Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Ok so i've noticed something very important about Xenoblade 3 gameplay but we don't have confirmation

The party seems to be doing pretty well against those enemies despite being several levels lower. I mean, probably optimized, sure, but then i reviewed other footage where the party and enemies are closer in level and i noticed something: no indication of how much level, at least not one that i can see. Usually, enemy name bars or the targeting reticule would be a certain color depending on how closer they are to your level but i can't find anything of the sort in the footage we've gotten. Are level penalties truly gone in this game? Cause they technically were in Xenoblade X and 2/Torna, they were just miniscule compared to Xenoblade 1.

.....Nah, i don't want to lean definitively on something. I get the feeling we won't know how it is until people are able to play the games themselves.

So i don't remember if we seen these arts already

(top) Splash Blast

(Left) Healing Ring

(Bottom) Power Circle?

(Right) Healing Circle

And the left hand side command is enter link, i think?

On the topic: If they are gone, great, i would prefer to be allowed to challenge myself if i want to. If not, i can live with it as it was in any non XC1 game.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So i don't remember if we seen these arts already

(top) Splash Blast

(Left) Healing Ring

(Bottom) Power Circle?

(Right) Healing Circle

*Looks up subs* more or less, yeah.

The right Art seems to be a Talent Art and Eunie's is casting an AoE regen field around her

04.jpg

(Side-note: I don't know if these UI-less screenshots and videos are just dev shenanigans or if you can actually turn the UI off completely. You know, for those who say you can't see anything in these games.)

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Interlink, yes. That's the Ouroboros button.

I did say about Anna's VA shilling NFTs before I'm pretty sure. Certainly a funny thing if you know.

Anyways, I am off for the next few days, no way I should be popping back here. The wedding should be nice.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or is that after the timeskip when we're both in better places?

Ayup!

B-support for now, A-support when we're doin better!

Let's just hope the time skip won't be fire emblem-y

I still plan to travel the world after all!

(Probably the main reason i like adventure games so much over life sim games, it's something i wanna do one day myself... well, without the fighting part xD)

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Are level penalties truly gone in this game?

PLEASE

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

*Looks up subs* more or less, yeah.

The right Art seems to be a Talent Art and Eunie's is casting an AoE regen field around her

04.jpg

(Side-note: I don't know if these UI-less screenshots and videos are just dev shenanigans or if you can actually turn the UI off completely. You know, for those who say you can't see anything in these games.)

Interlink, yes. That's the Ouroboros button.

Well at least my reading skills haven't rusted out! XD

Well, the screen isn't too zoomed out a la XCX, so i don't think it'll be a problem.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Shrimpolaris @lightcosmo

20220430_095537.jpg

Lmao.

(I better see y'all get the joke when i check back in during break).

STAPH

I don't wanna see another series i grew to love go down that route and have fake suffering and stupid writing lol

It better be something serious and not "broken" while everything is handed on a silver platter and the dick sucking ensues

Thanks for the ptsd

Edited by Shrimpolaris

The Sun rises, my bedroom has a spectacular view over my vast suburban front yard . The interplay of sunlight and verdant green- grass and three large trees laden with leaves at least 50 ft/30m tall, it does a soul good.😌

...I need to play some video game. But... I dunno what to do with this not yet 24 hrs old. Starting something new like Kirby would be a bad idea, since I don't want anything to be tainted with this clusterfuck. I think I need to fall back on something light, and probably old. ...Soma Bringer 2nd run? Is this the time for that? I'm too finicky and indecisive.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

I don't know about your area but sometimes you get some downright awful things happening, committed by as few as one person, but none of that means that gay people should retreat underground and feel like they can't be open about themselves.

Right now, I'm in a rather liberal location, thankfully.

My problem with my family's argument here, they were using a serial killer documentary they had coincidentally begun watching as the example of dangers that are. Really? Those morons chose that? As if gays haven't been discriminated against and persecuted for decades, centuries? A lone serial killer is one ice crystal in Antartica. When I tried -and admittedly failed to put it well into words b/c I'm better at writing out my thoughts- to explain the longer, more general societal discrimination and persecution of the LGBTQ+ community, they brushed it aside. I'm goddamn history grad with more of an eye on politics and culture wars than them! How dare they!

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

On the other arguments, I kinda get them? The getting yourself settled is a good thing. Getting yourself a base where you're working and able to get there yourself helps build yourself up, which is important for relationships too. And to take a swing at myself, like I'm going to get anyone interested in me in the place I'm at (maybe that's not fully true, but having the financial base to be self-reliant if not self-sufficient is a positive).

Of course, I know that. Hard to date when you can't drive, hard to have an equal relationship -as all dating should be- when someone controls all the finances. Hence my three goals towards some form of autonomy were: "drive, job, get laid(?)".

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

On the feeling like you can't just put yourself in any role? Same. I look at how some sectors exploit and malign their low-level employees and that makes me wary to go near those, never mind what sectors I've had unpaid experience with. I can't resolve that without getting to what I want to be doing, so that's something to work on. I'm hoping you're better on that than I am.

The issue is that I feel like anyone else you could hire, could do the job both faster and with higher quality. Anything I get would be a handout, because I'm inefficient, and doubt my capacity for improvement. That whole social awkwardness thing from being autistic, while not insurmountable I concede, also kinda kills a lot of job opportunities. Even something like an online exam grader sounds like something I'm not sure I'd be suited for, how do I avoid being too harsh or too generous?

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Can one misinterpret their signals and end up thinking they're something they're not? Sure.

For it to go on for so long? A bit of a stretch, but you hear people coming out decades into a marriage with their hetero partner and that just devastates things.

If all were to go well, maybe the guy would be willing to help me through a dreaded asexuality revelation? If he's gone that deep into loving me, it's a real possibility.😅

They probably would still have a be a divorce though, which I get. I would not be one of those people, who for reasons they don't want to talk about, deny their spouse the fulfillment of their sexual needs.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Luck? I wouldn't say so, if this community had behaved differently towards you you would have avoided such behaviour. I do think you have that much internet savvy.

True, I need to give myself some credit.😄 I spent a few years observing SF before finally joining. I've seen far worse message boards where slurs would probably be hurled my way in ten minutes. I can tell the difference, I think I can know when to wait before opening up.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Ah FFS.

This fucking argument that such things are way above our heads.

Thank you my Aspie brethren on the other side of the Atlantic!😁🤝

Things are inevitably more difficult for us. But that doesn't have to make them impossible.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nooooooo... That's not true at all. Insane? No, you're different. That's the whole point.

I'm incredibly late to the punch, I know (curse you, timezones!), but don't you let stuff like this bring you down. You are who you are, and that's perfectly fine.

I'm sorry. I wish I could say something deeper, or more useful. Yet all I can think of is, hang in there and soldier on.

Thank you too!😉

7 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Honestly wish I had something more useful or helpful to say, but I'm glad to be able to be supportive, if nothing else.

I hope things improve in the best way possible for you.

Thanks yet again!

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

And thank you as well.

Honestly, i'm still not sure how to respond in moments like these and i do feel like others have coveyed the points better than i have, but i want to say that we do listen (or rather, read in this case lol). So yeah, we're here if you wanna talk about something (even if we may not know how to respond).

And like I said before, take care of yourself 👍

Thanks once more.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

@Interdimensional Observer I'll pray that everything gets better for you! I would prefer not to give my personal opinion on how you should handle things, as someone who made way too many mistakes as a general (mostly in teen years)

But i don't mind listening if you need to let out feelings! ❤️

And thanks, my fellow Xenocult member!😀

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Anyways, I am off for the next few days, no way I should be popping back here. The wedding should be nice.

I hope it is!

I actually was invited to one that was held in the past week. I declined, not particularly close to the relatives anymore, and thought it'd save a little money. And, I think you can generally imagine what I would be thinking of seeing two people in the process of achieving holy matrimony.

Does it matter which laguz I choose here? Idk, uhh… Tibarn! Or maybe Naesala…

13 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Just out of curiosity, did you enter his attack range, or wait until he starts moving on his own?

I entered his range.

Just now, Sooks said:

If you pick Giffca and then import the save file to Radiant Dawn, Giffca joins for the final stretch with +2 Str, because he's the only royal with a capped stat in PoR.

Which is a lot of words to say "No." - Giffca isn't the most high-impact unit in RD.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Not particularly, as if you have an Ike/Ena/Nasir good enough to get to phase 2, you probably don't need any of the royal Laguz's help. In case you are curious Naesala is the weakest of the three (although they are all crazy good), Griffca is a little goofy in that picking him gives him a free strength transfer bonus (as he is capped level and capped strength), although personally I think Tibarn is the best pick.

I chose Naesala, then saw how easily he died and chose Tibarn instead.

That was a very boring boss fight though, Ashnard was just a wall of stats who was way too tanky. The only way I could see to get through that is to have Tibarn and Ike chip at him while Mist and Elincia cheese the boss by spamming physic from just outside his range. He’s just too strong and way too tanky.

Ahahaha… the text speed is forced to slow to a crawl during the epilogue story scenes? Wow, the game is really forcing itself to just keep going. This is taking absolutely forever, for zero reason. You can’t make this up!