Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

That being said Awakening is the only FE game I've played so far that has kept me coming back while I often lose motivation to keep playing the other games. I've started a Blazing Blade playthrough 4 separate times and had given up in each run.

I'm hoping to be better though. I want to experience all these games after all.

Well, there’s no need to force yourself if you’ve experienced enough of a game to tell that you won’t like it. Assuming that’s why you’re losing motivation, anyway.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

One of us has failed.

Yeah and it was you.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Switch screenshot transferring is a tad cumbersome, so I've never done it. It's a painfully easy magnet-moving of a block, with a switch to reset the block's location. How I'm supposed to get access to the gated-off southern portion of the room is eluding me.

I haven't given it another try yet, I must be missing something basic. It's not that deep in the dungeon. The answer feels like "move the block while you're standing atop it". -Except I have no means of reaching the magnets at the higher elevation.

Ok so (I will spoiler tag it in case you still wanna figure it out yourself but if you're still stuck, feel free to take a look)

Spoiler

2021120523280600-AD0B3B2F03800567E0E43C7

You get on the block there and then, with an element equipped (you don't have Shock yet but use any element), aim like so. That will bring the block to the next destination

2021120523282200-AD0B3B2F03800567E0E43C7

And repeat the process. The trick is to find the angels that hit both the tubes and the Shock ball and the magnet.

Once you get to the end of the upper side, a ramp will send you to the lower side of the room where you will do another set of these puzzles.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Well, there’s no need to force yourself if you’ve experienced enough of a game to tell that you won’t like it. Assuming that’s why you’re losing motivation, anyway.

I've thought about that but I think there's more to it. In general I've been very easy to distract and have failed to finish many things, books, shows, games, even if I like them. It's only forms of media that I especially love that keeps me invested the whole time. This is a flaw of mine that for the past year I've been trying to fix. Every thing that I've started this year I've committed to finishing and it's made my life much more fulfilling. 

Also playing FE7 on Wii U's virtual console is really clunky so next time I play it I'll just emulate it or play it on a GBA. I'm sure I'd enjoy it much more then. Plus the guidance of these forums will help me greatly!

Ahaha, man, since I withheld from doing so for so long, I'm pretty much just obliterating the superbosses in Present Garulea in Another Eden. Well, one of them will require a specialized team due to their type immunities, but other than that, I can deal with the remaining seven with little to no problem.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Ngl, some Fates does sound pretty good right about now.

…why does this always happen to me on this thread?

Welp. It was a good attempt. Do try New Mystery again some other time.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Bro look at the new icon

KYwI4CDPwd1c0EreOhd4KctUTOBcxbIdfGOAwIfU

This feels lewd.

This FEHeroes?

I see it gets worse and worse with each passing year.

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

difndf.thumb.PNG.c452b2ad985c2b270eeec9b72306595e.PNG

This is only the beginning, and soon I too will have a tier list worthy of people's anger and disagreement.

I am already mad.

It will be a glorious day indeed.

It's up there by default since I don't feel comfortable ranking other games I've played but have not yet finished or experienced much of.

That being said Awakening is the only FE game I've played so far that has kept me coming back while I often lose motivation to keep playing the other games. I've started a Blazing Blade playthrough 4 separate times and had given up in each run.

That's not surprising. Blazing Blade is the most empty FE in the entire series.

I'm hoping to be better though. I want to experience all these games after all.

I have done it.

At times I would've told you it wasn't worth it. I played the entire bottom tier in a row. I almost lost motivation to continue. Then I reached Fates.

4 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

playing FE7 on Wii U's virtual console is really clunky so next time I play it I'll just emulate it or play it on a GBA. I'm sure I'd enjoy it much more then. Plus the guidance of these forums will help me greatly!

Emulating GBA is super easy. Any computer should be able to do it.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Welp. It was a good attempt. Do try New Mystery again some other time.

I mean, I didn’t say I was gonna play Conquest. Necessarily.

But yeah, maniac was fun, I just burnt myself out on the game.

Ohhh I fucking hate this game.

Turns out, there wasn't enough hallow in the jungle to consistently spawn the hallow enemies, but there was enough hallow to prevent the painter from selling me a jungle pylon. So now I have to move their entire homes further into the jungle, which means no convenient access to the underground jungle unless I dig a hole myself, and I'll probably die to another five or six tortoises and have to wait out a couple more solar eclipses before I finally have the fucking thing.

And count my lucky stars I set up the ocean pylon first. I can at least use that to make the travels back to the jungle slightly less tedious.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, I didn’t say I was gonna play Conquest. Necessarily.

But yeah, maniac was fun, I just burnt myself out on the game.

Eh, understandable. Glad to hear maniac was fun, at least. I'd say play something else, maybe not even FE, and then come back to this.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, understandable. Glad to hear maniac was fun, at least. I'd say play something else, maybe not even FE, and then come back to this.

Since I’ve officially reached the kino in Steins;Gate, that’s looking like what’s going to happen. And maybe Conquest.

Edited by Sooks

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

That chapter was pure kino. The writing was phenomenal, the twists were incredible, the music was powerful and elevated all the scenes it needed to, and the voice acting… my god, the voice acting was insanely good, it carried so much emotion despite me not understanding a word of it. It was wonderfully done, I can’t think of any acting or voice acting performances that made me feel that much, wow, just… wow. And the end of the chapter cliffhanger… if only I didn’t have to sleep and school wasn’t a thing, then I could just keep playing this game.

Sooks landed in peak kino

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

about the voice acting being insanely good, I was talking about that scene

Spoiler

I failed

I failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed

Edited by Father Shrimpas

52 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Sooks landed in peak kino

Reveal hidden contents

I failed

I failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed

My response to both of these is simply yes.

So i'm pretty much near the end of CS 1, and i'm doing my rating on the game now.

The gameplay: It's still got alot of the core Trails elements. which is good. They added some new things to spice up gameplay a little, some for the better, others, not so much. Overall, i'm alright with the changes they made to the core. Doesn't make or break the gameplay.

The Story: I liked the idea of trying to be consistent with Sky and Zero, but they felt a bit out of sync here. The story doesn't "flow" the way Sky does. The character's lack depth, i realise it's the first installment, but it still hurts a little. The world building is good, i can give it that at least.

The Music: Pretty good overall, alot of catchy tunes i found myself humming to. XD

The Balance: Okay... so this is where the ratings start to take a serious nosedive. The character balance was shit in this game. Wonky crafts that literally carried the player to free wins, combined with pathetic enemies and the busted Triple and Double advantage states? Yeah encounters were a total joke. Arts literally wiped enemy parties when you had the right setup going. And a special clap goes to Chrono Burst for being so fucking ridiculous, it wasn't even funny. Strategy was 0/10 for this game.

The Quests: They felt Sky esque, but they kinda had a bit of a "repetitive" issue going on here.

So, i'm giving CS 1 an 8/10 overall, most of the drop coming from the shit balance design.

FF4waSdXwAYJkye?format=jpg&name=medium

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The Balance: Okay... so this is where the ratings start to take a serious nosedive. The character balance was shit in this game. Wonky crafts that literally carried the player to free wins, combined with pathetic enemies and the busted Triple and Double advantage states? Yeah encounters were a total joke. Arts literally wiped enemy parties when you had the right setup going. And a special clap goes to Chrono Burst for being so fucking ridiculous, it wasn't even funny. Strategy was 0/10 for this game.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

8/10 overall

Ngl i'm like genuinely surprised. I feel like with the way you were talking about it, you would've scored it lower.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The Quests: They felt Sky esque, but they kinda had a bit of a "repetitive" issue going on here.

It's better than Sky in this regard because you can reasonably complete them without the plot progressing if you so much take a step towards your next destination.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

So they have setup.. only to make a full on face dive? Nice.

Full on face dive is an understatement.

It all becomes about every character worshipping BlancoFace's D

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Ngl i'm like genuinely surprised. I feel like with the way you were talking about it, you would've scored it lower

I would've expected a 5 the way he talked tbh

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So they have setup.. only to make a full on face dive? Nice.

Well tbh i don't agree with the sentiment, even if it does get messy here and there. It's main issue is that the second half of the Cold Steel saga is pretty much a loop on the first, although New Class VII is a lot better than Class VII. You'll see when you get there.

Shrimpy has a lot more issues with it obviously, i'm just offering a different perspective.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Yeah i'm like genuinely confused.

Feels like

d4c990ceca7c78453b1fab762f0c8bbf93646890

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ngl i'm like genuinely surprised. I feel like with the way you were talking about it, you would've scored it lower.

It's better than Sky in this regard because you can reasonably complete them without the plot progressing if you so much take a step towards your next destination.

Well, i'm not one who follows the belief that "gameplay is everything" so i can appreciate the finer points of the game.

I only missed one quest, the one where you need to make a full course meal, and by "missed" i mean chose not to do.

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Geez, i'm not that harsh! Unless it gets REALLY bad, that probably won't happen, haha.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, i'm not one who follows the belief that "gameplay is everything" so i can appreciate the finer points of the game.

Well i guess it'd be better to take a game you can snap in half over one that's excruciatingly hard.

I know i would anyways.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Geez, i'm not that harsh! Unless it gets REALLY bad, that probably won't happen, haha.

Wait, are you one of those people that's like "7/10 is the cutoff point, anything lower is meh or bad"? Just curious cause that's what it kinda feels like.

I remember you gave Arise a 6/10 and that was like bad for your standards.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well tbh i don't agree with the sentiment, even if it does get messy here and there. It's main issue is that the second half of the Cold Steel saga is pretty much a loop on the first, although New Class VII is a lot better than Class VII. You'll see when you get there.

Shrimpy has a lot more issues with it obviously, i'm just offering a different perspective.

Yeah i'm like genuinely confused.

Feels like

d4c990ceca7c78453b1fab762f0c8bbf93646890

Well, i guess i'll see when i get that far! XD

I was pleasantly surprised, actually! I thought i would be all "well, this game isn't Sky!" But it really stood on it's own overall. I was impressed.

That thumbs down was used on Tales of Arise already!

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Unless it gets REALLY bad, that probably won't happen, haha.

Really bad deservers a 1 to 4 tho.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's main issue is that the second half of the Cold Steel saga is pretty much a loop on the first, although New Class VII is a lot better than Class VII.

CS3 would've been a genuinely good game imo if CS1/2 didn'T exist

Just now, Armagon said:

Well i guess it'd be better to take a game you can snap in half over one that's excruciatingly hard.

I know i would anyways.

Wait, are you one of those people that's like "7/10 is the cutoff point, anything lower is meh or bad"? Just curious cause that's what it kinda feels like.

I remember you gave Arise a 6/10 and that was like bad for your standards.

I'm fine with fun options being there, but things like Chrono Burst? 2 free turns was NOT a good idea under any circumstance.

Yeah, that would be bad to me, that's why CS is good. the quality difference between Arise and CS was not even comparible.

Don't bring up bad memories. Please. 😒

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Really bad deservers a 1 to 4 tho.

I don't know if i'd ever actually rate something that low, haha.