• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

I mean, as far as i know, there is no DLC for Dusk DX so i guess you just can't have Lulua and Ryza songs play in them unless you mod. But maybe it's because they were basically just ports.

This is most likely the case.

Just now, Armagon said:

But like, Ryza doesn't even have Change BGM in the base game. It's a free download, sure, but it's a little bit upsetting when this basic feature is now being turned into DLC.

... And I completely forgot about this one.
My earlier tinfoil-hattery now seems not too far-fetched anymore.

Just now, Armagon said:

You joke but they absolutely would do that.

Yep. That's the problem. Gust is owned by Koei Tecmo, one of the greediest Japanese publishers.
They're not on the level of the worst of the worst yet (EA, Activision-Blizzard, Ubisoft), but it's still pretty damn bad.

Here's hoping Atelier Ryza 2 isn't marred with shitty business practices.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Never heard of a franchise having all the music from prior games in another unless you have an old franchise that features the same old ten tunes in every game Kirby, that sounds very generous.

The amount changes in each game. iirc, Atelier Sophie was the first to have Change BGM and the selection was very small. But as time went on, selections got bigger and then the DX versions of the Dusk trilogy had basically every song from every Atelier game (minus Lulua and Ryza)+some songs from non-Atelier Gust games as well.

Change BGM is honestly a fantastic feature and more games should do it.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Same with Lulua, probably to save space for those that don't need it

Yeah but Lulua at least had Change BGM in the base game, it was just limited to songs from Atelier Rorona and Lulua.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I mean, aslong as it's it free, it being a download doesn't really matter imo

Good point.
Though it being free now paves the way to it becoming non-free somewhere down the line, especially if enough people download it.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I blame the Switch catridges more than anything, don't forget they hold max 16GB

which in this day and age aren't much

Also a good point.

And while the game did come out on PS4 and PC as well, the release date was the same on all platforms.
But I honestly can't recall seeing a free download for the Change BGM feature in the PS4 version. Maybe I really have a bad memory...

Edited by DragonFlames

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I blame the Switch catridges more than anything, don't forget they hold max 16GB

which in this day and age aren't much

I thought it was 32GB?

Either way, tbf, most Switch games are compressed so they take up far less space. Compared to basically every other platform where you have to buy external drives because having three games alone can take up the entire base storage. 

Sudden Shrimpy topic change! xD

So last year, during a weekly Nep writing prompt thread i some time take part in, i wrote a response to a Neptunia X Fate/SN prompt, and i have been wanting to turn it into a full fic, actually. I didn't back then because i was working on my Thesis, so now that i am free-ish, i have been thinking of actually doing that

Except some other ideas on how to do that popped into my head.

Instead of Nep and IF as MCs from Nep side, i've been thinking  on doing Nep/Nepgear/Histoire or the CPUs instead

398950680217255977.png?v=1

hmmm

what to do what to do

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I thought it was 32GB?

Either way, tbf, most Switch games are compressed so they take up far less space. Compared to basically every other platform where you have to buy external drives because having three games alone can take up the entire base storage. 

32 costs extra for the developer, afaik.

And the compression comes with a price, like worse performance

Honestly though, when it comes to consoles physical > digital anyway

PC is another matter

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Sudden Shrimpy topic change! xD

So last year, during a weekly Nep writing prompt thread i some time take part in, i wrote a response to a Neptunia X Fate/SN prompt, and i have been wanting to turn it into a full fic, actually. I didn't back then because i was working on my Thesis, so now that i am free-ish, i have been thinking of actually doing that

Except some other ideas on how to do that popped into my head.

Instead of Nep and IF as MCs from Nep side, i've been thinking  on doing Nep/Nepgear/Histoire or the CPUs instead

398950680217255977.png?v=1

hmmm

what to do what to do

I like the idea!

I suggest having all four CPUs as MCs from Nep's side. Makes it feel more authentic for a crossover, I think.
Also, some character interactions could potentially be fun, like Rin and Noire.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's the Switch, too, actually.
You have buy a bigger micro SD card if you want to hold more games on the thing, because the base system storage is pathetically small.
So small that, during the console release, there were complaints that some games were too big for it, if I recall correctly.

Also, it might be because I got a later model, but I have a crapton of games on my PS4, most of which are digital, and I don't need any external drives for it whatsoever.

Edited by DragonFlames

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The amount changes in each game. iirc, Atelier Sophie was the first to have Change BGM and the selection was very small. But as time went on, selections got bigger and then the DX versions of the Dusk trilogy had basically every song from every Atelier game (minus Lulua and Ryza)+some songs from non-Atelier Gust games as well.

Thank you for the information! Get on the bandwagon for X2 Monolith, it'll make a Sawano return (hopefully it make the desirable technical corrections to the new OST) more palatable to its naysayers.

I've heard of select OST DLC in some Koei-Tecmo games before. And I remember Pokemon SS/HG had the retro soundtrack mode, a similar retro mode is in Etrian Odyssey V, Untold, Untold 2 and maybe Nexus. 7th Dragon 2020 and 2020-II had a Diva Mode that added Hatsune Miku vocals without lyrics to the music. And Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny changed most of the OST to Frontier's for a day if you conversed with one of the visiting NPCs from that game. And then there was Endless Ocean, a relaxation game on the Wii that let you upload your own soundtrack via an SD card.

Yo guess who got a haircut even though I got one less than a year ago? There was... more that was chopped off than I was expecting

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

7th Dragon 2020 and 2020-II had a Diva Mode that added Hatsune Miku vocals without lyrics to the music

Excuse me what? MIKU?!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

A tsun off xD

Yep! XD

Depending on how you want it to be, a crossover like that can be hilarious.
But I'm sure something more serious would work, too, since Neptunia isn't exactly a stranger to more serious stories, either.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yep! XD

Depending on how you want it to be, a crossover like that can be hilarious.
But I'm sure something more serious would work, too, since Neptunia isn't exactly a stranger to more serious stories, either.

Everytime i try to write something hilarious, it turns out serious just like the initial 3 chapters i linked

xD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Everytime i try to write something hilarious, it turns out serious just like the initial 3 chapters i linked

xD

That works, too! Look at the Neptunia anime that turned (semi)serious around halfway in and then went all in on the serious by episode 9.
I legit thought the link lead to the ff.net story you wrote that you shared with me before that had the same premise. I didn't know it was actually a reddit thread. My bad!

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Excuse me what? MIKU?!

Sega apparently has or had some access to the Vocaloid, must be related to their creation of the Project DIVA games. Sega likewise published 7th Dragon 2020. She sings the openings to both 2020 and 2020-II and shows up just because in the game as well, being or more less there and nothing else.

The soundtrack very much remains its own thing, sometimes the Miku additions are slim, but they're there in every composition. Soundtrack for the first game in Diva Mode, I've jumped to a very Miku track.:

I can't find 2020-II's OST wholesale. Obscure Japan-only RPG with a name near identical to the prior is too obscure.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

That works, too! Look at the Neptunia anime that turned (semi)serious around halfway in and then went all in on the serious by episode 9.

I need to watch the Nep anime sometime xD

I legit thought the link lead to the ff.net story you wrote that you shared with me before that had the same premise. I didn't know it was actually a reddit thread. My bad!

sorry for self promoting haha

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly though, when it comes to consoles physical > digital anyway

I agree, the Switch is just convenient for the other way around.

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You have buy a bigger micro SD card if you want to hold more games on the thing, because the base system storage is pathetically small.

Well yeah but most games on Switch don't take up more than 16 GB. It's not like the 50+ GB games you can find on other platforms. Also, the other platforms have install updates, meaning even if you get it physically, you still have to install it before you can actually play it. I don't get why this a thing for physical. 

All the platforms have their pros and cons but when it comes to storage, Nintendo's usually the best one in that regard imo.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny changed most of the OST to Frontier's for a day if you conversed with one of the visiting NPCs from that game.

Oh fuck, that reminds me, Rune Factory 4 does have Change BGM. I forget how though. I know there's a jukebox you can buy but i don't remember if it's something you get after beating Act 2 or if you can buy it beforehand.

Edited by Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh fuck, that reminds me, Rune Factory 4 does have Change BGM. I forget how though. I know there's a jukebox you can buy but i don't remember if it's something you get after beating Act 2 or if you can buy it beforehand.

It's in the Extra Orders, I believe.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I need to watch the Nep anime sometime xD

Yes, definitely do! It's great!

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

sorry for self promoting haha

It's no problem at all! No need for apologies! 😉

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well yeah but most games on Switch don't take up more than 16 GB. It's not like the 50+ GB games you can find on other platforms.

True.
I'm lucky I never saw/got any of those 50+ GB games. XD

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't get why this a thing for physical. 

Me, either.
It's complete nonsense.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

All the platforms have their pros and cons but when it comes to storage, Nintendo's usually the best one in that regard imo.

I don't really feel that strongly about it, tbh. Just wanted to clear up what I though to be a misconception, is all.
But I agree, Nintendo is pretty good about that kind of stuff. I'm actually surprised how many games will still fit on my 128 GB SD card I got for my Switch when I bought the console.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh fuck, that reminds me, Rune Factory 4 does have Change BGM.

Oh? Iiiiinteresting!

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's in the Extra Orders, I believe.

If it is there, I haven't unlocked it yet, so it's definitely sometime after the Water Ruins if it is connected to story progress.

I think this shall be my normal battle theme for the next Atelier session

It's no problem at all! No need for apologies!

I see you pulled the Uno reverse card xD