Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

I presume that it was the FETuber allegations from last year, but I can't be certain.

From the sounds of it, it's a different situation but I've no clue.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Jack Black shouting Jason through a mall is what I need in my life.

Make it happen, Hollywood.

At the time it certainty looked better, but I don't know how much you were looking at the time.

I watched a playthrough at some point before 4's release but after 3 had already come out. To me, they're the kind of games that are more fun to watch than play.

Still, A Crack in Time arguably ranks higher than the lot. (Why yes, we stan Insomniac in my hovel)

My experience with Ratchet and Clank can be described in the following terms:

Also, the first thought that came to me when I read "A Crack in Time" was the amazing level from Dishonored 2, A Crack in the Slab.

Honestly, Dishonored 2 did not deserve the reception it got. The PC port had issues at launch, yes, and the story was inferior to the first one in some ways, but holy shit the game is sooooooooo good. Some of those levels are stunning masterpieces.

...Well okay, that, and I get to toss people around like this.

I must've played through the game like 6 or 7 times at this point. That shit never gets old. Look at him flopping to the ground, it's hilarious!

I mean, I'd say Blockado is a personal favourite, but that was harmed by my tendency for intentional routing of the map and thus having to deal with Ryoma and Xander.

Ah yeah, the block map. I seem to recall having had a bad time with that one, but looking bad in hindsight, it feels like a good map to me? That's weird.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My experience with Ratchet and Clank can be described in the following terms:

Me explaining that it's a cool series while having been a fan since first playing the original years after it came out.

Course, it's still Sony exclusive and I don't think it's been teed up for PC porting from what titles have been mentioned (That's not even talking about how the PS3 titles would ba a bitch to port and there's 6 of them). And maybe I am giving it too much credit, but hey there's a lot of titles for it

32 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

From the sounds of it, it's a different situation but I've no clue.

Odd. Never heard of any other controversies other than the Edelgard/Dimitri flame wars

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Odd. Never heard of any other controversies other than the Edelgard/Dimitri flame wars

I just used context from the comment of the Reddit post I put here, I've never really heard any other controversies either.

Forum Games is the only good section of this site.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Iga's cool. He made himself a boss in his game and voiced both the Japanese and the English version. I haven't the faintest idea what he's saying, but I love it.

The Chad IGA vs The Virgin Kaga

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They bombarded the guy going "literally nothing" with downvotes. I should not celebrate this. The downvote button isn't supposed to be a "I disagree" button, last I heard. But fuck me sideways, I'd be lying if I said I didn't love to see it.

Welcome to reddit. I recommend you to post something about Edelgard and see what happens.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I presume that it was the FETuber allegations from last year, but I can't be certain.

Which one?

Edited by Ghost_06_

17 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

The Chad IGA vs The Virgin Kaga

Well, no, but Iga is a Chad, I will give you that much.

17 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Welcome to reddit. I recommend you to post something about Edelgard and see what happens.

No, I don't think I will, thank you. I got my Fates circlejerk, I am now satisfied with Reddit for the month.

*Sees straight dudes whine about "censorship" in their video games for the umpteenth time*

🤣

You get more than enough fanservice in video games, quit complaining!

-Just a gut reaction of resentment to the privileged incel class.😄

---

Also, seems like Playstation in Japan is very truly dead. A game of that one Demon Slayer manga/anime sold not even 120k physical copies, despite the manga selling 90 million copies last year in Japan alone, larger than the entire US comic market for the year. Sure the game was criticized as a heartless 7/10 at best, but people have been saying that smokin' hot new media franchise sweeping Japan by storm and having made the best-selling Japanese movie ever, really really really underperformed.

I kinda have to agree. the miracle of the obscure Sakuna: of Rice and Ruin selling 1 million copies on positive enough reviews (7-8/10), word of mouth, and a simultaneous release on PS4, PC, and Switch (the best seller IIRC) puts this to shame.

In other words @Shrimp γ, Nihon Falcom is likely gonna sink for good if they don't get off the Sony ship. This is more evidence of that. Decline is interesting to watch.

----

Hmm... I was feeling a little empty today. Not depressed or sad, nor overly happy, no more turbulence, it's emotional stillness, not quite boring, but drifting. I wouldn't want to be on the roller coaster of emotions I was earlier this week again, but I do feel some sense of envy towards the ever eager and smiling extroverts -if only it came without lows. Still incapable I was of perfect concentration, the weather was still nice enough I could've attained satori, if only my mind could've free itself from all petty distractions. The delight of some good food  shopping (though the brie-tomato-puff pastry was bleh) and history has provided a little positivity, kept pleasantly light.

Though the daylights hours have been spent, the evening's meal consumed, in violation of my usual rules on starting new games at night, I must begin Neo TWEWY now. The tranquility of the soul I have at this moment is such that it feels as though I could be at most receptive, devoid of great overhanging thoughts. This is a very rare opportunity, I must take advantage of it while it lasts, it is the mindset closest to which so often seek to achieve with a new game, but rarely attain. If it be but a session of two hours, it will be enough. To fill my drained vessel with something I know ought to be good, before some negative factor should hurry in and claim my mind as its abode.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I'm not too surprised reading that. Since hasn't Sony made quite a few bad decisions in the past years, at least when it comes to what the consumers think about it?

Sony went to shit the moment they moved its PlayStation headquarters from Tokyo to California.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Come now Benice, the rock I live under isn’t that massive. It definitely wasn’t that, unless I missed a reply. I’m assuming it was before my time (on this site, which I guess is older than I am).

Edited by Sooks

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202110/21238096.html

What is the difficulty level of the game if I only go through the key missions?

Mogami: This game doesn't have the "SR points" (a system that automatically makes subsequent difficulty levels harder by efficiently defeating enemies) that the previous titles had, so you can choose the difficulty level yourself from the beginning. You can also switch difficulty levels midway through the game via intermissions. If you're a skilled player, you can choose the hardest difficulty level from the start, or if you don't have much time and want to get on with it, you can just go through the key missions in Beginner's Mode.

Terada: But you can earn more money by playing missions other than the key missions, so I think that's what players who have played "SUPAROBO" for a long time will do. If you only play the key missions, there are slightly fewer episodes than in recent "SUPAROBO" games, but if you complete all the missions, the game becomes quite large. It's one of the biggest "SUPAROBO" games for home use.

Huh, no SR Points? That's interesting. Then again, with difficulty being now freely changeable, I suppose they would've done something else with them or just remove them.

If you only play the key missions, there are slightly fewer episodes than in recent "SUPAROBO" games

When you remember the average SRW game has 50-60 maps, "slightly fewer" isn't that much of a loss. XD

but if you complete all the missions, the game becomes quite large. It's one of the biggest "SUPAROBO" games for home use.

One of the biggest? Just how many will there be? Over 100 like Impact!? And I guess this isn't counting the DLC maps, which are like over 40 of them or so with the whole package.

Again, if you really want to know to what specifically that was about, PM it. But not to me, I can't be trusted to give a good recall of it since I no longer remember much details about it.

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It's a Sony trash session? What happened?

Sony is failing in Japan because it turned its back on its roots.

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Everything turns into a trash session eventually, its a perpetual cycle that we get caught up in to justify our exsistence amongst other humans.

Truer words have never been spoken.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Rurushu my beloved