Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah, that one should be fine since it's all contained within commas, so it's clear she's referring to. lol

That said... why did she begun like a list but then stopped counting after the 2?

3rd one is in the next dialogue box XD

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

3rd one is in the next dialogue box XD

Then I guess it's as Interdimensional said. 2 is "becoming an adult" with the age or loss of virginity being what counts as.

Well, okay, time to begin Dragonborn. Off to Solstheim!

It's kinda funny. Solstheim was the setting of Morrowind's Bloodmoon DLC, and the island was part of Skyrim. Now in Skyrim, the Dragonborn DLC marks a return to the island, where it's now part of Morrowind, having been granted to them after the whole Red Year debacle.

The beginning of the Fourth Era was not kind to the Dunmer. What with the Tribunal finally crashing down on Vvanderfell, Red Mountain erupting, and then the Argonians invading Morrowind... like, damn...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Not really, the game runs incredibly well considering the console its on. Load times are fast and the resolution isn't bad when you're playing it on a small screen.

Huh, thats actually surprising, and impressive. 

How do controls like movement and such feel? Smooth, wonky, terrible, insert describing word here. 

Next FE should be like...

Or next KagaSaga.

Actually, just... woe be the day Kaga and Tomino actually team-up...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Except I don't feel like downloading an NES/Famicom emulator, since I can't really think of any other titles I'd go back to that era for. A chore (albeit it very minor), for a game I'm not exactly enthused about.

I understand. I'm really not sure if I'd recommend it. Its oddities certainly add tedium, and I don't think most would be able to tolerate that.

"Happy is that city, which in time of peace, thinks of war."

No idea if the Venetians, as one author wrote, actually had this written somewhere in their famed Arsenal, but I felt it was appropriate to mention. Could be saying a strong offense is a good defense, but then, the Venetians were if anything expert profiteers.

The Venetian Arsenal, itself was Europe's large single concentrated workforce for several centuries. Empires bigger than a single city with some hinterlands and islands, might have more total workers over their entire territory, but the Arsenal's 2500 workmen in the 1500-1600s comprised Europe's single biggest "factory" so to speak. The many ships the Arsenal workers churned out couldn't have been solely for peaceful purposes, and certainly not the munitions. 

Venice also had a thriving glassmaking industry for centuries, until the rest of Europe managed to break its monopoly. -You wouldn't have wanted to have been a Venetian glassmaker however, as you were banned for life from ever leaving the designated glassmakers' island. It was in the Venetian national interest to keep you from running off to another country and end up setting up business there, as it would thereby give Venice's geopolitical rivals the manufactory knowhow for making high-quality glasswork. Can't have that.

Glassmaking slaves. That's a new one...

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Every puzzle has an answer, Luke.

Layton happens upon a corpse on the side of the street

"Aahhh! Professor! We need to report this to the police!"

"...Luke."

"Professor please no--"

"T H I S   R E M I N D S   M E   O F   A   P U Z Z L E"

I was talking about the clown girl from Triangle Strategy who apparently has godlike powers.

Ah, I thought you might've been referring to that one.

Neat, I guess. Though her voice acting really wasn't all that.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Would you say the scene needs to be that long or is Kaga simply trying to go for a world record?

Cezae goes around asking about the Princess of Sphire. He asks like five people, and each of them tells him the same story, adding a couple new bits of info at the end. Every time.

I swear I would've found a way to kill him if he'd asked one more person...

6 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Well, you see, that's where you are wrong: there aren't any FE3 fans. They do not exist.

Really? I see plenty trying to tell me godawful UI is better than Kris's existence.

Inb4 you join the team that likes Gaiden and dislikes Echoes.

Oh God, please.

No... I don't want that...

Just remember, if you end up disliking it for any reason, you'll be further into the "hate anime" spectrum than I. For I have no reason to hate Xenoblade!

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Honestly, at this point... I feel you guys have beaten the horse carcass for far too long it becomes annoying at times.

I know, I apologize for bringing it up again. It's just, in this case it makes me particularly sad, because they have genuine chemistry despite being a straight Kaga couple, but the age situation makes me too uncomfortable to be able to enjoy it. But I suppose I shouldn't have said anything. Sorry.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, it's okay. I'm such an outlier anyway, why am I even here...

Well, I'll sleep it off.

Nah, nah, don't say that. You were right. This has been discussed enough times. I should just focus on the good parts.

Like Bennette herself! Victim of Kaga's bad habits though she may be, she manages to have plenty of great moments. And she's an excellent unit, too.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Soooo, any further plans to make the Brits lose their s****s by establishing a stronger continental hegemony?

Oh, absolutely. Aragon is already my vassal (I was in the process of politely asking France to return what land they had taken from them before I yoinked them from Castile), Castile is a shell of its former self, Portugal is chaining bankruptcies... And I believe there's one or two Irish minors that I can vassalise diplomatically, so there's a foothold into Albion available without beating (or, more realistically, desperately fighting them while unloading troops elsewhere) the British navy. Endgoal: Make London Irish.

At some point, I'll have to deal with the Osmanoglus, though. Turks who pick Quantity as an idea group are rather scary, since they get a total of +83% to their land force limit. I think they have 300k+ troops right now, compared to my own 100k and France's 90k.

> Shitty Armor units force deployed again, and without preps this time

Kaga please

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

the age situation makes me too uncomfortable to be able to enjoy it.

Be like me and stop caring about anime ages because they make no fucking sense Ü

(That, and it's okay for fiction to be problematic. No, in fact, it should be problematic. Fiction ain't the place for morals, but that's just me being a weirdo, probably. It's because jp writers give no fucks is that i like their works)

Edited by Shrimpy

10 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Well, you see, that's where you are wrong: there aren't any FE3 fans. They do not exist.

tenor_72.gif

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Cezae goes around asking about the Princess of Sphire. He asks like five people, and each of them tells him the same story, adding a couple new bits of info at the end. Every time.

Damn like the same story word for word?

Cult of the Lamb seems to have achieved the status of at least a cult classic, seeing that it has hit 1 million sales in like a week's time. I didn't expect that at all. Although, the game is still low on my radar, I'll wait for it be fully updated by first, by which time it would probably be on sale.

Soul Hackers 2 on the other hand, looks to be a playable if somewhat disappointing 7. No rush then on that either. Might still get it when I'm craving an Atlus RPG and it has been put on sale, assuming Denuvo is ever later removed.

5 hours ago, ping said:

Oh, absolutely. Aragon is already my vassal (I was in the process of politely asking France to return what land they had taken from them before I yoinked them from Castile), Castile is a shell of its former self, Portugal is chaining bankruptcies... And I believe there's one or two Irish minors that I can vassalise diplomatically, so there's a foothold into Albion available without beating (or, more realistically, desperately fighting them while unloading troops elsewhere) the British navy. Endgoal: Make London Irish.

At some point, I'll have to deal with the Osmanoglus, though. Turks who pick Quantity as an idea group are rather scary, since they get a total of +83% to their land force limit. I think they have 300k+ troops right now, compared to my own 100k and France's 90k.

I was thinking Iberia would be the natural next choice, as isolated as it is.

And Dayni might approve the London gambit. Not that he has been here in a little while. Spice it up and do what hasn't been done since the Normans -unless you're afraid the Ottomans will make you their foot rest. Sounds like it could be fun- how to keep the Turk at bay whilst pursuing the vanity project of conquering Britannia.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

(That, and it's okay for fiction to be problematic. No, in fact, it should be problematic. Fiction ain't the place for morals, but that's just me being a weirdo, probably. It's because jp writers give no fucks is that i like their works)

I mean, you've been complaining of poor-written villains. Why do you want villains to be well-written? Villains are bad. 😜

I myself agree to an extent. It's delightful for instance to have gray characters, those who have do some questionable things or have significant moral flaws, because they're fictional. IRL, yeah, we want everyone to be a moral goodie-good (and we don't like it that the world ain't that way), but boring in entertainment, which is supposed to be, well, entertaining. -Provided the gray characters don't cross certain lines that vary from person-to-person.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

h1jw8gom7li91.jpg

BASEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The voice actor of that Claude dude I'm not acquainted with, right?

I am going to disagree with him, because there are some characters who I personally believe must be kept pure because they are precious and must be protected. 

...But who I am to talk? I've spent more time over the past three days in my head: crying, kissing, getting fucked by, and engaging in nonintercourse intimacy with a video game character, than I have spent on actually playing video games.😝

Moving away from the very apparent fact my priorities are clearly not in proper order, I do generally agree with what he is saying. And ofc I approve the explicit "be gay". 😙

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They did Machine Assassin so dirty.

I don't think XC2 really even had debuffs out of the not-really-"debuffs" called Seals and Driver Combos. While for XC1, the only ones I ever paid attention to inflicting were the damage-over-time ones and like Monado Purge.

I can't speak on XC3, but for XCX, I think I just never really tried to rely on debuffs, despite having weapon types that leaned into them and Overdrive improving their efficacy. Pure damage always won out, even for the classes on the bottom third of the class tree which were supposed to be debuff-oriented. Keeping a purple art or two for Overdrive is essential, but you're using them for the TP generation, not really the debuffs themselves. Having an Attribute Res Down Art on hand was nice, as was Shock if you're using Electric weapons and Conductive Strike, but those were just ways to increase raw damage output.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Soul Hackers 2 on the other hand, looks to be a playable if somewhat disappointing 7.

Meanwhile I'd probably play it if only so that the last Atlus game I've played wasn't ass (inb4 SH2 is also had).

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

don't think XC2 really even had debuffs out of the not-really-"debuffs" called Seals and Driver Combos. While for XC1, the only ones I ever paid attention to inflicting were the damage-over-time ones and like Monado Purge.

I can't speak on XC3, but for XCX, I think I just never really tried to rely on debuffs, despite having weapon types that leaned into them and Overdrive improving their efficacy. Pure damage always won out, even for the classes on the bottom third of the class tree which were supposed to be debuff-oriented. Keeping a purple art or two for Overdrive is essential, but you're using them for the TP generation, not really the debuffs themselves. Having an Attribute Res Down Art on hand was nice, as was Shock if you're using Electric weapons and Conductive Strike, but those were just ways to increase raw damage output.

It just sucks in 3 specifically because Machine Assassin is specifically a class that specializes in debuffs and even has an Art that does more damage per debuff applied.....it just sucks because Debuff resistance is strong on a lot of enemies.

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Cult of the Lamb seems to have achieved the status of at least a cult classic, seeing that it has hit 1 million sales in like a week's time. I didn't expect that at all. Although, the game is still low on my radar, I'll wait for it be fully updated by first, by which time it would probably be on sale.

Another massive success that has completely slipped past me. If one of my coworkers hadn't brought it up I wouldn't even know it existed.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile I'd probably play it if only so that the last Atlus game I've played wasn't ass (inb4 SH2 is also had).

For you... not sure what else I'd consider recommending to refresh your image of Atlus. My usual standby answer of the Devil Survivors is a transparent "no" b/c gameplay issues. Nocturne is probably too aged even with the HD rerelease. SMTV I don't think suits you either. Digital Devil Saga needs an HD remaster and even then I'm not sure. SMTIV is also iffy. Anything older in the SMT franchise belongs in a museum. Other Personas are a nope! I don't think you'd be into Catherine. Why would you try Trauma Center? Etrian Odyssey even with normal difficulties toning things down could be not your speed.

...Radiant Historia? By the process of eliminating practically everything else, it's all that's left.😅

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It just sucks in 3 specifically because Machine Assassin is specifically a class that specializes in debuffs and even has an Art that does more damage per debuff applied.....it just sucks because Debuff resistance is strong on a lot of enemies.

Would lowering this potentially make debuffs busted? Could be. But then Etrian Odyssey wasn't a total steamroll even with ailments and binds as strong as they were in their best games (V and 2 Untold), enemies were still hard hitters you had to take on with some strategizing.

Bosses could be immune to some ailments, and in later games they had 50% resistance to everything as their standard baseline, with "weaknesses" being any ailment they less than 50% resistance to (compared to normal enemies, where an ailment weakness meant > 100% vulnerability). Yet that didn't kill the possibility of ailing bosses and FOEs (basically UMs). All it did was make it more or less required you optimize a character for debuffing if you wanted to consistently land something on bosses, which you could still do.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Another massive success that has completely slipped past me. If one of my coworkers hadn't brought it up I wouldn't even know it existed.

TBF, it seems like a total indie title that should've been fortunate to hit in 300k lifetime sales.

Not sure if it'd be for you. The simple roguelike combat? IDK. The city builder-inspired cult development? Even more of an unknown. You do get to be a cute little evil lamb though, sacrificing members of your flock and eating them is permissible. Although the game is built around such behavior, is it really evil without a sincere goodness to contrast it with? 

Just remember, 1 million is not even 1/3 of 1% of the total population of the United States of America's 330 million, which is less than a quarter of the 1.3-1.4 billion of India and China, which together comprise more than 2.7 billion, but only of a world soon to hit 8 billion. So "massive success" is very very very much a heavily qualified word.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For you... not sure what else I'd consider recommending to refresh your image of Atlus

Hey TMS is pretty good. Surely that's not the only good Atlus game out there.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Would lowering this potentially make debuffs busted?

Just make it work is all I ask for.

ITS REYN TIME!!!

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You do realize that dolphins have been known to engage in recreational sex? Including stuff that can't make babies like the good old rub. This is an oddity (if not unheard of- bonobos) in the animal kingdom outside of humans. They've even been seen horny with things other than their own species, including humans (not always consensual, we shouldn't expect another if less highly intelligent species to know to consent is a MUST when not all of us hairless apes understand that).

Inb4 Nasu's reason for using dolphins was to represent Shirou's jackhammer tendencies

https://i.imgur.com/npD5UUX.png

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not the best FE or anything, but I found one playthrough of both books enjoyable. Might be more willing to return to it than FEs 11 or 12.

Kris is disappointed in you...

14 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

How do controls like movement and such feel? Smooth, wonky, terrible, insert describing word here. 

Camera constrols are a bit wonky but that's because the 3DS' C-stick kinda sucks. I just wish the game had more touchscreen functionalities.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just remember, if you end up disliking it for any reason, you'll be further into the "hate anime" spectrum than I. For I have no reason to hate Xenoblade!

Counterpoint: XC1 is liked because its not "too anime" like XC2, so disliking it would actually mean that I'll be further into the "hate not-anime" spectrum.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

tenor_72.gif

Young Justice was cancelled again.

Edited by Newtype06

This game has the most 00's MMORPG game design

Edited by Newtype06