omori is a reference to Persona 5. After all, everything is a reference to Persona 5.

Huh, I never saw to that Jojo part.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We can never be free.

Ignoring the joke at the end, isn’t the gameplay actually literally just Smash?

Just now, Sooks said:

I hope everything goes okay.

So far there hasn't been more than phone arguing.

It could be a bit messier this weekend though.

Just now, Sooks said:

Ignoring the joke at the end, isn’t the gameplay actually literally just Smash?

It's from a smash clone with Nickelodeon characters that's out soon.

fasumrasm no avatar gameplay yet /s

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I want to kill you.

https://i.redd.it/x3e5x1zck2571.jpg

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that's it for tonight, I think. I acted uncharacteristically heroically for once, because I guess my desire to bully Soris took priority over being evil. Guy's still mad even after I rescued the slaves, and now he's even madder because I was the hero of the day and everyone loves me again. Yeah, you know what? Fuck you, Soris. I'll rat you out again if I get the chance.

Give him a break, his wife was sold to the slavers and you couldn't save her.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Grey Wardens are sterile.

Pffft

Oh, what the fuck. Zevran got a friggin' sergeant to leave her post by telling her she's wasting the best years of her life on guard duty. This was supposed to be an impregnable fortress? Everyone guarding it is a moron!

Best conversation ever

Edited by Ghost_06_