• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

that too too fricking long, lmao

Hey, at least you didn't have to put friggin' fangame characters in your list. Every single refresher in the series just... Sort of blends together for me, while Anakin is the coolest lord. So, Anakin as best dancer, fuck it. If pairings don't have to be canon, neither do the characters.

...okay, to be fair, I could've easily given Pegasus Knight to Sasha and wyvern to like, Larentia or something, but I desperately needed to put my man Kurtis there. Kurtis is so powerful he singlehandedly got me to play Lonely Mirror, how could I not?

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

Also another Lyon enjoyer i see

Lyon's got a score of three out of three so far. Let's see who breaks the mold first.

Alright, I'm off to The Pitt! Which turns out to be post-apocalypse Pittsburgh. So not looking much different from today. Even the steel mills are back in action, but now operating on slave labor.

Alright, I've been thinking about this one for way too long, someone give me literally any male fe character who isn't from Three Houses and they're in (unless you happen to pick, out of every male fe character, one I already have on there).

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Alright, I've been thinking about this one for way too long, someone give me a male FE character who isn't from Three Houses and happens to not already be on my sheet and they're in.

Quan, as a guess for someone who likely isn't on your sheet?

Edited by twilitfalchion

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Quan, as a guess for someone who likely isn't on your sheet?

Great, good old Quan, definitely the least forgettable character out there.

Seriously though, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In what, your attempt at the chart?

Yes. I could not think of a single guy I'd want to put on there that much who wasn't already there, so the broad category of male left me stumped.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

Yes. I could not think of a single guy I'd want to put on there that much who wasn't already there, so the broad category of male left me stumped.

I'd treat it as who's your favourite and either keep them in the class category or choose your second favourite in that category.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Benice, you have killed like 80% of my interest in Souls games with this one statement.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

and it's kinda cool to navigate based on guessing. At least to me.

Too easy to run around in circles tho. It's like the biggest reason why i don't agree with Metroid Prime 1 (and to a lesser extent, Super Metroid)'s high praise.

I mean, you can always look at a guide. Not to mention that the level design often accounts for the fact that there's no map.

At least to me, though, there's nothing quite like the feeling of stumbling blind through a new area, having no clue what's behind each corner and not knowing when the next Bonfire will arrive.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

He was here yesterday tho...or am i remembering wrong?

My brain isn't here, apparently.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Whelp, I have gotten past chapter 2 of Yakuza 0, and there is a LOT of side content in this game. It feels a little odd how clear the moment side-stories unlocked is (its after the story fight with Mr. Shakedown... although pocket racing stuff isn't unlocked until the morning after), just spacing out that unlock time a little would be nice (like unlocking some after some of the fights for instance).

Yeah, it's definitely a good idea to not do all the substories you find at once.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Storywise it felt like this chapter was just the game spinning its wheels with Kiryu rejecting Tachibana for all of like, a day, before deciding to join them anyway, and given how willing Tachibana was to accept Kiryu before, the whole testing him fight felt especially contrived.I did also get just past the introduction of Majima, and it is very amusing how politely he blackmailed the drunk he utterly embarrassed with his skill.

Yeah, chapter 2 is rather feeble. The game takes its time to get going, but it does get there. I generally would advise not doing too much side stuff early on, since that's the weaker bit of both stories.

Well, that took longer than expected.

b0EeqYu.png
Yes, over half the chart is Three Houses characters. What can I say, it has the best characters in the series.

I left laguz blank because I have yet to touch Tellius. I also did not get cool art for the characters and went for (mostly) in game portraits because I am lazy. Gatekeeper and Quan are meme picks because I didn’t know who to put there, and Nah, Ashe and Gonzales are only here because I needed someone to fill those spots (Ashe isn’t technically a bow knight but like… I can’t think of a canon bow knight with a personality, so oh well). I let myself count Dorothea as a dancer because Shrimpy did, and I’m counting Mozu as an archer because there is no other option for her.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Hope Sooks is doing OK, it's been a couple days since he's been here.

I missed this, because I actually have not been all that active lately, nor following the thread that closely. I’ve managed to maybe chime in once every other day or something like that, though.

I am perfectly okay though, thanks! I just haven’t been in much of a video games mood lately, and without that there’s basically nothing to add here, like ever.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lyon's got a score of three out of three so far. Let's see who breaks the mold first.

Hi, hello, I am breaking the mold.

Yes I read this and fully acknowledged that I could have thrown Lyon in the male spot when I had no one to put. But I didn’t.

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'd treat it as who's your favourite and either keep them in the class category or choose your second favourite in that category.

What I did was knock out all the classes until no one else from either male or female stuck out to me in an unrepresented class and then look at them. Which was easy for Lucina, because she was the highlight of an FE I really didn’t enjoy that much, but no men stood out to me (although I debated Yuri and Hanneman, but I didn’t want too much Three Houses in there).

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is it at Big MT?

My brain can't be there if it never existed in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am perfectly okay though, thanks! I just haven’t been in much of a video games mood lately, and without that there’s basically nothing to add here, like ever.

That's good to hear.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I mean, you can always look at a guide.

I'd rather not.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Not to mention that the level design often accounts for the fact that there's no map.

I'd say that sounds fair but what if i go a few weeks without playing? A map would help me remember what i was doing last.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

At least to me, though, there's nothing quite like the feeling of stumbling blind through a new area, having no clue what's behind each corner and not knowing when the next Bonfire will arrive.

I think that's fun at first but both Super Metroid and the first two Primes have shown me that getting lost for too long just become frustrating. I just don't like getting lost.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I missed this, because I actually have not been all that active lately, nor following the thread that closely. I’ve managed to maybe chime in once every other day or something like that, though.

Tbh, it hasn't felt like you haven't been inactive much. Idk, maybe time just blurs here.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Tbh, it hasn't felt like you haven't been inactive much. Idk, maybe time just blurs here.

Do you mean now or in general? Because in general you’d be right, I haven’t been inactive much, it’s just that I’ve just been comparatively less active for a bit recently. Which might still qualify as active, idrk.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'd rather not.

Why not? It takes, like, two seconds to search up a map of any given area.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'd say that sounds fair but what if i go a few weeks without playing? A map would help me remember what i was doing last.

Eh, DS areas are small enough that you'd most likely not have issues getting through them if it's been a while.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think that's fun at first but both Super Metroid and the first two Primes have shown me that getting lost for too long just become frustrating. I just don't like getting lost.

Make sure you never go on a hike with me, then.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Does anyone know if a Berwick Saga reverse recruitment patch exists?

There does not, since the way Berwick events work would make even just direct swaps a massive hassle to get working on the programming side. It would break a lot of scripted events entirely and probably the game itself alongside it.