• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I remember taking piano lessons as a kid. Coincidentally as an early teen I sprained an ankle for jumping down too many stairs steps. Fortunately it wasn't my little brother pushing me... now that wouldn't be Something...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I’ve always wanted to learn the piano. Such a pretty instrument.

However, pianos are expensive, so it’s never happened.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I remember taking piano lessons as a kid. Coincidentally as an early teen I sprained an ankle for jumping down too many stairs steps. Fortunately it wasn't my little brother pushing me... now that wouldn't be Something...

Acacia…

But seriously, spending two weeks with my foot in a cast and having to use crutches was certainly not fun. And I learned my lesson. Since then I stopped jumping the last five-six steps of any flight of stairs.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I like to imagine I'm a background character who barely contributes to the plot, but has a moderate fan following.

Having fought Meta Knight in Forgotten Land, he doesn't mess around in this game. Making him an Arena exclusive boss is a good way to work around needing a reason for Kirby to fight him during the main story. You even get to use his sword for your trouble, though I won't get it until I upgrade Ice and Sleep first.

(It would be nice if Meta Knight himself was playable, but I'll take what I can get.)

I'm the guy who's willing to say things that others don't have the courage to, even if it causes conflict.

47 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t know who was and wasn’t here when I showed up or how I meshed with the whole of teehee, I just sort of… appeared. Oh no, don’t tell me I’m the obvious twist villain!

Just like me...

Are We The Baddies? GIF - Baddies Are We The Baddies - Discover & Share GIFs

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Acacia…

When you have no idea what's going on | Reaction Images | Know Your Meme

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

These both sound nice. Ruben, why do you keep doing this to me?

Heh, well. I'm Garon, which means I'm evil, apparently.

Isn’t Rogue Legacy 2 a roguelike though? Not sure I’d enjoy that, but then again, I’ve never actually played one.

Sooks damnit I'm supposed to sleep but you're making me gush about games over multiple paragraphs

It's... kind of a roguelike, but with one major difference. Like a roguelike, the map and your character are randomly generated each time you die. Unlike a roguelike, there is progression. When you die, you get to spend all the gold you obtained in the run into a wide array of upgrades for your castle. That's what I mean by there not being any time waste in the game. In pure roguelikes, when you die, all you gain is practice. In Rogue Legacy, when you die, you actively progress.

You can also, with the right upgrades, disable most RNG from the game if you like. The architect can lock the castle down and prevent it from being generated randomly, though he takes a gold fee that increases for each run you keep the castle locked. You also unlock a special shop after the first boss. Among its wares are the abilities to lock one of the three possible heirs (new characters to pick after death) to a specific class, spell and trait.

But honestly, it's just more fun (and profitable) to explore the random castle with random characters. These are best employed when you want to concentrate on a boss.

So yeah. Rogue Legacy 2 takes everything good of roguelikes and everything good of linear RPG progression systems and combines it. What's not to love?

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ve always wanted to learn the piano. Such a pretty instrument.

However, pianos are expensive, so it’s never happened.

I took piano lessons as a kid. But I dropped it when I entered high shool. Too stressful, back then I couldn't stand failure, and it nade playing the piano incredibly frustrating.

I've occassionally considered picking it back up. Too little drive for it, though.

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Acacia no

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This is the rest's cue to tell you to play Omori.

Okay, I'll make Omori a priority instead of SRW

34 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That is an awesome skill, i'm jealous!

Aw thanks.

I wish I had done more with it, tbh.

But bad experiences with teachers left me on my own and it kinda fell by the wayside as I got older.

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Dark Humor GIF - Dark Humor - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

Relatable.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Progressing after dying doesn't mean death is mandatory in Rogue Legacy 2, though. The abilities that are most impactful and/or required to reach areas of the map are tied not to castle upgrades, but rather heirlooms. You find these in the world, and once you acauire them by besting their challenge, they're yours forever.

Of course, this means you don't have to upgrade anything if you don't want to. Quite the opposite - if you're godly enough, you can beat the game on the first life!

Still, most people will die. The game isnt easy. The fact that they kept the games challenging while making them accessible by turning the act of dying into part of the fun is one of both Rogue Legacies's strongest perks, in my humble opinion.

That, and RL2 introduces house rules, which allow you to customize the difficulty to your liking. Even straight up cheat, if you just feel like watching the world burn!

Fuck, I need to sleep. I'm regaining the horrible habit of using my phone in bed. That's terrible, I need to stop this again tomorrow. Stupid books and their words that elude me! I had to stop leaving the phone out of reach so I could google them...!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Stairs. : r/Kirby

He ate the stairs!

Kirby unlocking the secret golden ending by getting rid of the stairs and stopping the plot from happening.

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…why do half of Skywalker Saga’s steam reviews mention sex?

(In reference to the Steam reviews, not you)

Edited by Benice

6 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Nah it didn't dw

Oh good. 

6 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I just don't wanna imagine the possibility of it being that bad xD

Man, i've got it worse lmao, this is a sequel to my favorite game of all time.

.....releasing the literal day after the sequel to another one of my favorite games of all time. The possibility of both of them sucking, however miniscule, is uh.....not something i want to think about haha.

I will say, just to get it out there, my main concern with Xenoblade 3 is it's villains. Mr. Wild Ride seems like he'll be fun but it'll be really important how they handle Melia and Nia (i'll reluctantly accept brainwash, provided it's done in a way that makes sense but i'd rather not). Ethel is another one i'm not fully sold yet. And since this game appears to have a high(?) number of female antagonists, i really hope they nail that. Xeno is a series with very good female characters and very good antagonists but for some reason, they almost never overlap. I don't know why. 

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Maybe if I was in the mood for more SRPG, but fe9 has left me wanting to play something else.

I’m not 100% sure what though.

Sooks since you have a PS4, you can play Gravity Rush 2. It's only $20, has a free demo, and it's really fun.

Do not play the first game, the first game is doodoo ass and it really doesn't matter anyway.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Welp, I know what I’m going to play next.

…why do half of Skywalker Saga’s steam reviews mention sex?

The Anakin/Padme sex scene was really out of place ngl.

The bad news is I have no idea what order I want to play through the movies in. Like at all.

I mean, it probably doesn’t matter that much, but I’m indecisive.

Eh, for nostalgia’s sake I can start with the first one, like in The Complete Saga, and see how I feel after that.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

has a free demo,

Too late, but tell me this next time I’m looking for something not RPG/SRPG 😛

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

The bad news is I have no idea what order I want to play through the movies in. Like at all.

I mean, it probably doesn’t matter that much, but I’m indecisive.

Just go in chronological order like me.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Too late, but tell me this next time I’m looking for something not RPG/SRPG 😛

Something to keep in mind then.

I imagine you wouldn't play another RPG after Radiant Dawn anyways.

Just now, Armagon said:

Just go in chronological order like me.

I’ll go with the flow.

Which means start with 1 and see how I feel after that.

Just now, Armagon said:

Something to keep in mind then.

I imagine you wouldn't play another RPG after Radiant Dawn anyways.

I mean, I might if Radiant Dawn is good.

But then again, if it’s as slow as Path of Radiance…