• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I enjoy the crafting

doesn't mean i want to do it every single time xD

True!
Especially if you get some really good/rare traits on your items that you can't get back easily. Or - and this is what I mostly used it for initially - when you're still somewhat starved for materials and thus can't make too many of a certain item, even though you really need it for something else (such as combat). I love the fact that this feature exists, in all honesty!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Blue_Pleroma_(Sen_III).png

Did someone say Pleroma?

FcySFK8.png
I knew saving this when you shared it would come in handy eventually.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From Trails I assume?

yes!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I love the fact that this feature exists, in all honesty!

Crafting would've been much more annoying without it, for sure!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14878013

If I die a billion times, I'm gonna blame you for it! XD

Alright, Extreme difficulty it is!

By the by, Nights of Azure 2 has only three difficulty settings: Easy, Normal, and Extreme.
I think they skipped Hard. XD

Also, interestingly enough, the first Nights of Azure doesn't have a selectable difficulty. In that game, what you see is what you get.

Edited by DragonFlames

IMG_20200904_135710.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20200904_135711.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20200904_135713.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20200904_135714.jpg?width=768&height

Teehee

This Heart-to-Heart was pretty stupid tho ngl.

Anyways i fought Ahkos and that fight wasn't too bad except for when i got hit by Driver Shackle and because BoC increases status effect duration.....yeah. But after that fight was done, i traversed Uraya's stomach area to reach the capital.

Views

IMG_20200904_135857.jpg?width=768&height

And here's the the view from the top of those cliffs, right next to Fonsa Myma's enterance

IMG_20200904_135859.jpg?width=768&height

And of course, the Kingdom of Uraya theme is beautiful.

Between this and Satorl Marsh, Xenoblade games really do be giving beautiful themes to the swamp areas (although i guess Uraya isn't strictly a swamp).

20 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I beat Ludegert a second time, which means my challenge run is officially complete!

Congratulations

79c.gif

14 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I might actually get Sterk's Ulti, since party is lvl ~85 atm heading to Night Domain. Wew was Fire domain long and tough and fun.

My party was definitely not Lv.85 when i went into the Night's Domain. Though i was playing on Normal iirc.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ys Origin coming October 1. Nice.

Oh that's right around the corner. Sweet.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I doubt Atelier fanbase will be anything like Falcom or pre FE16 fanbase unless they do 3 more Ryza games or something.

Atelier fandom is just really chill for the most part, likely due to the series itself being very chill. Some older fans don't like the changes Ryza made to the combat as well as the somewhat lack of character events which is understandable. And there's still the debate on whether or not removing the time-limits was for the better or not.

Although i will say that even though Ryza does have fanserivce complaints, i am confused because despite what the marketing may show, Ryza barely had any fanservice moments in the game itself and the moments that were there weren't that different from previous games.

Just now, Julian Teehee said:

I would love to play Persona 2 since I have heared only good things about this game yet.

I wouldn't actually.

Narratively, the game is at least decent, arguably good (I thought it was). And the same can be said for the cast of characters, even in the absence of the Social Links/Confidants that P3 invented. 

But gameplay-wise, I got through Innocent Sin and couldn't be bothered to go into Eternal Punishment. Why? Random encounter rate is way too high, battles are stiff and definitely a little slow. Dungeon-design was rather poor too. Music is only alright outside of the main themes. And being PS1 games, they visually fail to be more than acceptable. 

I'd say "watch a no-commentary Let's Play", as I did with Eternal Punishment. But for me I kinda felt that was flawed too, because LPers aren't going to revisit most locations after every dungeon and seeing if the NPCs and the four non-silent heroes changed their conversations just for the sake of it. I enjoyed doing that in Innocent Sin because it added bit by bit to the feel of the world and the heroes themselves. -But this is just me, maybe you're different.

But then, what's to be done? Find cheat codes to pop in the old emulator for insta-leveling, unlimited Tarot Cards and etc. when the tedium comes in? 

Meanwhile i am still doing the game list and got to the FE part

YEv4tJ0.png

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Although i will say that even though Ryza does have fanserivce complaints, i am confused because despite what the marketing may show, Ryza barely had any fanservice moments in the game itself and the moments that were there weren't that different from previous games.

probably the designs themselves?

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

probably the designs themselves?

Even then, I don't buy it. Because you still had a few characters with lots of revealing skin in the older games. Even among the protagonists, you have Totori, Meruru and Ayesha (in their first appearances) who have very exposed legs.

And sure, there's Lila, who has big boobs but then you also have Mel(?) in Atelier Totori who wears bikini armor.

Goes back to the original point that Ryza has about as much fanservice as the previous games and it only feels like it's more because of the marketing.

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20200904_135710.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20200904_135711.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20200904_135713.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20200904_135714.jpg?width=768&height

Teehee

...You know, the second trailer for the new Bond film No Time To Die makes me want to go back and read more of Ian Fleming’s original novels of this famous spy.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

tfw this one was actually my favorite BECAUSE of how silly it was. XD
Especially Nia at the end, who was like "screw this, I'm out!" lmao

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Congratulations

79c.gif

Thank you!
Applauding Godzilla is weirdly adorable, ngl. XD

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I still can't get over how my area's bus motto for the pandemic is "Together we ride."

Ha! Nice! XD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

FE is the official Corona sponsor

lmao

---

So Nights of Azure 2 Extreme difficulty. My first time playing the game on that difficulty, but then again, this is "only" my third playthrough (and I still get hyped by the hype moments, such as best villain ever's first appearance).
IHlovb0.jpg
She says in a very creepy monotone, as she summons four giant, disembodied hands. Absolutely spine-chilling. Especially with that music playing in the background.

Also, Extreme difficulty is insanely fun! Overall, I'd call the combat a tad weaker than the original game, since Arnice's movements felt more fluid than Aluche's, but I really have to think about what I'm doing in a fight, which I can very much appreciate.
So far, I haven't died yet... not by my own volition, anyhow, because... Malvasia's first appearance also involves...
VApnaRt.jpg

Yeah, that.
F in the chat for Aluche.
If this was an Iron Man run, I'd have already failed it. XD

And then an instrumental version of the greatest final boss theme in video game history starts playing in the background and you get an intro that catches you up on things.

Aluche gets better, though, and wakes up as a half-demon with Arnice's blood running through her veins, resurrected by a female researcher by the name of Camilla (a much, MUCH better Camilla).