• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Wait.. it's strength? For some reason I thought con was the stat needed. Guess it's a moot point then.

Yeah sorry it is con, have been playing the Tellius games recently. Although I do seem to remember Raiper as one of the few sword types he can grab at base, as it has to be higher, not equal to weight.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yeah sorry it is con, have been playing the Tellius games recently. Although I do seem to remember Raiper as one of the few sword types he can grab at base, as it has to be higher, not equal to weight.

I just got a really lucky con growth on him in chapter 4 while he was stealing vulneraries to keep everyone alive. Yet I apparently missed the first chance to use it.

I can't believe Plasma Boy didn't get asses into seats.

I think in the German dub, he actually did always talk about blood.

In case I happen to remember that correctly, it's most certainly rather sad if a German localization ended up adding more blood.

Edited by BrightBow

So uh. I'd heard things when I started this game, so I knew there was a, uh... wide variety in playable characters.

What I wasn't expecting was this. What's this absolute unit doing in the Middle Ages of (Sorta) Anime? This one was also a pretty funny encounter. Or... Well, okay, maybe I should've expected something like this.

This one's my absolute favorite so far, though. Look at that. Is that the most amazing thing in the world or what? He's German, too. As if he needed anything more to convince me after I'd seen his face. How do I get him in my team? Can I get him in my team? Please tell me I can, I'll give him the final boss.

Anyway, I'm still liking this game, surprisingly enough. Random encounters are still pretty simple affairs, but I've found that being in RPGMaker only works in the game's favor here. Battles are lightning fast due to the lack of fancy fioritures, so I'm not getting tired of it as easily. Or maybe I'm just in a weird mood. I don't know, JRPGs and me have a strange relationship. Yes yes, I know, tsundere, get on with it.

In unrelated news, I would appreciate it if Youtube would stop pestering me about Johnny Depp and whatever is going on between him and his wife/ex-wife/girlfriend/friend with benefits. I clicked one video that popped up by accident, and now every time I enter the site, there's one or two videos about it. I don't give a shit, Youtube. Get a hint, I've told you these videos don't interest me like five times now.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

FE doesn't have instances where i shoot a guy at point-blank range and it still misses.

That's... the point of the system? Idk what your trying to say here, besides that you think everything should have 100% activation or hit%, which sounds absurd imo.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In unrelated news, I would appreciate it if Youtube would stop pestering me about Johnny Depp and whatever is going on between him and his wife/ex-wife/girlfriend/friend with benefits. I clicked one video that popped up by accident, and now every time I enter the site, there's one or two videos about it. I don't give a shit, Youtube. Get a hint, I've told you these videos don't interest me like five times now.

The algorithm does not care a jot for your input.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This one's my absolute favorite so far, though. Look at that. Is that the most amazing thing in the world or what? He's German, too. As if he needed anything more to convince me after I'd seen his face. How do I get him in my team? Can I get him in my team? Please tell me I can, I'll give him the final boss.

The Deke has returned to us.

Also, I watched that other Mario film. Somehow more of a crossover fic than the Illumination one. Though that choreography was nice, especially (I hate to say) the Waluigi bit.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

for real, enemies with 100% crit?

Just don't fight them bro lol ecksdee

Edited by Dayni

I'm in a bit of a bind now. The game wants me to go out and recruit more people. I've managed to grab the shit kid that mugged me earlier and a merc for 400 bucks, but that's about it. I'm hoping that'll be enough, otherwise the only straightforward recruitment I could find is a veteran merc demanding 1500 moneys. Too much grinding there, I'd rather avoid it if at all possible.

Either that, or find the cat again. But this cat is something else. Found it once, it just ran off to the other side of the map. Found it again, ran off again to God knows where. At this rate, the cat's going to be by the final boss's side...

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The algorithm does not care a jot for your input.

Doesn't seem like it does.

The Deke has returned to us.

Full name Me Deke.

Seriously, he's even German too. TF2 had been out for a couple years when this Exit Fate came out. I wonder...

Also, I watched that other Mario film. Somehow more of a crossover fic than the Illumination one. Though that choreography was nice, especially (I hate to say) the Waluigi bit.

It's pretty amazing for an amateur, fan-made movie. There is a significant chance that the Illumination one will be less good.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

ffs

YOOOO LET'S GOOO EL MUERTO SWEEP

33 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That's... the point of the system? Idk what your trying to say here, besides that you think everything should have 100% activation or hit%, which sounds absurd imo.

My point was that big RNG moments is not a Fire Emblem only thing. Valkyria Chronicles has dumb RNG moments too yet it still allows you to save every turn.

Ah, good, those two were enough. Thank goodness, I was a bit afraid for a while there.

...Though I'd still like to find that cat.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, German Mad Doctor is basically a stereotype. Nothing new there.

True enough.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's pretty amazing for an amateur, fan-made movie. There is a significant chance that the Illumination one will be less good.

>Illumination

Significant might not be sufficient to describe those chances.

(Also, am I wrong in thinking Wario and Waluigi have never been plumbers in the games? just something I thought about watching Mario Warfare)

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

for real, enemies with 100% crit?

Why not? Just don't let them attack. Easy enough.

I mean, Berwick Saga has knives that give 80% crit. That's close enough, I'd say.

Edited by BrightBow

30 minutes ago, Dayni said:

>Illumination

Significant might not be sufficient to describe those chances.

"Guaranteed" works better?

30 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(Also, am I wrong in thinking Wario and Waluigi have never been plumbers in the games? just something I thought about watching Mario Warfare)

I mean, it's not like Mario and Luigi ever did much plumbing themselves. Wario and Waluigi are just sort of... Dudes of a nondescript occupation who only seem to be there to be greedy assholes. Hey maybe they're politicians.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I mean, Berwick Saga has knives that give 80% crit. That's close enough, I'd say.

To be fair, in Berwick these guys work because of the way crits work in Berwick. They deal large amounts of unblockable damage, which is precisely what makes them a unique and interesting threat to handle. Tanking them is not optimal. In another game they'd just be pointlessly strong, where you could just replicate the same effect by increasing their attack, as The Roger ays.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, in Berwick these guys work because of the way crits work in Berwick. They deal large amounts of unblockable damage, which is precisely what makes them a unique and interesting threat to handle. Tanking them is not optimal. In another game they'd just be pointlessly strong, where you could just replicate the same effect by increasing their attack, as The Roger ays.

As far as I am concerned there are only two enemy critical hit chances: 0% and 100%

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, it's not like Mario and Luigi ever did much plumbing themselves.

The biggest twist from Superstar Saga: Them actually fixing up a place's plumbing.

Is having a 5% chance to randomly fail really any better then a 50% chance to randomly fail?

Random chance is really only good if it forces you to adapt. Not if it forces a reset. Which is what all this critical hit nonsense does.

Mega Man Zero 1 review

Oh man, i hate to be putting this out on the game's 20th anniversary but this game is uh, not good. Level design is non-existent, what little of it that does exist isn't very good. Boss fight quality is low, the music gets very repetitive. Zero is a non-character and i get that he's supposed to lose his memory in this but like....c'mon. The only way to even have fun in this game is to turn on Easy Scenario, because it makes the game go by quicker but then at that point, just don't play this game. This game's only redeeming factor is that the controls are actually really good.

4/10

But yeah, Mario and Luigi being plumbers was just a remnant from their Mario Bros. days, when they lived in New York City and all that.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Just don't fight them bro lol ecksdee

Every enemy unit? How would you avoid them?

49 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yeah but thats scarce. as above, i meant every enemy unit on the field, it would make the game pretty irritating to play.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

My point was that big RNG moments is not a Fire Emblem only thing. Valkyria Chronicles has dumb RNG moments too yet it still allows you to save every turn.

Every turn, sure, not every moment of every frame though. Save states are in a different league from RD battle saves for example. 

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

The real question is... is it still a crit if it's 100% of the time? At that point wouldn't you just up the base attack?

Well... If accuracy isnt 100%, I suppose it would rig the generator in the attackers favor if anything.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Every turn

Yes that's what i've been advocating for this whole time. I'm not saying you should save state every action, it's fine to save state at the start of each turn.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Save states are in a different league from RD battle saves for example. 

Literally the same thing, just one is official and one isn't.