Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

24 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Holdo? Laura Dern's character?

If Laura Dern's hair is pink, then yes.

What did they do with her?

I'll put it in spoilers, because well, the funny gags are the only spoilers one can really make in a game like this. Just in case Armagon or Lightchao don't want the comedy spoiled to them.

Spoiler

They turned her into identical triplets with different colors of neon hair. Orange and green Holdo stand behind purple Holdo, nod and go "mhm" when she says something. It was great, I really wish they'd gotten a couple more scenes.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Neither is perfect, but I've been more of a Star Trek fan...

I'm far less familiar with this one, so I don't have much to say.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I figured it out.😁

Good on you! Patches for disc-based consoles seem to be more complicated for some reason.

The only PSP patch I recall using is the old leaked Zero no Kiseki translation. The <walls>... patch. But that didn't seem that hard.

Anyway, I hadn't heard of this, surprisingly. I thought I was aware of most of VW's games.

I see their design sensibilities showing themselves with the witch lady. 😛

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Ruben spitting facts

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ruben being exceedingly based saying Star Wars is overrated.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I appreciate the validation, guys.

I have returned.

4 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Something similiar to why many of sunny's memories were also "scratched out"

Comparing literally anything to Omori? You have my attention…

Man, that game was so good.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Exit Fate

I’ve never heard of it, what’s special about it? I mean, you say it requires thought but like… how so?

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Any ideas which I should pickI'll keep it like the Holy Roman Emperor, nothing you noblemen proclaim is law to me, but everything you say I'll consider as advice.

I’d go with red because it’s the best color of the three rare for games to let you play as the evil red empire, everything about them here screams “if the story was set, I’d be the villain”, so playing them would be interesting. Blue seems cool, if a little generic, and green seems like the boring objectively morally correct option without much interesting to it. So basically Three Houses.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, saving every two seconds destroys all difficulty and tension. Instead of strategizing to maximize the chances of victory, accounting for possible bad luck and having a plan B, you just try the 70% and if it misses, you load and RNG abuse. Not quite the same experience.

That's why I only save every turn instead of all the time. Cause saving during a turn might end up fucking me up in the long run.

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I would, better to lose and start over than not earn the victory at all imo.

I value my time too much to redo an hour of what i already did.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

PSP games normally a hassle to patch? I've been trying to get Grand Knights History translated this morning, but I seem to be hitting a wall attempting to apply the patch (or patches?, why do I need three files?). I'll come back to this later.

Just find it prepatched. I can't tell you where to look tho.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Any ideas which I should pick

Flip a coin. From what i've researched, the choice doesn't seem to matter too much, it really was just for the now defunct multiplayer aspect.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Man, that game was so good.

Preach.

I’ve never heard of it

Neither had I, until just yesterday, when I ran into it on Youtube.

what’s special about it?

A number of things, looking in from afar. I'll be better equipped to answer this when I actually play it.

I mean, you say it requires thought but like… how so?

I cannot answer that right now. You may've missed it, but I was merely sharing what I've read about it online, not my own impressions.

Everything I read did convince me, however, and you know how I am with JRPGs (although this one was made by a Dutch man, as far as I know. DRPG?). So you can consider that a good sign on its own right, if you like.

I’d go with red because it’s the best color of the three rare for games to let you play as the evil red empire, everything about them here screams “if the story was set, I’d be the villain”, so playing them would be interesting. Blue seems cool, if a little generic, and green seems like the boring objectively morally correct option without much interesting to it. So basically Three Houses.

A good summary.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Just one of the MCs with fucked up past with something similiar yet quite different.

I like the other MC quite a bit more tho, so S2 has been weaker for me due to her absence.

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Just took a quick listen through Exit Fate's soundtrack. As expected, I recognize none of it, save for a couple tracks from Chrono Trigger. Nice.

I'm far too excited for this game. I really should temper my expectations. It's an old indie freeware JRPG. Chances are I won't finish it. But we'll see. First, I have two more episodes of Skywalker Saga to get through. Will probably start this tomorrow.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Would you believe me if I told you Yakuza 0 is just like Omori?

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I value my time too much to redo an hour of what i already did.

If you seen my vids on KH III, a perfect victory doesn't come from using a crutch to win, it comes from practice and learning, at least in my experience.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Lots of stairs?

Funnily enough, the devs of Yakuza 0, RGG Studios, went on to make a Fist of the North Star game.

...It is infamous for the speed at which Kenichiro ascends stairs. And there's a lot of them.

I mean, just saying, there's also lots of practice and learning when it comes to using a crutch...

Metaphorically and literally, from that one time I spent two weeks with my foot in a cast.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ah, how nice. The game glitched out again. I must switch to Rey so she can have a QTE fight with Kylo, but I'm stuck as BB8 instead. Great.

Well, I'll have to do it again tomorrow, because I don't feel like it now. I did go off to Geonosis and grabbed a datacard, though. Will need it soon for the 10x stud multiplier. Hell, at this rate I'm going to have the rave 'round the end of Revenge! That's good timing, just in case Exit Fate really grabs me and I consider this one wrapped up when Rogue Legacy 2 comes out.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

If you seen my vids on KH III, a perfect victory doesn't come from using a crutch to win, it comes from practice and learning, at least in my experience.

And an action game is different from an SRPG.